Glycobol with PWO shake?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Glycobol with PWO shake?

Can I take glycobol immediately after I finish my workout with my PWO shake? Or, would I have to take the 1 tablet and wait 20 minutes before consuming my PWO shake?

My shake consists of 50+g protein (whey, egg, casein) and 35g carbs (ON's GlycoMaize).

My goal is to gain lean muscle. Is it advised that I add more carbs to my shake, or is the 35g sufficient?

By the way, I love ALA and I can't wait to try out Glycobol.

P.S. I posted this question in the Glycobol sticky, but I thought I'd make my own thread.

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixGamer View Post
    Can I take glycobol immediately after I finish my workout with my PWO shake? Or, would I have to take the 1 tablet and wait 20 minutes before consuming my PWO shake?

My shake consists of 50+g protein (whey, egg, casein) and 35g carbs (ON's GlycoMaize).

My goal is to gain lean muscle. Is it advised that I add more carbs to my shake, or is the 35g sufficient?

By the way, I love ALA and I can't wait to try out Glycobol.

P.S. I posted this question in the Glycobol sticky, but I thought I'd make my own thread.
    You can have your cap of Glycobol with your postworkout shake if you want, but it will be more effective if you have it 15-20 minutes before your shake - therefore, perhaps take it towards the end of your training session. If you're only using one cap, then 35g of carbohydrates is sufficient, yes.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You can have your cap of Glycobol with your postworkout shake if you want, but it will be more effective if you have it 15-20 minutes before your shake - therefore, perhaps take it towards the end of your training session. If you're only using one cap, then 35g of carbohydrates is sufficient, yes.

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie!
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixGamer View Post
    Thanks Rosie!
    No worries I recommend trying both ways I suggested, to see what feels and works the best for you.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries I recommend trying both ways I suggested, to see what feels and works the best for you.

~Rosie~
    I agree try it both ways and see what works best for you.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

When I workout in the morning (fasted, only having had BCAAs at that point), I take my Glycobol as I walk out of the gym. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to work and then I eat some breakfast and have a shake.

This seems to work fine for me. I feel like Glycobol works best when taken on a relatively empty stomach and there is at least 15-20 minutes of time before eating.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    When I workout in the morning (fasted, only having had BCAAs at that point), I take my Glycobol as I walk out of the gym. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to work and then I eat some breakfast and have a shake.

This seems to work fine for me. I feel like Glycobol works best when taken on a relatively empty stomach and there is at least 15-20 minutes of time before eating.
    I agree this is how I normally take it.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  186 lbs.
    Answers

me too
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  186 lbs.
    Answers

well maybe more