Life Support for Women?

  1. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3532
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    65.36%

    Life Support for Women?


    My wife was told she had high blood pressure yesterday. Rather than immediately go to prescription medication she wants to try natural sups first. Can she take Life Support? It's the Nettle Root ans Saw Palmetto that concerns me.

  2. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,189
    Rep Power
    493836
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    My wife was told she had high blood pressure yesterday. Rather than immediately go to prescription medication she wants to try natural sups first. Can she take Life Support? It's the Nettle Root ans Saw Palmetto that concerns me.
    If she's taking birth control, the the Nettle Root will render it ineffective, so that's something you have to consider if she uses it. Re Saw Palmetto, that shouldn't affect females, as like DAA, it's a compound more specific for men.

    How high is her blood pressure? Is this a recent development or something she has had for a while? There are definitely many ways that one can decrease blood pressure without using medication - for example, nutrition (decrease sodium intake, etc.), exercise (increase it), natural supplementation (below), etc.

    You can always just get her to use Hawthorne Berry and Garlic - dosing/timing below.

    Hawthorne Berry
    3g/day (with meals, spread over 3 doses)
    Dose 1 - 1g with breakfast
    Dose 2 - 1g with lunch
    Dose 3 - 1g with dinner

    Garlic
    600-700 mg/day (with meals, spread over 2 doses)
    Dose 1 - 300-350mg with breakfast
    Dose 2 - 300-350mg with lunch

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3532
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    65.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If she's taking birth control, the the Nettle Root will render it ineffective, so that's something you have to consider if she uses it. Re Saw Palmetto, that shouldn't affect females, as like DAA, it's a compound more specific for men.

    How high is her blood pressure? Is this a recent development or something she has had for a while? There are definitely many ways that one can decrease blood pressure without using medication - for example, nutrition (decrease sodium intake, etc.), exercise (increase it), natural supplementation (below), etc.

    You can always just get her to use Hawthorne Berry and Garlic - dosing/timing below.

    Hawthorne Berry
    3g/day (with meals, spread over 3 doses)
    Dose 1 - 1g with breakfast
    Dose 2 - 1g with lunch
    Dose 3 - 1g with dinner

    Garlic
    600-700 mg/day (with meals, spread over 2 doses)
    Dose 1 - 300-350mg with breakfast
    Dose 2 - 300-350mg with lunch

    ~Rosie~
    She's 43, tubes tide, no birth control. She found out yesterday at her annual woman check up, so it happened sometime in the past year. If I had to guess, I'd say 2 months because her body temp. has increased. I can't hardly lay next to her without breaking a sweat. It was pretty high, like 190/150.

    I started her on fish oil a month ago. Told her last night to get some celery seed and garlic extract. Will def. get some Hawthorne Berry as well.

    Edit: One other thing, she was pretty stressed over a paint job gone bad. So it may come down a bit.

    Thanks Rosie, you're the best.
    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,189
    Rep Power
    493836
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    She's 43, tubes tide, no birth control. She found out yesterday at her annual woman check up, so it happened sometime in the past year. If I had to guess, I'd say 2 months because her body temp. has increased. I can't hardly lay next to her without breaking a sweat. It was pretty high, like 190/150.

    I started her on fish oil a month ago. Told her last night to get some celery seed and garlic extract. Will def. get some Hawthorne Berry as well.

    Edit: One other thing, she was pretty stressed over a paint job gone bad. So it may come down a bit.

    Thanks Rosie, you're the best.
    No worries

    Life Support is fine for her, then.

    However, that is SEVERE hypertension - she not only has severe diastolic hypertension, but systolic hypertension. For blood pressure that high I actually would recommend that she DOES get blood pressure medication, if only until it comes back down to even mild hypertension.

    Stress can cause an increase in blood pressure. So can "white coat syndrome". I recommend getting it checked again in about a week or something - if you can, on a daily basis first thing, resting for about a week, and note any fluctuations.

    If her blood pressure is really that high without another cause, then she will have to be careful when exercising - if she uses this to try and increase her fitness to decrease her blood pressure.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3532
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    65.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

    Life Support is fine for her, then.

    However, that is SEVERE hypertension - she not only has severe diastolic hypertension, but systolic hypertension. For blood pressure that high I actually would recommend that she DOES get blood pressure medication, if only until it comes back down to even mild hypertension.

    Stress can cause an increase in blood pressure. So can "white coat syndrome". I recommend getting it checked again in about a week or something - if you can, on a daily basis first thing, resting for about a week, and note any fluctuations.

    If her blood pressure is really that high without another cause, then she will have to be careful when exercising - if she uses this to try and increase her fitness to decrease her blood pressure.

    ~Rosie~
    I was going to start her off slow, with some walking in the evenings. Nothing too extreme. She is a little over weight but not too bad, maybe 15-20 lbs. She's shopping today so that may help, lol. I'll tell her to buy a monitor while she's out. Can't make a doctors appointment today, this whole damn city shuts down for Mardi Gras, but will def. do that tomorrow.

    Don't know what WCS is but I will research it shortly.

    Edit: Ok, now I know what WCS is. With a BP monitor we can make that diagnosis.
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I think you can give it a shot. Keep watching it and see a doc if it does not bring it down.
  7. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986036
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thanks for the help Rosie!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,189
    Rep Power
    493836
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Thanks for the help Rosie!
    No worries, bud
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3532
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    65.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by A_I_Sports_Nutrition View Post
    I think you can give it a shot. Keep watching it and see a doc if it does not bring it down.
    I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out.
  10. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out.
    Please do.
  11. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3532
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    65.36%

    Well, we don't know what caused the spike in blood pressure. On the way home from the doctor that very same day, I had her pick up a monitor, an expersive one, an her blood pressure has been lower than mine ever since. She hasn't even opened the bottle of Life Support. I can't say it's white coat syndrone because it was a routine OBGYN appointment.
    Taste the rainbow.
  12. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986036
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    At least everything is back to normal!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  13. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    6937
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    64.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    At least everything is back to normal!
    That is the most important thing.
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in