Lv. Percent
    68.25%

Trans-Resveratrol content of Stoked?

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Capsules
    Servings per Container: 60
    Amount Per Serving
    Trans-Resveratrol 50% 600mg

Does that mean that each 2 capsule serving has 600mg at 50% concentration, giving 300mg of Trans-Resveratrol, or does it mean that it has 1200mg at 50% concentration giving 600mg of Trans-Resveratrol?

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it's a stupid question, but I'm trying to compare dosage/pricing with pure Trans-Resveratrol products, and they always give figures for both the total amount and the amount of Trans-Resveratrol within that, so it's clear which way round it works.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.11%

300 each
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KmuL View Post
    300 each

Boris, you also have to take in account that other ingredients in STOKED are their to make it more bioavailable. Trans-Resveratrol as a very short life once ingested. Anyone please, correct me if I am wrong.
    •   

4. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post

Boris, you also have to take in account that other ingredients in STOKED are their to make it more bioavailable. Trans-Resveratrol as a very short life once ingested. Anyone please, correct me if I am wrong.
    You are correct Quercetin helps with this.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

not oly does it help with it but it is also a nutrient repartioner, certain analogs or quercetin are found in DS glucophase i believe and works quite well. this is another advantage to these ingredients in stoked!
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    not oly does it help with it but it is also a nutrient repartioner, certain analogs or quercetin are found in DS glucophase i believe and works quite well. this is another advantage to these ingredients in stoked!
    Right on bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    From reading about the subject in other places, there seems to be some debate about whether Quercetin does have a net positive effect on Resveratrol consumption. I'm no expert, so am just reciting what I have read elsewhere, but what I have read is that Quercetin does indeed improve bioavailability of Resveratrol, BUT at the same time a metabolite of it may inhibit SIRT1, whereas one of the aims of consuming Resveratrol is to activate SIRT1. As the mice in the studies that got people excited consumed only Resveratrol, not Quercetin, some people are of the opinion that it is best to just go with what the mice consumed unless future studies show it to be better to consume something else.

So, having consumed quite a few bottles of Stoked, I'd like to try a straight Resveratrol product to compare the results I get. I'm guessing most people here use themselves as guinea pigs to answer this sort of question.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    From reading about the subject in other places, there seems to be some debate about whether Quercetin does have a net positive effect on Resveratrol consumption. I'm no expert, so am just reciting what I have read elsewhere, but what I have read is that Quercetin does indeed improve bioavailability of Resveratrol, BUT at the same time a metabolite of it may inhibit SIRT1, whereas one of the aims of consuming Resveratrol is to activate SIRT1. As the mice in the studies that got people excited consumed only Resveratrol, not Quercetin, some people are of the opinion that it is best to just go with what the mice consumed unless future studies show it to be better to consume something else.

So, having consumed quite a few bottles of Stoked, I'd like to try a straight Resveratrol product to compare the results I get. I'm guessing most people here use themselves as guinea pigs to answer this sort of question.

the thing is people dont inly comsume Resveratrol because its a SIRT1 agonist (which works with the body for fat burning and for its longevity purposes) they consume it for its mixed agonistic and antogonistic effect on the ERa and ERb to increase test levels. Quercitin helps with this. i however have not personally seen the study refering to quercitin that way, one of the problems is that quercitin may gedt metabolized before it activates and inhibits the SIRT1 enzyme.
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    the thing is people dont inly comsume Resveratrol because its a SIRT1 agonist (which works with the body for fat burning and for its longevity purposes) they consume it for its mixed agonistic and antogonistic effect on the ERa and ERb to increase test levels. Quercitin helps with this. i however have not personally seen the study refering to quercitin that way, one of the problems is that quercitin may gedt metabolized before it activates and inhibits the SIRT1 enzyme.

and since i havent seen the studies on it the longevity and fat burning effects of it still stand.
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

All I have to say results speak for themselves, all what has been discussed in this thread is true, regardless 600mg of trans-reservatrol is plenty and not all its metabolites will be diminished, quercetin also offers anti-oxidative properties. There are more studies that have to be done with piperine/quercetin and interference of SR-1T activity.
    doing my own thang!
  11. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

For me the results is enough for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. trans Resveratrol vs Resveratrol
    By qwerty33 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
  2. resveratrol or TRANS-resveratrol
    By poison in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. Trans-Resveratrol and Resveratrol
    By weakestlink in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 12:21 AM
  4. trans-resveratrol = resveratrol????
    By mooch2321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
  5. resveratrol amount of trans-resveratrol?
    By rkretz in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:10 AM