Can you eat protein powder raw

csly

Awards
Does protein powder have to be mixed. I heard you could take BCAA's raw. Can you do that with like milk Isolate or does it have to be mixed with something

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
WTF?!? If that's what you want, then just eat whole food. I think I'd rather try snorting the powder before trying to eat it. :blink:

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
I just can't imagine a mouthfull of protin powder. Short on mixers where your from? My bad, no malintent on flaming, weird question. Can it be suspended and injected?

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Oh- to answer your question. Yes, you could eat protien powder, if you do it, let us know how you like it. Compare to w/ water, w/ milk, etc...

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
its a bitch to spoon it in your mouth dry, it sticks to your teeth, roof of your mouth etc........you need a lot of water to wash it down, so might as well just mix it in water

csly

Awards
BCAA's don't mix well, or at all really. I didn't know if the absorbption would be effected if it wasn't dissolved in water (like with creatine). Ciasin doesn't mix well at all, takes about 12 ounces to dissolve 50g.

bulkmuscle

Awards
if you're worried about absorption just make sure to eat a big meal before you take it in water.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does protein powder have to be mixed. I heard you could take BCAA's raw. Can you do that with like milk Isolate or does it have to be mixed with something
Friggin hilarious... :icon_lol:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not a completely dumb question. I used to eat nestle quick powder with a spoon.

Damn yummy **** lol

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not a completely dumb question. I used to eat nestle quick powder with a spoon.

Damn yummy **** lol
I guess I dont understand the point. Why not mix it with milk or something?>

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cause kids to weird things.

Why eat a hotdog right out of the package without cooking it? Ever done that? I have. And I am not the only one.

Same thing.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cause kids to weird things.

Why eat a hotdog right out of the package without cooking it? Ever done that? I have. And I am not the only one.

Same thing.
EAting a hot dog out of the package is different then eating plain powder. I used to eat hot dogs all the time like that. Ever have a mayonnaise sandwich? I used to eat them all the time too. People thought I was nuts. Damn they were good tho.. :cheers:

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
i've thrown protein powder in my mouth cuz i didnt feel like mixing before...its pretty sick. gets all stuck in ur teeth and whatnot...

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
A little off topic- I've got a buddy that says back in his college days, on like a friday night, his protein shake concisted of protein and BEER. He said that his stomach wasn't right for a while. I'm still in college, never crossed my mind though.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Arnold said he put whiskey in his protein shakes if he ever drank.

d2Lw

Awards
Not really just protein powder sans liquid, but almost w/o liquid, awesome recipe from AL's Loki:

I swear to God it doesn't get any better than 2 scoops of Chocolate WPC + 1 Tbsp. of Natty Smucker's Peanut Butter + 2 scoops of BSL Chocolate Flavoring Powder + 1 packet of Splenda.

The constitution is 1/2-way between Cookie Dough & Pudding, and the taste is better than almost any actual desert I can thinkg of-- so much so that I still haven't thought of a truly deserving name in light if its munificence...

how much water do you add to that??
Just a minute amount of Ice-cold water. Just enough so that with the Peanut Butter when you stir it it coagulates into a 'goo.' A glorious, glorious goo...

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
that is a stupid question imho. Of course you can eat the powder...whats diluting it gonna do? absolutely nothing but make it into a liquid form. eating the powder would probably be horrible unless you get syntrax nectar. i tried taking a pinch of it and tastes just like candy...however, after a couple pinches it would probably taste like ass (haven't tried). But why go through the trouble...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
that is a stupid question imho. Of course you can eat the powder...whats diluting it gonna do? absolutely nothing but make it into a liquid form. eating the powder would probably be horrible unless you get syntrax nectar. i tried taking a pinch of it and tastes just like candy...however, after a couple pinches it would probably taste like ass (haven't tried). But why go through the trouble...
Because when you are on the road it is alot easier to do a receipie like the one above with VERY little water than mixing it the traditional way.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
i try a little pinch of all my protein powders. why? i dont really know, i guess to see how they truly taste. the worst is micellean natural flavor, but im sure you all could've guessed that

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i try a little pinch of all my protein powders. why? i dont really know, i guess to see how they truly taste. the worst is micellean natural flavor, but im sure you all could've guessed that
Do yourself a favor and don't ever mention VPX CRAP again in the ALL THE WHEY section. Its just dis-respectful to the sponser and VPX is **** anyway.