Glycobol FAQ

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Rep Power
    11678

    Glycobol FAQ


    Glycobol FAQ


    Q. What is Glycobol?
    A. Glycobol is what we call an insulin potentiator. It works synergistically with your own insulin, to shuttle carbs and nutrients to your muscles, and away from fat.

    Q. How does it accomplish this?

    A. Through a combination of several insulin potentiator ingredients.

    Q. What are these ingredients?
    A. Na-RALA, Trigonella seed isolate, Phellodendron extract, Cinnamon bark extract, and BMOV.

    Q. Can you break down those ingredients?
    A. Sure.
    Na-RALA; is naturally produced in the body as a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor. It is important to aerobic metabolism. ALA has been suggested to increase cellular uptake of glucose to cell membranes by recruiting the glucose transporter GLUT4. ALA improves skeletal muscle glucose transport, resulting in desirable blood glucose disposal and increased muscle glycogen concentrations. Studies also suggest that in muscle, ALA is a potent anti-oxidant which protects cells from oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. The ALA used in this formula is chemically stabilized and of the highest quality. It's one of the most active isomers and one of the highest potency salts commercially available. ALA is an invaluable addition that offers a multitude of benefits plus countless extras for any serious athlete.
    Trigonella Seed Isolate; Fenugreek has been successfully applied for thousands of years to support health. Modern research suggests that it supports endurance and lowers blood lactate concentrations dramatically. Use of fenugreek seed may also help decrease fat accumulation. These results suggest that this improvement in endurance and reduction in body fat is caused by an increase in the utilization of fatty acids as an energy source. Fenugreek supplements high in 4-HIL have also been demonstrated to increase post-exercise glycogen resynthesis in athletes, which promotes rapid recovery and helps reduce training fatigue. The visible results of this glycogenic effect are big, pumped muscles that look extremely full and vascular.
    Phellodendron extract; Phellodendron is one of the highly valued traditional Chinese herbs. It is reported that some subjects show improved strength in response to Phellodendron isolates. Laboratory studies suggest that one of these alkaloidal isolates called berberine may accomplish these benefits by enhancing insulin production. Improved health and increased physical performance translates into greater strength and muscle gains in the gym.
    Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids); Cinnamon is a common spice used all over the world, but it's not commonly known that the spice has significant therapeutic value. Cinnamon contains the element chromium, which is needed for proper glucose metabolism, and also compounds called flavonoids. Flavinoids are potent anti-oxidants. The specific flavonoids found in cinnamon bark suggest to stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis similar to insulin. These flavonoids may activate receptors by direct insulin mimicking action, or indirect insulin potentiation, or both. (7) If you train consistently and have a healthy diet, your big muscular improvements from this powerful little cinnamon extract might surprise you.
    Bis(Maltolato)Oxovanadium (BMOV); BMOV is an organic form of the mineral vanadium. Although elemental vanadium and inorganic salts of vanadium show significant biological potential, it has a poor therapeutic index due to low gastrointestinal absorbance. BMOV is recognized as safer, more absorbable, and able to deliver a therapeutic effect up to 50% greater than the inorganic forms. (9) Vanadium is one of the rare microelements that can promote a profound boost in endurance and strongly support anabolism. BMOV can give muscles a hardness like you have never experience before. The form of vanadium used in this formula is one of the very best you can find, if not the best.

    Q. How should I dose this?
    A. 2 servings per day. One serving is 2 pills.

    Q. Do I need to take this with food?
    A. We suggest you take this 15-30 minutes BEFORE a meal containing at least 50 grams of carbohydrates.

    Q. I have heard that taking insulin potentiators help with creatine uptake. Is that true?
    A. Yes it is.

    Q. How long can I take this?
    A. This can also be considered a general health supplement, on top of being a great supplement for building muscle and losing fat. Because of its make-up, being a potent antioxidant and health promoting supplement, it can be used for extended periods of time.

  2. Registered User
    Legacykid's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    10346

    can you take this with whey? or shall the whey wait 15-30mins
  3. Registered User
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    land of the boring
    Posts
    5,399
    Rep Power
    489895

    Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    can you take this with whey? or shall the whey wait 15-30mins
    you can but I would take after 20 NOT 15 minutes, it takes a pill 20 minutes to be dissolved in the stomach by pancreatic juices and salivary amalayse.
    doing my own thang!
    •   
       

  4. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    you can but I would take after 20 NOT 15 minutes, it takes a pill 20 minutes to be dissolved in the stomach by pancreatic juices and salivary amalayse.
    Agreed.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Registered User
    JBerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    380

    What about taking it before and/or after workout?
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by JBerto View Post
    What about taking it before and/or after workout?
    We suggest taking it before carb meals. I would start that way see how well you tolerate it and then you can vary dosing times. Many people dose Glycobol different but I suggest starting as directed and slowly build up to max dose and varying dose times.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  7. Registered User
    JBerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    380

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    We suggest taking it before carb meals. I would start that way see how well you tolerate it and then you can vary dosing times. Many people dose Glycobol different but I suggest starting as directed and slowly build up to max dose and varying dose times.
    Thanks. The problem is that i train at 14:00h, just before my main meal (at 15:10h). Do you know if it would be any problem if i take my glycobol just when I end my workout (15 minutes before my main meal)?
  8. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by JBerto View Post
    Thanks. The problem is that i train at 14:00h, just before my main meal (at 15:10h). Do you know if it would be any problem if i take my glycobol just when I end my workout (15 minutes before my main meal)?
    Should not be a problem but start off at 1 cap for a few days if you tolerate it ok then go to 2 caps. Good luck bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  9. Registered User
    iceplaya18's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HAWAII & MISSISSIPPI
    Age
    25
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    i was wondering what are the best carbs to take with glycobol ? i was thinkin of usin it for a bulk .
  10. Registered User
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    land of the boring
    Posts
    5,399
    Rep Power
    489895

    Quote Originally Posted by iceplaya18 View Post
    i was wondering what are the best carbs to take with glycobol ? i was thinkin of usin it for a bulk .
    COMPLEX carbs bro!
    doing my own thang!
  11. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by iceplaya18 View Post
    i was wondering what are the best carbs to take with glycobol ? i was thinkin of usin it for a bulk .
    Agree with Andrew complex carbs.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  12. Registered User
    iceplaya18's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HAWAII & MISSISSIPPI
    Age
    25
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    alright man complex carbs it is ! thanks guys ! . i was also wondering how long may i run glycobol ? .
  13. Registered User
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    land of the boring
    Posts
    5,399
    Rep Power
    489895

    Quote Originally Posted by iceplaya18 View Post
    alright man complex carbs it is ! thanks guys ! . i was also wondering how long may i run glycobol ? .
    I would not run it more than 8 weeks due to the phellendron, causes stress to the pancreas.
    doing my own thang!
  14. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Agreed 8 weeks with a 4 week break after. I on the other hand have found no info about it causing pancreas stress.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  15. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Benefits/applicability of taking it with a PH cycle? Better to use during cycle/PCT/or standalone afterwards?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  16. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Benefits/applicability of taking it with a PH cycle? Better to use during cycle/PCT/or standalone afterwards?
    It can be run either way. Most run it as a standalone or part of a stack after the cycle but has been used on cycle for it's Nutrient partitioning.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  17. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    It can be run either way. Most run it as a standalone or part of a stack after the cycle but has been used on cycle for it's Nutrient partitioning.
    I was wondering if it would be better on cycle. I will be picking up a bottle soon and am planning on running it with TT-33 and Lean Xtreme in a couple months or so.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  18. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I was wondering if it would be better on cycle. I will be picking up a bottle soon and am planning on running it with TT-33 and Lean Xtreme in a couple months or so.
    I do not think it is better or worse. It will help on cycle because of the Nutrient partitioning and. But running it with TT-33 and LX would make one heck of a natural recomp stack.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  19. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I do not think it is better or worse. It will help on cycle because of the Nutrient partitioning and. But running it with TT-33 and LX would make one heck of a natural recomp stack.
    Cool, thanks! I'll just keep it for my natty recomp then!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  20. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Cool, thanks! I'll just keep it for my natty recomp then!
    Good luck bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  21. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Good luck bro.
    Thanks bro...I'll try them all out after my current cycle.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  22. Registered User
    niwix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    96

    Hi i bought glycobol
    mostly for cheat meal ( 2-3 caps ) and carb loading phase ( 4-6 caps ed on those days )

    but
    i`ve got some carbs in my breakfest ( 50 g rolled oats = ~30 gr carbs )
    and i`ve got few carbs post workout ( 25 g waxy maize )

    go with full 2 caps twice daily
    or stay on 2*1 cap
  23. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by niwix View Post
    Hi i bought glycobol
    mostly for cheat meal ( 2-3 caps ) and carb loading phase ( 4-6 caps ed on those days )

    but
    i`ve got some carbs in my breakfest ( 50 g rolled oats = ~30 gr carbs )
    and i`ve got few carbs post workout ( 25 g waxy maize )

    go with full 2 caps twice daily
    or stay on 2*1 cap
    I would start with 1 cap twice a day for a few days then if you tolerate it well you can go to 2 caps. I would not advise 6 caps.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  24. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I would start with 1 cap twice a day for a few days then if you tolerate it well you can go to 2 caps. I would not advise 6 caps.
    I agree here but after you assess your tolerance you body can handle the higher dosing on you cheat meal days

    i beilieve i posted a protocol on this a little earlier today
  25. Registered User
    niwix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    96

    2 caps to the oatmeal
    1 cap post wo

    3 caps pre cheat meal
    1 caps between portions

    300 gr of carbs pumped into the muscles
    awesome product.
  26. Registered User
    JBerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    380

    Question Glycobols and Simplex carbs


    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    COMPLEX carbs bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Agree with Andrew complex carbs.
    OK, but what would be the effect if you take Glycobol with SIMPLEX carbs?
  27. Registered User
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    land of the boring
    Posts
    5,399
    Rep Power
    489895

    Quote Originally Posted by JBerto View Post
    OK, but what would be the effect if you take Glycobol with SIMPLEX carbs?
    It would decrease the benefit of enhanced insulin sensitivity and less carbs will be be protected when using simple carbs.
    doing my own thang!
  28. Registered User
    Quinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    425

    Currently 4 weeks out and considering this to help with with fat loss. Other then my re feed every 3 days; the most carbs I get is in the morning and consists of 1/2 cup of blueberries. Would it be worth taking or should I wait to use this when I'm taking in more carbs, perhaps the finale week?

    thanks!
  29. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Currently 4 weeks out and considering this to help with with fat loss. Other then my re feed every 3 days; the most carbs I get is in the morning and consists of 1/2 cup of blueberries. Would it be worth taking or should I wait to use this when I'm taking in more carbs, perhaps the finale week?

    thanks!
    IMO I would wait till I could get closer to 50mg of carbs.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  30. Registered User
    darthdarek84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    175

    Hey what if I'm using Glycobol in my PH PCT to keep increased appetite and gains?
    Whould I be better off doing 4 caps split individually b4 4 larger meals or still btter with reg directions? I'm trying to get all my meals to have 60+ g of complex carbs and I try to have 6 a day.
    Your input please.
  31. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdarek84 View Post
    Hey what if I'm using Glycobol in my PH PCT to keep increased appetite and gains?
    Whould I be better off doing 4 caps split individually b4 4 larger meals or still btter with reg directions? I'm trying to get all my meals to have 60+ g of complex carbs and I try to have 6 a day.
    Your input please.
    I would stick with the twice a day dosing.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  32. Registered User
    darthdarek84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    175

    K thx. I must say tho. I did the 4 cap split yesterday and I felt hungry all day long.
    I'll give your directions a try and we'll see how it goes.
    Thx for quick reply.
  33. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdarek84 View Post
    K thx. I must say tho. I did the 4 cap split yesterday and I felt hungry all day long.
    I'll give your directions a try and we'll see how it goes.
    Thx for quick reply.
    Anytime bro. Let us know how you make out.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  34. Board Supporter
    hypo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    421

    Should fat be avoided in the meals following taking Gylcobol? Just complex carbs and protein?
  35. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by hypo View Post
    Should fat be avoided in the meals following taking Gylcobol? Just complex carbs and protein?
    I would at least limit the fat.
  36. Registered User
    darthdarek84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    175

    I dunno about that. I usually do almond butter with my pre-glycobol meals and it seems to make it even better. If anything, you can lower some fat if you want w/o glycobol meals. This way might work even better for you. I mean, glycobol is suppose to increase bile output, so that makes fat easier to digest. This is what I basedoff my conclusion and as previously said it works well for me.
  37. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by darthdarek84 View Post
    I dunno about that. I usually do almond butter with my pre-glycobol meals and it seems to make it even better. If anything, you can lower some fat if you want w/o glycobol meals. This way might work even better for you. I mean, glycobol is suppose to increase bile output, so that makes fat easier to digest. This is what I basedoff my conclusion and as previously said it works well for me.
    For you that may work perfectly fine but I know alot of people that seem to get the gastric side effects if they take in too much fat. Glycobol seems vary widely in how to take it more so than most supps.
  38. Registered User
    darthdarek84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    175

    I think it depends on fat more so. If you do saturated it's gonna be hard to break it down. Unsaturated or monounsaturated is a lot easier to break down. Increase in bile salts should help most people digest a decent amount of fat. I'm not talking huge amounts, just some. Hey, it does vary in people too tho. You won't know until you try it.
  39. Registered User
    HaroutA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    24
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    79

    Glycobol be good with Erase, Pink Magic stack?? To gain mass?
  40. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Rep Power
    6935

    Quote Originally Posted by HaroutA View Post
    Glycobol be good with Erase, Pink Magic stack?? To gain mass?
    With a bulking diet it would work very well with either PM or Erase.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. GLYCOBOL Q&A
    By crazyfool405 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
  2. Glycobol
    By mason1014 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
  3. Looking to buy Glycobol...
    By Aviad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM
  4. glycobol/DCP and...
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in