1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.61%

Wanna use GLYCOBOL but confused

I feel like im stuck here guys.
    I wanna use GLYCOBL but im confused as to how apply an Insulin mimicker to a low carb (sometimes very low >30 grams a day, with 1 carb up a week) cutting phase.
    Please help me and explain the science behind it.

Also I have a bottle of Stoked, how would you stack the two? (timing doses)

Thanks so much

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    I feel like im stuck here guys.
    I wanna use GLYCOBL but im confused as to how apply an Insulin mimicker to a low carb (sometimes very low >30 grams a day, with 1 carb up a week) cutting phase.
    Please help me and explain the science behind it.

Also I have a bottle of Stoked, how would you stack the two? (timing doses)

Thanks so much
    Well here comes the dosing, dose both at the same time 25-30 minutes prior to each meal. Glycobol 1-2 and stoked 1-2 at a time.
    The big factor that one may realize is that glycobol is a nutrient partritioner which means it feeds your muscle and blocks glucose from storing in ones adipose tissue through GLUT-4 translocation. Carbs allow for glycogen build-up, a couple of the ingredients in glycobol allow for one to maximize their glycogen storage as well as glycogen resynthesis through glycongenious. What makes glycbol special is if one takes in less than 35g of carbs after dosing glycobol, its very probable and likely to stay in ketosis. BMOV is great stuff, it allows ones muscle to stay pumped, its half life is about 24 hours, so its very easy to feel hard all day. This is another reason why Stoked and glycobol stack well, icarrin which is found in Stoked; is a PDE-5 blocker, so it allows for better blood flow and nitric oxide production. Thus allowing for MORE pumps and vascularity. Nutrient partritioners allow one to keep a better lipid profile, glycobol contains Na-R-ALA; which time after time has been proven to be a potent anti-oxidant; 21 times more bio-available than ALA. Pm me, if you want more.
    doing my own thang!
  3. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I usually just take 2 caps in the AM and 2 caps PM with the Stoked. As for the Glycobol we are finding out that everyone is different and people find a best way for them by experimenting with the dosages.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Nice explanation andrew! I would take 1 glycobol every4 hrs regaurdless. It'll help with glycogen synthesis even on low carbs. It'll increase glucagon gh and lipolysis. U can even take 2 spread out 1 with first meal 1 with 4th meal and 2 pre bed. As far as carb ups I usually take on gbol per every 40g carbs but no more then 2 in 3 hours!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.42%

I have a question

MY wife started using glycobol for recomping. I would like to use it as well but lil broke right now lol. We both train in a fasted state @ 5:30 am while sipping on bcaas so when could she dose her glycobol? She is stsacking it with slim xtreme if that makes any difference?????
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jart45 View Post
    MY wife started using glycobol for recomping. I would like to use it as well but lil broke right now lol. We both train in a fasted state @ 5:30 am while sipping on bcaas so when could she dose her glycobol? She is stsacking it with slim xtreme if that makes any difference?????
    I would have her start by taking it about 15-30 minutes before her first meal with carbs. People are dosing Glycobol differently as it seems that dose amounts and dosage timing vary a lot from user to user. I would have her start with just before carb meals and she can experiment from there.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.04%

Quote Originally Posted by jart45 View Post
    Well as you know Bcaas become glucose, also most bcaa contains some form of flavoring, so with that being said, take 1 glycobol 20-30 minutes prior to the consumption of BCAA's, great idea of taking bcaa's on a fasted state.
    doing my own thang!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.13%

regular ALA may result in a greater amount of liver glycogen storage and may even result in more fat storage than intended

VS can decrease blood glucose while increasing glycogen storage. Some evidence states that vanadium can stimulate an insulin release

SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Well here comes the dosing, dose both at the same time 25-30 minutes prior to each meal. Glycobol 1-2 and stoked 1-2 at a time.
    The big factor that one may realize is that glycobol is a nutrient partritioner which means it feeds your muscle and blocks glucose from storing in ones adipose tissue through GLUT-4 translocation. Carbs allow for glycogen build-up, a couple of the ingredients in glycobol allow for one to maximize their glycogen storage as well as glycogen resynthesis through glycongenious. What makes glycbol special is if one takes in less than 35g of carbs after dosing glycobol, its very probable and likely to stay in ketosis. BMOV is great stuff, it allows ones muscle to stay pumped, its half life is about 24 hours, so its very easy to feel hard all day. This is another reason why Stoked and glycobol stack well, icarrin which is found in Stoked; is a PDE-5 blocker, so it allows for better blood flow and nitric oxide production. Thus allowing for MORE pumps and vascularity. Nutrient partritioners allow one to keep a better lipid profile, glycobol contains Na-R-ALA; which time after time has been proven to be a potent anti-oxidant; 21 times more bio-available than ALA. Pm me, if you want more.
    andrew. glut4 is in fat tissue as well... just saying. The reason why it doesnt goto fat tissue as easily is because the berberine is a PPARy antagonist which represses adipocyte differentiation (new fat cells from forming and can actually help shrink existing ones (on low carb) )

The one thing about glycobol i have to say i DONT like is the BMOV, id rather Vanadyl sulfat in my partioners bc its excreted more readily and isnt absorbed as much into vanadium sensitive tissues like the kiney bone ect.

With glycobol 1 cap per meal. even on low carb is fine. no worries there, youll burn off fat.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well as you know Bcaas become glucose, also most bcaa contains some form of flavoring, so with that being said, take 1 glycobol 20-30 minutes prior to the consumption of BCAA's, great idea of taking bcaa's on a fasted state.
    not all BCAAs remember the ketogenic aminos.... which is all i ingest on ketogenic diets.

but if your in ketosis most likely the amino acids will go into the amino acid pool and ketones and triglycerides will be used for energy during your lifts. Very little amounts of BCAAs will be used.
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.04%

You are 100 percent correct, I actually tell people NOW that when you take a product that contains bebberine such as Glycobol or AP, to take it preferably on a lower carb intake, products like Need2Slin or SlinSlane would be more appropriate for higher carb meals. I applaud you for doing your own research, something that people should learn to do themselves rather than having info be spoon fed to them.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

$20 a pot going on at WC
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.13%

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    not all BCAAs remember the ketogenic aminos.... which is all i ingest on ketogenic diets.

but if your in ketosis most likely the amino acids will go into the amino acid pool and ketones and triglycerides will be used for energy during your lifts. Very little amounts of BCAAs will be used.
    True the only ketogenic aminoacid is Leucine
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    True the only ketogenic aminoacid is Leucine
    forgetting lysine as well.

but leucine is insulinogenic and ketogenic lysine is not.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.31%

A LOT of great info here!
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You are 100 percent correct, I actually tell people NOW that when you take a product that contains bebberine such as Glycobol or AP, to take it preferably on a lower carb intake, products like Need2Slin or SlinSlane would be more appropriate for higher carb meals. I applaud you for doing your own research, something that people should learn to do themselves rather than having info be spoon fed to them.
    higher carb meals id RATHER take something with berberine do to limiting adipocyte differentiation and increasing insulin sensitivity. Rather then just taking something for the pump.

need to slin is hardly a repartitioner. Is it good.. im sure it is. But its not a true mimetic. it works via a different pathway to stimulate the responce which frankly you can get cheaper single ingredients and add to a different partioner and have much better results.

Of course i research, just because im new doesnt mean anything. People see newbies on here, and they sometime bash them for not knowing anything.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.04%

Indeed bebberine has shown to do that but I came across a study which showed it being most effective with carb intake of 25mgs which is LOW for a guy like me.
  18. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

Indeed bebberine has shown to do that but I came across a study which showed it being most effective with carb intake of 25mgs which is LOW for a guy like me.
    Agreed and at 25g or less I would go with 1 Glycobol and not 2 but that is me.
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

please post that.
  20. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

please post that.
    I would not mind seeing it also.
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

bump for the study from andrew.

ive done EXTENSIVE research on berberine. carb amounts were never taken into acount.

ive seen it taken into account with other ingredients such as salacia. but not berberine
  22. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

bump for the study from andrew.

ive done EXTENSIVE research on berberine. carb amounts were never taken into acount.

ive seen it taken into account with other ingredients such as salacia. but not berberine
    You might want to shoot him a PM.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How big do you wanna get?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 02:09 PM
  2. GVT for those who wanna know.
    By Powerhouse 48 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
  3. someone wanna help me?