Glycobol Side Effect?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Question Glycobol Side Effect?


    First off guys I want to say Glycobol rocks. I've been using it 4 days now and feel amazing after mod/high carb meal.

    I have a question though (and sorry if this grosses anyone out). Has anyone else noticed a dark green stool since starting glycobol? It started the same day I started the supplement.

    I've ruled out dietary causes (green veggies, food dyes, etc..) I'm just wondering what the cause could be. Other than color no real changes in consistency or frequency. Any input would be appreciated!

  2. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0
  3. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Thanks. i did see that. Maybe too little bile is mixing with my food
    •   
       

  4. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0

    I did not notice it when I beta tested it.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  5. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0

    Been eating alot of fiber with the carbs?
  6. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0

    Do you eat a lot of fat in ur meals?
  7. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Hmm. Fiber, YES. Fat.. Not so much. I have a MASSIVE bowl of oatmeal every morning complete with flax meal and wheat germ. My main fat sources would be peanut butter (x3 times a day) and eggs.
  8. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0

    the reason i ask is because some people when they eat to much fat they get steatorreah (fatty stools) however i never had green poo, Red once, but that was from peppers

    have you been using one or 2 pills? maybe see if you drop the dose to 1 pill 4x a day the same thing happens instead of 2 pills 2x a day
  9. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Post


    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    the reason i ask is because some people when they eat to much fat they get steatorreah (fatty stools) however i never had green poo, Red once, but that was from peppers

    have you been using one or 2 pills? maybe see if you drop the dose to 1 pill 4x a day the same thing happens instead of 2 pills 2x a day
    I went a little while ago. It seems much better today. I've been taking 2x twice a day. First dose is with my Breakfast Oatmeal and the 2nd with my dinner (Postworkout) Sweet potato and/or quinoa.

    I'll update tomorrow but I have a feeling this will be resolved by tomorrow or Wed.
  10. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Answers
    0

    I haven't had that problem, mines from tons of broccoli. I'm only dosing 3 caps per day.
  11. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    I wanted to update. Stool is still green.. I don't care, I love the fullness and vascularity that comes after a meal, and NO BLOAT at any time. Unless other problems arise, I'll put up with my colorful crap

    BTW

    1 LARGE SWEET POTATO + 1 TBSP NATTY PB + (2) GLYCOBOL = HEAVEN

  12. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    That is funny I just had a sweetpotato, 2 glycobol and a peanut butter shake it is awesome lol
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  13. New Member
    darkwing's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    90
    Answers
    0

    I did some research over 10 years ago on vanadyl sulfate, and it was noted to possbly cause green stools. I can vouch for it too, because I had the green poo. Don't know if the BMOV would do the same or not?
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    Yes it could be from the BMOV.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  15. Elite Member
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,429
    Answers
    0

    WELL, if it makes anyone feel better, I have been pooping green all day, seriously!
    doing my own thang!
  16. Advanced Member
    Enigma76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    981
    Answers
    0

    Haha same here. Very green.

    Don't think its anything to worry about though.

    Will say, I think its effects at night before bed are knocking me out a bit too much. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper normally, so I dunno if I'm going to keep up the pre-bed dose. I love the fullness the next morning, but I'm pretty groggy for awhile, even after 8-10 hours of sleep.
  17. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Answers
    0

    Pooping green and it's not even St Patrick's day,lol.
  18. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    1

    I've dropped green deuces from two things:
    1) Drinking ~90oz or more of PURPLE Crystal Light in a day
    2) When my fiber intake was so high that I was dropping by the bathroom about every four hours to deuce (I'm guessing that's what DG806's post is about )
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  19. New Member
    TarHeelTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0

    Just curious, but what color is the powder inside the caps?
  20. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    It is yellow.

    That berberine powder could change could change charcoal to yellow lol
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  21. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    1

    WARNING: Whatever this powder touches WILL TURN YELLOW AND WILL STAY YELLOW

    Don't get curious and go opening up a capsule or two, lol.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  22. Advanced Member
    Enigma76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    981
    Answers
    0

    Vanadium has purported cholesterol lowering effects. I wonder if the "green" color, which is linked to increased intestinal motility and as one member pointed out is linked with green stools, is part of the reason.

    Faster intestinal motility reduces the amount of bile acid reabsorption, and bile acid is the way that we get cholesterol into our bodies and out of it. It is excreted into the lumen of the small intestine to help with fat solubilization, which brings with it cholesterol. The acids are then reabsorbed with the fat...some are eventually excreted. If we aren't reabsorbing as much, this might explain some of the MOA of cholesterol lowering with vanadium.

    Thoughts?
  23. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Lightbulb


    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma76 View Post
    Vanadium has purported cholesterol lowering effects. I wonder if the "green" color, which is linked to increased intestinal motility and as one member pointed out is linked with green stools, is part of the reason.

    Faster intestinal motility reduces the amount of bile acid reabsorption, and bile acid is the way that we get cholesterol into our bodies and out of it. It is excreted into the lumen of the small intestine to help with fat solubilization, which brings with it cholesterol. The acids are then reabsorbed with the fat...some are eventually excreted. If we aren't reabsorbing as much, this might explain some of the MOA of cholesterol lowering with vanadium.

    Thoughts?
    Interesting.. And thanks everyone for chiming in! BTW I've been eating what should be considered an illegal amount of carbs and still leaning out. Glycobol is no joke!

    Another interesting thing I've noticed is the odor of my urine the first time I pee after dosing Glycobol. The best way I could describe it is ("Asparagus Pee"). Sulfur-like. Subsequent urinations don't produce the same odor. Anyone else share the same experience?
  24. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    That is funny I just had a sweetpotato, 2 glycobol and a peanut butter shake it is awesome lol
    Damn Crowler that sounds awesome.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  25. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Answers
    0

    nother interesting thing I've noticed is the odor of my urine the first time I pee after dosing Glycobol. The best way I could describe it is ("Asparagus Pee"). Sulfur-like. Subsequent urinations don't produce the same odor. Anyone else share the same experience?
    Yup, anytime I take something with alpha lipoic acid in it, and Glycobol has a very potent version of it.
  26. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    BTW I've been eating what should be considered an illegal amount of carbs and still leaning out. Glycobol is no joke!
    If I wasn't experiencing the same thing I would raise the BS Flag on this. lol

    But it really is happening to me as well. It is almost like a challenge to see how many carbs I can eat and still not blow up
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  27. New Member
    gmc4180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    379
    Answers
    0

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    ...It is almost like a challenge to see how many carbs I can eat and still not blow up
  28. Registered User
    DeerDeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    432
    Answers
    0

    I also have been trying out glycobol. Definitely noticed the green stool, somewhat disconcerting at first. it is likely from the increase in GI motility.

    The asparagus smell is from the alpha lipoic acid. It is likely that a small percent of the ALA is NOT R-isomer, I have had pure R-ALA and it did not cause the malodorous urine. Whenever I have had plain ALA, the odor is much more apparent.

    Syntrax R-ALA, AST R-ALA did not cause the urine to smell, but in experience with Primaforce R-ALA, I did get the smell, on testing, it was not found to be pure R-ALA.

    Any others with similar experience? Any testing available on the purity of the ALA?
  29. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    1

    From the formulator of Glycobol:

    Berberine increases bile flow, thus it also cleans out the liver. If the stools are darker for a few days, it likely means mild preexisting biliary obstruction. The green color means it's getting expelled. Once stools resumes normal color (a week or two at the most I'd think), you know your liver is back in a healthy relationship with your gall bladder. If you do not get this side effect, it means your liver was already in good shape. Dark stools are not a concern for liver issues, it's very light stools that are cause for concern.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  30. Advanced Member
    Ninjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    932
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DeerDeer View Post
    The asparagus smell is from the alpha lipoic acid. It is likely that a small percent of the ALA is NOT R-isomer, I have had pure R-ALA and it did not cause the malodorous urine. Whenever I have had plain ALA, the odor is much more apparent.

    Syntrax R-ALA, AST R-ALA did not cause the urine to smell, but in experience with Primaforce R-ALA, I did get the smell, on testing, it was not found to be pure R-ALA.

    Any others with similar experience? Any testing available on the purity of the ALA?
    I'd never heard that...is that the Insopro-R supp?...I'm using that now...damn, I thought Primaforce was as legit as they come...need to get me some Glycobol!
  31. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    I'd never heard that...is that the Insopro-R supp?...I'm using that now...damn, I thought Primaforce was as legit as they come...need to get me some Glycobol!
    You will not be sorry if you go with Glycobol.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  32. Advanced Member
    Ninjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    932
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    You will not be sorry if you go with Glycobol.
    Anywhere in Canada carry it?...or do I have to wait until my next NP order to get me some?!
  33. AI Sports Nutrition
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    Anywhere in Canada carry it?...or do I have to wait until my next NP order to get me some?!
    I will see if I can get a answer for you.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  34. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    1

    Here's a list of our retailers: http://www.anabolicinnovations.com/retailers

    It looks like we're in the US and UK, but not Canada (yet)
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  35. Advanced Member
    Ninjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    932
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Here's a list of our retailers: http://www.anabolicinnovations.com/retailers

    It looks like we're in the US and UK, but not Canada (yet)
    that sucks...I usually do an NP order every couple of months so I guess I'll just have to wait until next time to get some! Thanks for looking into it though.
  36. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    Yes that is correct. Your best option is to order from Nutra Planet.

    Thank you!
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  37. Senior Member
    Cool's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,350
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    Also...I remember la having this same problem with the greenies with 11oxo...I think in the end, it was because the color of the caps that were from a green base...they were black caps...
    This is what I was thinking exactly. Black caps = black poop.
    "I would be proud to sport that body on the beach, or for a hot date." -Dsade commenting on my pics
  38. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    First off guys I want to say Glycobol rocks. I've been using it 4 days now and feel amazing after mod/high carb meal.

    I have a question though (and sorry if this grosses anyone out). Has anyone else noticed a dark green stool since starting glycobol? It started the same day I started the supplement.

    I've ruled out dietary causes (green veggies, food dyes, etc..) I'm just wondering what the cause could be. Other than color no real changes in consistency or frequency. Any input would be appreciated!
    noticed it but it was with beta alanine after 3 months
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  39. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Answers
    0

    Thank you for the question!

    Right from Dr D

    Berberine increases bile flow, thus it also cleans out the liver. If the stools are darker for a few days, it likely means mild preexisting biliary obstruction. The green color means it's getting expelled. Once stools resumes normal color (a week or two at the most I'd think), you know your liver is back in a healthy relationship with your gall bladder. If you do not get this side effect, it means your liver was already in good shape. Dark stools are not a concern for liver issues, it's very light stools that are cause for concern.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  40. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0

    i dont mind the greenies to be honest, gives variation to your normal color, life would be boring if everything was the same lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. can anyone help with this ph/ps side effect?
    By romanreid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 01:48 AM
  2. has anyone had this sd side effect?
    By BLANE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in