PHAT journey continues with an AI Piñata (more products than u can shake a stick at)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Background & Goals

Hi guys, so those of you who have been following my main log you will be familiar with my story, for those of you who aren't please feel free to catch up on http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/154168-fat-phat-my.html

I know you're might be too lazy to look, so the important piece is this; with the help of a better diet, lot's of excercise, some supplements and the people on this board, i've gone from looking like this:-

Harpoon me!.jpg

to looking like this:- (picture taken last Saturday)

Progress 28082010 004 (598x800).jpg

My goal remains to lean out, build muscle and eventually have a six pack.

I recently ran 8 week's of LG's natradol and now in PCT, and following some excellent information on other people's logs using AI products, I decided (after some discussion with the AI reps) to run the following

Post Cycle Therapy

Supp staples (fish oils, cissus, ASGT +AP, low carb protein, green tea, CLA)

Formadrol - using up what I have left should get me around 21 days, dosed as follows

week 2 - 4 a day week 3 - 3 a day

From 1st September for 30 days precisely

AI SWOLE stack (glycobol/Testopro/stoked) - dosed as directed
AI HGHPro - dosed as directed
AI Life Support - dosed as directed (and really part of my staples anyway)
DS Lean Xtreme - Cort control (as directed) 3 per day, 2am pre workout + 1, 4 hrs later BUT on double traning days i.e. TaeKwonDo and Weights, i'll be taking the second dose pre-workout and on non-training days 2 on waking and 1, 4 hrs later.

I also have an ECA stack on the way, but I have as of yet not decided whether or not I will start this during this 30 day period or wait until later

Workout Protocol

Over the next 6 weeks i'm going to be taking a volume based approach to my weight training, in that hope that lighter weights will help aid recovery, but also assist in my quest to further lean out. The routine I've choosed from my little collection is geared towards building broader shoulders, which of course as we all know is what gives a nice V shape to the body and will hopefully make me look leaner even if i am not!

I will be attempting to do each set with the same weight to failure, with the next set being 5 less than the previous set and so for 4 sets (5 if time/stamina allows). Once these become too easy, I will either up the weight or the number of reps. Starting set rep goal is 25, if i've choosen a weight that is too light I will carry on until I fail and then drop the next set by 5 - hopefully you get the picture

In addition I also do a Martial Art, TaeKwonDon(TKD), and will be doing this 4 - 5 hrs per week.

My typical schedule is Mon TKD (pm) Tues GYM (am) Wed TKD (pm) Thurs GYM (am) Fri Rest Sat Gym (am) TKD (pm) Sun Rest - work does occasionally get in the way and I have to mix it up a bit where I could be training am/pm on the same day i.e. Gym (am) and TKD (pm)

Starting Stats
(taken lunchtime 1st September, no pump - all measurements are unflexed)

Weight 186lbs
BF% 19.7% (scales) 14.99% (calipers - still not sure how good I am with this method yet)
Ankle 9.5"
Calf 16.5"
Thigh 21"
Hips 37.5"
Waist 36" (around the navel and yes this is were all the fat primarily remains)
Chest 42"
Neck 15"
Wrist 7"
Forearm 12"
Bicep 14"

Workout - Wednesday 1st September 2010

Incline Bench - 66lbs + smith bar
25/20/15/10/5

Lateral DB Raise - 15lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Incline Lat Pulldown -88lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Standing Cable Crossover - 16.5lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Back Extension - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Incline Side Bends - (done on a the Back Extension bench) 33lbs each side
25/20/15/10/5

TaeKwonDo 1h15mins & 5 mile walk

Workout - Thursday 2nd September 2010

Front Squat - 66lbs excl Smith bar
25/20/15/10/10

Leg Curl - 66lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Adducter Machine - 99lbs
40/35/30/25/20

Abducter Machine - 99lbs
40/35/30/25/20

Calf Raise - 88lbs excl Smith bar
30/25/20/15/10

Swiss Ball Jacknife
25/20/15/10/5

Swiss Ball Russian Twist - 18lb medicine ball
25/20/15/10/5

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
here my friend!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That has been some great progress you made. I didn't even start taking pictures till I was partway through on mine, as my starting point 4 years ago was so terrible

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
present sir! continue to tear it up! :hail:

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Yo!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
here my friend!!
Number 1.... you even beat the reps!!! outstanding work major...

Number 2.... hello mate, thanks for joining, I don't think i ever invited you to the original thread, so didn't want to miss you this time around!

I am in and it is you that have my damn AI pinata. You may have got my pinata but stay the heck away from my beer keg girls or you will pay dearly!!!!

love that Yellow solo cup!!

Anyway, nice of you to finally turn up, hope you're not going to claim the global time difference was an issue... where's stx? still sleeping/lurking most likely! As we speak he's probably hatching a masterplan to redirect all the HGHPro samples to his house, i'm still sure he's the one with the real pinata!

BTW i'm looking forward to more pics, i'm starting to think you may be more than a "little" obsessed with this one Pem! (and much like someone else, I need to have a very KLEEN pc, so I expect all libdio checks to come from everyone but me!)

That has been some great progress you made. I didn't even start taking pictures till I was partway through on mine, as my starting point 4 years ago was so terrible
Welcome! and congrats on your appointment!

Pics- I actually wish i'd taken more!! That one i found by accident about two weeks ago, but I have religiously been taking them since joining the board.

Believe it or not, I actually should have some in old 4x3 35mm from around 1999 - 2000 when I weighed ~ 280lbs!! I think they're in that "box" in the garage, you know the one, the one that moves from house to house BUT never gets unpacked!!! I'm sure everyone has got one of those...

present sir! continue to tear it up! :hail:
Fantastic mate, hello! Thanks for joining mate, appreciate it, hoping to continue to make some good progress here, really looking forward to this stack i've built even if only for 30days - but hey you never know, I may be inclined to extend it

legend! thanks for coming along XT, nice to have you here, I always mean to ask... what level football did you play at, i'm guessing all the way? NFL? if so what team or prefer not to say? Anyway, great to have you here bro, it's an honour and priviledge

Wow, what a great bunch so far... thanks guys. I have to say i'm feeling a little drained after the past two days, work has been manic, hence not getting my workout in on Tuesday, but then made up for it yesterday with an am / pm session and then again this morning!

Tonight i'm looking forward to some R&R, a good meal and an Epsom Salt bath...

Tomorrow is rest day (if you read my schedule :deal:) but I may try some abs work for 30mins or so in the morning at home, i'm feeling a bit like a lump of jello in the midsection which had me feeling i'd put on weight, but scales and mirror suggested otherwise yesterday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in kill it man!

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established

Number 2.... hello mate, thanks for joining, I don't think i ever invited you to the original thread, so didn't want to miss you this time around!

Anyway, nice of you to finally turn up, hope you're not going to claim the global time difference was an issue... where's stx? still sleeping/lurking most likely! As we speak he's probably hatching a masterplan to redirect all the HGHPro samples to his house, i'm still sure he's the one with the real pinata!

BTW i'm looking forward to more pics, i'm starting to think you may be more than a "little" obsessed with this one Pem! (and much like someone else, I need to have a very KLEEN pc, so I expect all libdio checks to come from everyone but me!)

Pics- I actually wish i'd taken more!! That one i found by accident about two weeks ago, but I have religiously been taking them since joining the board.

Believe it or not, I actually should have some in old 4x3 35mm from around 1999 - 2000 when I weighed ~ 280lbs!! I think they're in that "box" in the garage, you know the one, the one that moves from house to house BUT never gets unpacked!!! I'm sure everyone has got one of those...

Fantastic mate, hello! Thanks for joining mate, appreciate it, hoping to continue to make some good progress here, really looking forward to this stack i've built even if only for 30days - but hey you never know, I may be inclined to extend it

legend! thanks for coming along XT, nice to have you here, I always mean to ask... what level football did you play at, i'm guessing all the way? NFL? if so what team or prefer not to say? Anyway, great to have you here bro, it's an honour and priviledge

Wow, what a great bunch so far... thanks guys. I have to say i'm feeling a little drained after the past two days, work has been manic, hence not getting my workout in on Tuesday, but then made up for it yesterday with an am / pm session and then again this morning!

Tomorrow is rest day (if you read my schedule :deal:) but I may try some abs work for 30mins or so in the morning at home, i'm feeling a bit like a lump of jello in the midsection which had me feeling i'd put on weight, but scales and mirror suggested otherwise yesterday.
Nothing really to brag about...long story short, I had a cup of coffee on the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad in the mid-'90s. I only played basketball in high school and college, even though coaches at both levels tried to get me to play football. I even received a letter/application from the Cowboys in college, but never returned it. I was toying with the idea of playing football my senior year in college, but I let my b-ball coach talk me out of it, saying, "If you get hurt, you won't make All-American." Hindsight's always 20-20, right? LOL. But this is about YOU, bro! KILL IT! We've got your back!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Nothing really to brag about...long story short, I had a cup of coffee on the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad in the mid-'90s. I only played basketball in high school and college, even though coaches at both levels tried to get me to play football. I even received a letter/application from the Cowboys in college, but never returned it. I was toying with the idea of playing football my senior year in college, but I let my b-ball coach talk me out of it, saying, "If you get hurt, you won't make All-American." Hindsight's always 20-20, right? LOL. But this is about YOU, bro! KILL IT! We've got your back!
Too true on the hindsight being 20-20, what's worse is when you watch your kids make similar decisions/choices.... and you think NOOOOO, but we all gotta learn right, and who's to say we know best - mind boggling, still working on getting that crystal ball!!

I know you guys got my back, your combined presence here is evidence of that, thanks guys :bigok:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent progress so far! Keep it coming!

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this one too!!
Keep up the hard work man!!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Background & Goals

Hi guys, so those of you who have been following my main log you will be familiar with my story, for those of you who aren't please feel free to catch up on http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/154168-fat-phat-my.html

I know you're might be too lazy to look, so the important piece is this; with the help of a better diet, lot's of excercise, some supplements and the people on this board, i've gone from looking like this:-

View attachment 35073

to looking like this:- (picture taken last Saturday)

View attachment 35074

My goal remains to lean out, build muscle and eventually have a six pack.

I recently ran 8 week's of LG's natradol and now in PCT, and following some excellent information on other people's logs using AI products, I decided (after some discussion with the AI reps) to run the following

Post Cycle Therapy

Supp staples (fish oils, cissus, ASGT +AP, low carb protein, green tea, CLA)

Formadrol - using up what I have left should get me around 21 days, dosed as follows

week 2 - 4 a day week 3 - 3 a day

From 1st September for 30 days precisely

AI SWOLE stack (glycobol/Testopro/stoked) - dosed as directed
AI HGHPro - dosed as directed
AI Life Support - dosed as directed (and really part of my staples anyway)
DS Lean Xtreme - Cort control (as directed) 3 per day, 2am pre workout + 1, 4 hrs later BUT on double traning days i.e. TaeKwonDo and Weights, i'll be taking the second dose pre-workout and on non-training days 2 on waking and 1, 4 hrs later.

I also have an ECA stack on the way, but I have as of yet not decided whether or not I will start this during this 30 day period or wait until later

Workout Protocol

Over the next 6 weeks i'm going to be taking a volume based approach to my weight training, in that hope that lighter weights will help aid recovery, but also assist in my quest to further lean out. The routine I've choosed from my little collection is geared towards building broader shoulders, which of course as we all know is what gives a nice V shape to the body and will hopefully make me look leaner even if i am not!

I will be attempting to do each set with the same weight to failure, with the next set being 5 less than the previous set and so for 4 sets (5 if time/stamina allows). Once these become too easy, I will either up the weight or the number of reps. Starting set rep goal is 25, if i've choosen a weight that is too light I will carry on until I fail and then drop the next set by 5 - hopefully you get the picture

In addition I also do a Martial Art, TaeKwonDon(TKD), and will be doing this 4 - 5 hrs per week.

My typical schedule is Mon TKD (pm) Tues GYM (am) Wed TKD (pm) Thurs GYM (am) Fri Rest Sat Gym (am) TKD (pm) Sun Rest - work does occasionally get in the way and I have to mix it up a bit where I could be training am/pm on the same day i.e. Gym (am) and TKD (pm)

Starting Stats
(taken lunchtime 1st September, no pump - all measurements are unflexed)

Weight 186lbs
BF% 19.7% (scales) 14.99% (calipers - still not sure how good I am with this method yet)
Ankle 9.5"
Calf 16.5"
Thigh 21"
Hips 37.5"
Waist 36" (around the navel and yes this is were all the fat primarily remains)
Chest 42"
Neck 15"
Wrist 7"
Forearm 12"
Bicep 14"

Workout - Wednesday 1st September 2010

Incline Bench - 66lbs + smith bar
25/20/15/10/5

Lateral DB Raise - 15lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Incline Lat Pulldown -88lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Standing Cable Crossover - 16.5lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Back Extension - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Incline Side Bends - (done on a the Back Extension bench) 33lbs each side
25/20/15/10/5

TaeKwonDo 1h15mins & 5 mile walk

Workout - Thursday 2nd September 2010

Front Squat - 66lbs excl Smith bar
25/20/15/10/10

Leg Curl - 66lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Adducter Machine - 99lbs
40/35/30/25/20

Abducter Machine - 99lbs
40/35/30/25/20

Calf Raise - 88lbs excl Smith bar
30/25/20/15/10

Swiss Ball Jacknife
25/20/15/10/5

Swiss Ball Russian Twist - 18lb medicine ball
25/20/15/10/5

Use calipers and you can down 10-12 lbs (water and fat) in two weeks with Atkins Diet simply and easy.

and congrats man NICE job!:bigok:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, you should do well on this stack... stick to your guns...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Probably hatching a plan with you to move in on my beer keg girls. I warn you don't do it LOL.:)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok since we are making pinata jokes, and I was talking about not having many "fat" me pictures, i'll share one

Attachments

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey gwls,

Nice change!

do you mind if I give you constructive criticism if I see anything I think may give better results?

Looking forward to seeing your results!

what is your diet like, are you counting P, CHO, and F, and total calories?

I don't mean counting little stuff that does not matter like the protein in beans, or veggies, and too many little details, I find it is just not worth it, I used to count just about everything, changed my point of view though

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tremendous stack! Cant wait!!

IM subbed!

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
I saw the bat signal and am IN... I am very interested in this as we both just came off Natadrol and are in the middle of Formadrol.

I have toyed with the idea of the Trifecta but am leaning more towards staying "natural" and the Swole stake can had my interest for some time!!!!

Keep pushing your boundries, reaching and setting new goals! BEAST!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I subbed yesterday before going to sleep (I'm stuck on the midnight shift right now) and just came back to check things out.

:sombrero:...there's no HGHpro pinata. It was a TestoPRO pinata! :lol:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In with a grin!! :biglaugh:
Happy to be here and looking forward to witnessing more incredible improvements to your musculature.

You have made a tremendous transformation with your physique already. And the best is yet to come.......:veryhappy:

Give this cycle what for ol' chum!!!:head:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok since we are making pinata jokes, and I was talking about not having many "fat" me pictures, i'll share one
Which one are you :stooges:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Welcome everyone!!!​

Wow great support, I feel pumped by your presence and kind words, really looking forward to tomorrow's two workouts to see if I can tell any noticable difference in either of them. It's "arms" day tomorrow morning and then a small hike to TKD training and then home. Don't know what the missus has planned but I will try and update sometime tomorrow night, but failing that Sunday!!

Been a shattering week at work, i've just finished for today but had another day of no breaks and working through lunch (love it when people think that "free" hour in the middle of diary means i'm available for yet another audio conference!) - hoping for some quality time with the family tonight, since it feels like i've been away even though I haven't, if you know what I mean!

Some initial comments on the stack

Agression - only a couple of days, but I think agression is definitely up and I will need to keep this in check (particularly at TKD, i've already had the are on gear question a few times over the past few months due to the ongoing physical changes and teenage acne outbreaks),

Sleep & recovery - I had a GREAT nights sleep last night and i'm pretty sure my shoulder feels better, also DOMS is minimal, yet I had thought that am/pm/am workout this week would have had me walking like a cowboy!

Libido - is HUGE, I have issued the "co-pilot" (in EMARTIN terminology) with a formal advance warning of increased flightplans being logged :32: she says she doesn't think that's possible and not sure if she will recognise the difference.... I beg to differ :shocked1:

So now for some more personal responses....

Excellent progress so far! Keep it coming!
Thanks mate, i know you've seen it all before in the other log, but it's really motivating to put them side by side and just keep reminding myself of how far i've come so far..

I'm in on this one too!!
Keep up the hard work man!!
Thanks bro, don't worry I will, there's a six pack on my christmas list and I plan to have it! nice to have you here!

LG33 thanks mate, and to all the LG crew, you know how far we've come and i'm glad that you're all still supporting the log even though this is an AI log.. respect guys, how many boards can say that all their company reps all support one another and get onboard to support the minions like me, no whose products they are running :bigok:

Use calipers and you can down 10-12 lbs (water and fat) in two weeks with Atkins Diet simply and easy.

and congrats man NICE job!:bigok:
Thanks Max! cutting 10-12lbs sounds great, interestingly I have got an Atkins book and whilst I use it for reference in trying to re-educate my carb control, I haven't been following it religiously i.e. as a proper diet. Following a particular diet is hard when you have a family, but I may have a plan and if it works we'll all be losing weight in the household.

Calipers, yep i've got some and I guess it involves some practive, going to persevere on them, which is why I did both.

Hey, you should do well on this stack... stick to your guns...
Thanks mate, and I see my post on your log and your post on mine must have crossed over... i have a list of who I think i've PM'd now, but rapidly losing track LOL oh welll, so glad you came along

Cheers mate, good to have you here, no AT2 this time, but I did run it for 8 weeks so probably best if I give it a rest for a few weeks! but as you can see, there may be some ECA action on the horizon!!

Probably hatching a plan with you to move in on my beer keg girls. I warn you don't do it LOL.:)
yep plan underway, you'll never know what hit you!

nice pic mate, I hadn't realised there was a festival, what the hell do you do at a pinata festival?

Hey gwls,

Nice change!

do you mind if I give you constructive criticism if I see anything I think may give better results?

Looking forward to seeing your results!

what is your diet like, are you counting P, CHO, and F, and total calories?

I don't mean counting little stuff that does not matter like the protein in beans, or veggies, and too many little details, I find it is just not worth it, I used to count just about everything, changed my point of view though
JS, feel free to criticise away mate, i've got thick skin, been fat, been nerdy, so i'm pretty comfortable with criticism, especially when it's for my benefit.

Nail on head John, my diet could be better, I know it! No I don't count, I know the principles of what I should be doing and I try to adhere to them as close as possible, without becoming obsessive about counting... i did that once before in my life, lost like 50lbs+ BUT because I hadn't truly re-educated myself in the way that I ate, I put 50% of it back on (as you can see from the pics). My theory being, I like food and I like how it tastes, when I was counting, i counted, stuck to the rules and lost weight... then i stopped counting, then I didn't really follow any rules and i gained weight. This time I have been following no specific diets or counting but keeping protein high, carbs low and complex and making sure I eat good fats.

However today I started a food diary after reading your post (and Max's) this morning (weekends ARE not a good time to start this with the family BUT i'm going to be honest and do it anyway) - so we shall soon know how bad my diet is or isn't and what changes need to be urgently made!! This week my frequency of eating has been terrible due to work committments, but i'll plan better next week.

see you've forced me to look at myself already and you haven't even started criticising me!!!:veryhappy:

Tremendous stack! Cant wait!!

IM subbed!
thanks bro and thanks for coming along, much appreciated

my friend dragon! good to have you here mate, nice one!!

I saw the bat signal and am IN... I am very interested in this as we both just came off Natadrol and are in the middle of Formadrol.

I have toyed with the idea of the Trifecta but am leaning more towards staying "natural" and the Swole stake can had my interest for some time!!!!

Keep pushing your boundries, reaching and setting new goals! BEAST!
LOL, thought you might be interested in this, don't forget I did do trifecta already, but admittedly I think i didn't run it for long enough... I guess that's why i am keeping an open mind about the duration of this stack, since I may extend it out for max results! - good to have you here!

I subbed yesterday before going to sleep (I'm stuck on the midnight shift right now) and just came back to check things out.

:sombrero:...there's no HGHpro pinata. It was a TestoPRO pinata! :lol:
there could be an HGHPro pinata if you got off your butt and sorted out redirection of all the samples that are about to be sent out!!

Which one are you :stooges:
LMFAO, you know what I read your post before i started typing all my responses and then just couldn't really think of anything to say when responding to Easy's OP!!! too funny mate, good one...

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I believe my friends that this has all the making of a stellar log! feel free to go off topic, post pics, have a laugh, share funny stories and oh yes, occassionally i'll review the products and do my bit too!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice I always find it interesting that many guys have two options and when loking back often think they should have opted for the other.
Too true on the hindsight being 20-20, what's worse is when you watch your kids make similar decisions/choices.... and you think NOOOOO, but we all gotta learn right, and who's to say we know best - mind boggling, still working on getting that crystal ball!!

I know you guys got my back, your combined presence here is evidence of that, thanks guys :bigok:
You know as many bad decisions I made in the past they made me into a guy that I am proud to be. So regardless of the "what if's", when it is all said and done the "What is" is what life is all about. It isn't about what could be or could have been, just "What is" because that is all you know for sure that you have. Enjoy what you have and work now to change what you don't like or learn to accept it and move on. That is the key to happiness for me.

I believe my friends that this has all the making of a stellar log! feel free to go off topic, post pics, have a laugh, share funny stories and oh yes, occassionally i'll review the products and do my bit too!!
Yes it definitely does, and you have a killer stack there too. Just keep on smashing it and you will achieve your goals.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice pic mate, I hadn't realised there was a festival, what the hell do you do at a pinata festival?
That was actually the launch party for the game Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360. I have 2 real pinatas of the horse that I scored there. Its a fun game, my kids still play it almost 5 years later. It was one of the launch titles. I happened to be in LA for work the day they held that on Santa Monica Pier.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Nice I always find it interesting that many guys have two options and when loking back often think they should have opted for the other.
You know as many bad decisions I made in the past they made me into a guy that I am proud to be. So regardless of the "what if's", when it is all said and done the "What is" is what life is all about. It isn't about what could be or could have been, just "What is" because that is all you know for sure that you have. Enjoy what you have and work now to change what you don't like or learn to accept it and move on. That is the key to happiness for me.

Yes it definitely does, and you have a killer stack there too. Just keep on smashing it and you will achieve your goals.
Too true mate, I often reflect on the hardships of my for my family during my childhood BUT I completely know that it has made me completely what I am and the belief in making one's own path in life - choose life don't wait for it to choose you. So many things are mind over matter, it's amazing what can be accomplished if you really set out to achieve something, and that goes for everything AND of course thanks for your encouragement, i'd made no secret of how much I admire your accomplishments and work ethic, so your confidence in me means a lot :box::box::box:

That was actually the launch party for the game Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360. I have 2 real pinatas of the horse that I scored there. Its a fun game, my kids still play it almost 5 years later. It was one of the launch titles. I happened to be in LA for work the day they held that on Santa Monica Pier.
Hell i'm going to have to find that game now just to play it!!! very cool, we have every console known to man in this house, just eagerly awaiting the launch of "UFC Trainer", really excited to see what it's like although i'm gonna wait for the reviews once launched in the new year to see what platform it works best on i.e. PS Move / Xbox Kinetic / Wii, since my feeling on the Wii whilst a laugh is that it doesn't quite sense my motions quick enough in fighting games, and with the TKD training I find it hard to slow the handspeed down and exagerate the moments enough to the right level for the console.
LOVE games, but alas i don't get as much time to play them anymore, although every we couple of weeks we try to have a games night (21st century style) with the family, it's quite a laugh but you really need to leave egos and self consciousness at the door. Nothing like seeing 180lb male play Wii's just dance, certainly not coming to YouTube anytime soon!!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update

Saturday 4th September 2010

Well, the HGH is definitely working another night of sleeping like a baby, unfortunately I think the stress of the week brought about a headache yesterday evening, so I cancelled the flightplan with the "co-pilot" and she got the night off, she won't be soo lucky tonight!

Got a solid 7hrs, and meant to get up but somehow drifted back off to neverland and ended up late, out of bed by 8h15 and the dog had to take a rain check on his walk so that I didn't impact on my training schedule.

I have to say was very agitated with myself about this and left for the gym feeling a little flat BUT about half way there I think the AI ****tail kicked in and new I was going to have the necessary focus once I got there!! I must tell you now that I have run out of ASGT at the moment, so it could only be the AI stack kicking in with a pre-workout protein shake, since there wasn't anything else that could have "switched" me on - really liking this so far

So the workouts then, bear in mind that the weights are very light but I am trying very hard for good form, max volume to failure and moderate tempo to complete each rep

Dumbbell Bench - 31lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Alternating Twisting Dumbbell Curl - 18lbs (dropped the weight by 4lbs since last week to improve form, particularly on the high rep sets in a an attempt to remove the temptation to use momentum for the lift, but increased the volume)

30/25/20/15/10/5 each side

I cannot even begin to tell you the burn I had by this point, and sweat was of the charts, hardly surprising given what I am training in, clothes wise, at the moment (vibrams, shorts, ok no biggy, 3mm Neoprene compression belt for the rib/back injury as a bit of support, 3mm Neoprene wetsuit vest to help capture and provide a little extra heat, L/S north face baselayer fleece & a nikefit storm running jacket just to keep everything boiling away)

Standing Barbell behind Neck Press - 44lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Bench Dips
30/25/20/15/10/5

Decline close-grip bench press (using the 33lb plate)
30/25/20/15/10

Decline overhead tricep extension (keeping the plane of the body nice and straight and really letting the core engage as the plate just hovers an inch off the floor)

25/20/15/10/5

Decline ab crunch (using a 33lb plate) - sod the drop reps... i wanna six pack!

25/25/25/25/25

it's fair to say, I was grinning like a cheshire cat by the time I left the gym

BUT

no rest for the weak, so took my butt to TaeKwonDo

The instructer's co-pilot must must have let him log a flightplan last night or this morning, 'cos he was on fire today...

Started with a gentle warm up... not!! Lot's of foot work moves, knees up, heals up, bouncing on the spot, bouncing switch stances (southpaw to orthodox repeatedly), jumping jacks and then jumping jacks with punches, about 15mins no rest - then stretching for about 10mins - form patterns one move at a time, to his count perfect form and explosive power on each move or drop and give him 10 on the knuckles - and we did twenty patterns! by this time we're all f**ked and thinking wow at least it's time for the lesson to end, BUT no...

he decided that the black belts hadn't been working hard enough, so he made everyone pair up with a partner one side of the dojang and do the following - while one of the pair sprint across the dojang and then starting doing an appropriate pattern for their grade, the "partner" at the other end of the dojang did knuckle pressups, and had to continue those until the partner doing the pattern had finished and sprinted back... then that person had to sprint across the dojang and do their pattern while the first partner did the pressups... this want on for a while, on the following rotation pressups, followed by sit ups, followed by squat thrusts, followed by burpees, followed by jumping jacks.

Yes my friends it was 1.5hrs of pure brutality, i wonder what monday's 2hrs will be like?!?

So that's it for today folks, i'm tired but really feel like i'd had an immense workout today, time for some chillin' with the family

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Our "big" family game is rockband. Have it for the 360, even have the Ion drumset for it :D

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout bud

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gwls's whatever works for you. I am a believer in counting calories all year long, losing body fat, or gaining muscle with a little bit added body fat. I just think I can control my results much better by knowing my body and how it responds.

I think of what bodybuilders do to their body, as to what hackers due to computers.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Gwls's whatever works for you. I am a believer in counting calories all year long, losing body fat, or gaining muscle with a little bit added body fat. I just think I can control my results much better by knowing my body and how it responds.

I think of what bodybuilders do to their body, as to what hackers due to computers.
Totally agree John, and I think my more relaxed approach (not that the family would agree) has really paid dividends BUT I am starting to feel like progress has slowed and I'm not sure what more training effort I can put in... Combine that with knowing that my diet could be further improved and it seems the logical next step. If nothing else but to have a clearer picture of where I am against maintenance kcals and my CHO intake

Keep it coming John!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CHO (carbohydrates) are very important for adding muscle(and some fat will come with that)

and lowing them, and especially fat for,reducing body fat. That is how I like to do things currently.Protein generally needs to be raised while losing body fat. Its very individual though, some people like to keep protein at a gream , some 1.5 grams some 1.2, 1.4 etcccc

I have tried the moderate fat, zero carb,low carb I could not train hard on the zero and extremely low carb. My log entails my nutrition

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drunk subbing the sh*T outta this haha...

Gwls it is clear to all that your dedication to bodybuilding is on the higher scale of things. Your progress is amazing, and I will follow as it gets even better. That six pac isn't too far away from here on in ;) just keep up the good work as you have and soon those pacs will be bursting outta your stomach. I love logs with pictures. Thank you for the contribution. Good luck in everything. And officially IN :)

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havnt read through your whole log. But do you incorporate HIIT for cardio. It may be the edge your looking for. Great progress man. There a few of on on here that are going through some crazy transformations. Just keep on trucking man!!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Drunk subbing the sh*T outta this haha...

Gwls it is clear to all that your dedication to bodybuilding is on the higher scale of things. Your progress is amazing, and I will follow as it gets even better. That six pac isn't too far away from here on in ;) just keep up the good work as you have and soon those pacs will be bursting outta your stomach. I love logs with pictures. Thank you for the contribution. Good luck in everything. And officially IN :)
thanks mate, good to have you along!! I envy you even being able to drink, since I started this journey i've lost more and more desire for the stuff, I have a couple of beers now and i'm man down...

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I havnt read through your whole log. But do you incorporate HIIT for cardio. It may be the edge your looking for. Great progress man. There a few of on on here that are going through some crazy transformations. Just keep on trucking man!!!
thanks bro, no formal HIIT, something I have been considering though... the TaeKwonDo has a definite HIIT element to it, if you read my last two workout logs on the subject!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Update and some questions...

Workout – Monday 6th September 2010

Alright guys, brisk 2 mile walk to TaeKwonDo, just to get things moving in advance of training. I now believe the increased intensity of TKD at the moment could be down to a few factors a) a lot of people have taken the summer off training and he is pushing hard to get everyone back to a good level b) we have some of our Dojang competing in the world champs this coming weekend, so he's making ensure that they are pushed to their limits c) I am more unfit than I realised!!

Okay I think it's really a combination of a) and b) BUT I would say he's definitely pushing the boundary line of my fitness level AND I am sweating like ze phat peeg, I don't know which one of the supps is driving this increased sweat fest, but I suspect it's a combination of the Lean Xtreme and the Green Tea Extract that I am taking pre-workouts

I do two back to back 1 hour classes on a Monday, and the first hour was pretty much a repeat of Saturday's training so I won't bother repeating myself, we did exactly the same workout, same intensity MINUS the partner relay bit at the end, we overran the first lesson by 5 mins and if i'm honest I considered “throwing in the proverbial towel” and going home... BUT that's not what we do now is it?

So I stayed, even though I was exhausted and aching all over, got a drink of water and just focused myself. The next hour began with the dreaded partner relay as a warm up exercise... so oh joy we didn't miss it! Form patterns next, (oh how I love repetition, but at least I should be well ready for the practical aspect of my exam in three weeks time) but at least it wasn't one move at a time in this lesson. Once completed, it was sparring kit on for some contact. I ended up in the “stationary” line, i.e. two parallel lines of fighters down the centre of the Dojang, one line moves after each round and one remains stationary, the moving line has an extra fighter, so in effect each person in the moving line gets at least a two minute break every now and then... the stationary line aren't soo lucky, we just fight a different person every two minutes until he's had enough. It's quite daunting when three of the people you have to fight at my lowly grade are going to the world champs this weekend, I held my own, but I think I think it's fair to say I got my a$$ kicked on more than three occasions

So after my 2 hrs session turning into an almost 2.5hrs session, it was over and I took a less than brisk walk home, tired, aching and sore but with a huge :D on my face

For those who haven't seen it yet, this is the form pattern I will have to perform in a few weeks time to get my next belt (although there is a theory exam as well which I also need to pass :deal:)

Workout – 7th September 2010

Well after last nights perseverance over pain session, I did expect to wake feeling like I had been run over by a train, but surprisingly, felt pretty good, I reckon the HGHPro is really starting to work it's magic for sure... by the time I got to bed last night, I couldn't actually sleep more than 6 hrs (less than ideal I know) but didn't feel it!!

Pre-workout shake, SWOLE stack, LX and went to gym...

Dumbbell Flye – 26lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Machine Reverse Flye - 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Incline Dumbbell Press – 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Low Cable Face Pull - 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Reverse Seated Crunch
20/20/20/20/20

Decline Ab Crunch
20/20/20/20/20

Overall, everything burned, and I feel like a complete and utter wimp due to the amount of weight actually being moved, but I am absolutely smoked at the end of each and every set – I have to keep reminding myself that this 6 – 8 weeks ISN't about the weight!

Supps are still treating me well, and I think i'm starting to see some visual changes, but it could all be in my head, so i'm going to hold back from taking any progress pics until at least next week, i.e. the two week point. I will also take some interim measurements then as well.

Questions &/or Opinions

WRT to the supps specifically, I have now received the missing ingredient for my ECA stack, which of course was the “E” element, so that is ready and waiting. To be honest i'm wondering if I just let this 30days run it's course before adding this in? What do you guys think? I'm already sweating loads whenever I workout, ECA could be overkill at this point... views welcomed.

Also I seem to be getting on so well without the ASGT, that I think i'm going to go without for a while. I do think am lacking a little in energy/enthusiasm in advance of training at the moment, but i'm not sure I'd benefit once there per se, since everything else seems to be working so well, again views welcome!

And finally, I do think I'm going to extend the run on this, i've got plenty time to order another stack, so no final decision yet BUT I think it's very likely i'll run a full 8 weeks – some changes might be, drop the LX and add in ERASE (if Natty gets more stock into NP in time, since I missed the sale) for Cort Control and ECA for energy/fat burn/ weight loss AND possibly stay off the ASGT (and LG AP when it runs out) and maybe add in DAA in the form of E-Pharms TestForce - thoughts?

and a pic for Pem courtesy of Ed

If i'm boring anyone, let me know and i'll stop rambling as much :D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the good work Gwls

I think eight weeks is where Testopro is best of course any supplements eight weeks is better than four. It is recommended to take off a month usually every eight to twelve weeks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not boring anyone brother. Great log, and man that is a beautiful picture. Not just sexy beautiful! Nom Nom Nom... ASGT is slightly hormonal in nature so I think taking off of it every once in a while is a good thing. I am currently off of mine and won't reintroduce it until I am in PCT. Your training in class sounds like the instructor is definitely trying to condition the guys for the upcoming competition. I often wonder why I don't see trainers using something like that conditioning program he has you all doing to get the fighter's gassed and then using a recording of a very loud crowd blairing over the speakers and send fresh guys in to attack the fighter while he is barely able to distinguish his coaches commands in all the noise. I think that is one of the biggest downfalls for a fighter. Not being trained to hear the corner in a very loud and overbearing surrounding.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Present and correct

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Still progressing bro! that's what it's about!

Maybe late, but I'm in.