Casein

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will you ever have any casien or slow protein blends?. Most casien and slow protein blends are expensive, usually around $30 for only 2 pounds. I wish there was a cheaper brand...

goa1175

Awards
I'll second that! I'd much rather buy a product from a board sponsor. This is probably a dumb question, but the milk protein isolate has some casein in it right?

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ATW has a damn good deal on Milk Isolate, I don't think it's flavored though. I believe Milk Isolate is 80 percent casien and 20 percent whey, very good nightime protein. I used to get alot from Customizer awhile back, milk protein has a different taste, not bad just different. Also, use more water than you are used to it can get real thick.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
ATW has a damn good deal on Milk Isolate, I don't think it's flavored though. I believe Milk Isolate is 80 percent casien and 20 percent whey, very good nightime protein. I used to get alot from Customizer awhile back, milk protein has a different taste, not bad just different. Also, use more water than you are used to it can get real thick.
Hi,

80/20 is right.

Take Care

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
If I want milk, I'll just go buy some at the store. I want something similar to HSN driver at a lower cost!.
Hi,

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying milk isolate is like milk? It is not. Milk only has about 3.5% protein. That protein is comprised of casein and whey in an 80/20 split. If filtered extensively, it will be isolate.

Take Care

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying milk isolate is like milk? It is not. Milk only has about 3.5% protein. That protein is comprised of casein and whey in an 80/20 split. If filtered extensively, it will be isolate.

Take Care
I know casien is mostly derived from milk. I just want a mixture of slow proteins like in HSN Driver. There are different types of casien though, and I'm pretty sure the casien from milk is calcium caceinite(sp?)?. Then there is Micellar Casien which is supposedly better for some reason. I don't know exactly what I am talking about, but do have a general understanding of the different types of proteins. I would just rather have a mixture off all the casiens and slow digesting proteins. Ok this is what I want exactly. Say when you go to the store and buy the store brand, it says "compare to so and so" on the package of the store brand because it is exactly the same as the name brand. Well I want something thats exactly the same as HSN Driver, which is my favorite slow digesting protein.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I know casien is mostly derived from milk. I just want a mixture of slow proteins like in HSN Driver. There are different types of casien though, and I'm pretty sure the casien from milk is calcium caceinite(sp?)?. Then there is Micellar Casien which is supposedly better for some reason. I don't know exactly what I am talking about, but do have a general understanding of the different types of proteins. I would just rather have a mixture off all the casiens and slow digesting proteins. Ok this is what I want exactly. Say when you go to the store and buy the store brand, it says "compare to so and so" on the package of the store brand because it is exactly the same as the name brand. Well I want something thats exactly the same as HSN Driver, which is my favorite slow digesting protein.
I wouldn't be concerned with the minute differences between micellular and the casein in milk isolate.

Your product has too many carbs and fat. It's not even in the isolate category.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't be concerned with the minute differences between micellular and the casein in milk isolate.

Your product has too many carbs and fat. It's not even in the isolate category.
HSN Driver has only 1.5 grams of fat per serving, 4 total grams of carbs, 3 of which are from fiber.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
The fat comes from omega 3's though.
Do you want protein, fat, fiber...? What do you want? I'm trying to help you, and you're defending an overpriced, unnecessary product. Why?

alpha-longhorn

Awards
Do you want protein, fat, fiber...? What do you want? I'm trying to help you, and you're defending an overpriced, unnecessary product. Why?
\

dom I think he wants a replica of Driver.. heh

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
\

dom I think he wants a replica of Driver.. heh
You shouldn't pay double for something that is not better. OK, so you have 20% whey with milk isolate. Take 20% more. During the day, that 20% is needed.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok you know I like your isolate/concentrate mix. You have my testimonal. I would just like to have a product with a mixture of slow digesting proteins I can take before bed and not worry about night time catabolism. Right now its just that I like HSN Driver. I think its a good mixture of slow proteins and not to mention that it does include some fiber and fats from omega 3's which are always a good idea. Yes a replica of driver would be good, or something close, and I know you can do it because you have the lowest price on an isolate/concentrate mix that I have seen!. Also if you could come up with something like that I would definitely purchase it from you. I already plan on being a permanent customer for your whey products. I can't wait to try the chocolate next!.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ok you know I like your isolate/concentrate mix. You have my testimonal. I would just like to have a product with a mixture of slow digesting proteins I can take before bed and not worry about night time catabolism. Right now its just that I like HSN Driver. I think its a good mixture of slow proteins and not to mention that it does include some fiber and fats from omega 3's which are always a good idea. Yes a replica of driver would be good, or something close, and I know you can do it because you have the lowest price on an isolate/concentrate mix that I have seen!. Also if you could come up with something like that I would definitely purchase it from you. I already plan on being a permanent customer for your whey products. I can't wait to try the chocolate next!.
Hi,

You're wasting money on something that is not as good. A product that is 100% micellar is the same as 1.2 times milk isolate (casein wise), which is the same as a 100% calcium caseinate isolate. A "combination" of proteins, etc. is a sales gimmick in this case. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but you can save a lot of money, and have a better product.

Also, milk isolate gives you flexibility. It can be taken during the day if whey can't be. Also, some should be taken during the day anyway.

The fiber and fat may slow it down too much. If you really want to do that, throw a litltle flax in one of the above.

I'm not trying to make a sale. Milk isolate is the best deal. You don't have to buy from us, but I would buy milk isolate.

Take Care

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for that information. I don't know much about casien(the principal protein of cows milk) except it is derived from dairy and its a slow protein. There is not much information about the spefic different types of casien out there. If anyone has a link describing more about the different types of casien I would be most happy.

THA GONZ

Awards
Hey dtricome, not a flame or anything but I heard that the Milk Isolate tastes horrible, I was gonna buy some just wondering if you could recommend anything to mix it with that will help with the taste?

Thanks

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey dtricome, not a flame or anything but I heard that the Milk Isolate tastes horrible, I was gonna buy some just wondering if you could recommend anything to mix it with that will help with the taste?

Thanks
Hi,

I wouldn't say the unflavored is horrible. It's bland, maybe slightly chaulky. It's meant to mix with anything, Gatorade, Crystal Light, etc.

Take Care

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Hi,

I wouldn't say the unflavored is horrible. It's bland, maybe slightly chaulky. It's meant to mix with anything, Gatorade, Crystal Light, etc.

Take Care
I have 5lbs of the milk isolate on its whey that I plan to mix with the normal chocolate blend I usually get. I'll report back here on the taste.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have 5lbs of the milk isolate on its whey that I plan to mix with the normal chocolate blend I usually get. I'll report back here on the taste.
Hi,

Don't expect anything, but a weak tasting chocolate. Unless, you put a lot of blend.

The milk isolate needs to be mixed with something that will give it taste.

Take Care

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

Don't expect anything, but a weak tasting chocolate. Unless, you put a lot of blend.

The milk isolate needs to be mixed with something that will give it taste.

Take Care
How about mixing it with some hood carb countdown chocolate milk?. Would that be ok tasting?. Yes I finally am gonna purchase some. I just read an article about casien online and it convinced me. I believe your product will be good as a before bed meal and will be slow enough to last through the night at least. I will mix it with the low carb milk if it doesn't taste fine without anything added to it. If it tastes fine without anything added to it I'll just drink it plain. Otherwise I don't know what I would be able to add for flavoring without adding excessive carbs.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
How about mixing it with some hood carb countdown chocolate milk?. Would that be ok tasting?. Yes I finally am gonna purchase some. I just read an article about casien online and it convinced me. I believe your product will be good as a before bed meal and will be slow enough to last through the night at least. I will mix it with the low carb milk if it doesn't taste fine without anything added to it. If it tastes fine without anything added to it I'll just drink it plain. Otherwise I don't know what I would be able to add for flavoring without adding excessive carbs.
Hi,

It can be mixed with anything. Taste is subjective, so I can't really comment.

For virtually no carbs with variety, Crystal Light is good.

Take Care

Alt+F4

Awards
Hi,

Yes. Chocolate and vanilla hopefully by the end of the month.

Take Care
Damn, I suppose I should have waited to hear the answer to that question before I ordered 5lbs of the unflavored :frustrate

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm also eagerly awaiting Mint Chocolate Chip flavored Blend. Is that scheduled for end of Feb as well?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I sent in a money order today. It will take a while to get there. Maybe they will have the chocolate by the time it gets there?. I hope so.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

It can be mixed with anything. Taste is subjective, so I can't really comment.

For virtually no carbs with variety, Crystal Light is good.

Take Care
Just got my Milk Isolate today. God it tastes like puke!. I tried it with crystal light at first, used two serving of the milk isolate in 16 oz of crystal light. I took two tastes and I just couldn't stand it. I thought I was gonna puke!. I poured it down the drain. Well I mixed it in some of my orange blend and it was bearable but it really ruins the taste of the orange blend!. I don't want to pay return shipping and I need something to drink before bed. So if all the whey sends me a return shipping label I will send it back. Otherwise I am gonna have to deal with it, I will just mix it with water and hold my nose while I drink it!. Besides I don't want to waste the crystal light!. Also the hood carb countdown is too thick to mix with it!. It really tastes like puke thats the only way I can describe it!... I didn't expect this because I love their whey, and its the only place I am gonna purchase whey!.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just got my Milk Isolate today. God it tastes like puke!. I tried it with crystal light at first, used two serving of the milk isolate in 16 oz of crystal light. I took two tastes and I just couldn't stand it. I thought I was gonna puke!. I poured it down the drain. Well I mixed it in some of my orange blend and it was bearable but it really ruins the taste of the orange blend!. I don't want to pay return shipping and I need something to drink before bed. So if all the whey sends me a return shipping label I will send it back. Otherwise I am gonna have to deal with it, I will just mix it with water and hold my nose while I drink it!. Besides I don't want to waste the crystal light!. Also the hood carb countdown is too thick to mix with it!. It really tastes like puke thats the only way I can describe it!... I didn't expect this because I love their whey, and its the only place I am gonna purchase whey!.
Hi,

Unfortunately, I quit the company. I'd give them a short leash for performance. The quality should always be good.

Anyway, please keep in mind that you can add more Crystal Light, etc. 16 oz. is the minimum I'd recommend.

Take Care

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

Unfortunately, I quit the company. I'd give them a short leash for performance. The quality should always be good.

Anyway, please keep in mind that you can add more Crystal Light, etc. 16 oz. is the minimum I'd recommend.

Take Care
Thats too bad, I wish someone elese would come on this board we could talk to then....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I already called twice today and then said somebody will call me back. Maybe they don't understand that you have to communicate with each other to get things done?.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just for some perspective, I have never heard of anybody saying it was this objectionable, not even close. I drink it with water at times. That's not a reflection on you, because I don't like some popular things like strawberry. I hate it, and I had to taste test it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I really can't see how any casein product would taste good with a fruit flavor drink anyway. I just thought I would give it a try since you said thats what you mix it with. I rushed to the store last night to get some crystal light because I knew my protein was coming today. Do you know if they are still coming out with a chocolate flavor?. Maybe I could exchange this for chocolate if they pay for shipping. Otherwise I will have to deal with it. It really sucks sending **** back when you buy online. I mean its one thing if you get it locally and you can just go right back to the store. When you get it online you better make sure its something you are gonna be happy with...Otherwise you have to pay for return shipping, sometimes a restocking fee, and also go through the trouble of boxing it up and bringing it to the post office. Yes HSN DRIVER costs twice as much as milk protein isolate but it tastes much better and has some other quality ingredients added to it that make it more appealing. I still plan on getting more whey from all the whey though. If they send me a return shipping label then I will trade one of these bottles for a bottle of the chocolate flavored MPI, IF they are actually going to have it.

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well I really can't see how any casein product would taste good with a fruit flavor drink anyway. I just thought I would give it a try since you said thats what you mix it with. I rushed to the store last night to get some crystal light because I knew my protein was coming today. Do you know if they are still coming out with a chocolate flavor?. Maybe I could exchange this for chocolate if they pay for shipping. Otherwise I will have to deal with it. It really sucks sending **** back when you buy online. I mean its one thing if you get it locally and you can just go right back to the store. When you get it online you better make sure its something you are gonna be happy with...Otherwise you have to pay for return shipping, sometimes a restocking fee, and also go through the trouble of boxing it up and bringing it to the post office. Yes HSN DRIVER costs twice as much as milk protein isolate but it tastes much better and has some other quality ingredients added to it that make it more appealing. I still plan on getting more whey from all the whey though. If they send me a return shipping label then I will trade one of these bottles for a bottle of the chocolate flavored MPI, IF they are actually going to have it.
They should send you a shipping label. and FedEx will pick it up. Or, replace it with whey. I'm not sure when the flavored mpi will be available.

Alt+F4

Awards
Just for some perspective, I have never heard of anybody saying it was this objectionable, not even close. I drink it with water at times. That's not a reflection on you, because I don't like some popular things like strawberry. I hate it, and I had to taste test it.
I can confirm that it is this bad. I equate it to back in elementary school when you'd have to clap the erasers together at the end of the day. Well imagine clapping the erasers together, then walking through the chalk cloud with your mouth open and your tongue out. Take a deep breath. And that's how the MPI tastes.

I never really thought of sending it back because I've never tried another milk isolate product and I just figured that's what it tastes like.

Drinking it in water? Dom, your taste buds must be broken :)

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
I can confirm that it is this bad. I equate it to back in elementary school when you'd have to clap the erasers together at the end of the day. Well imagine clapping the erasers together, then walking through the chalk cloud with your mouth open and your tongue out. Take a deep breath. And that's how the MPI tastes.

I never really thought of sending it back because I've never tried another milk isolate product and I just figured that's what it tastes like.

Drinking it in water? Dom, your taste buds must be broken :)
You may want to try Equal, etc. Sweetness usually takes care of everything.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well last night I tried this...I put two scoops of MPI, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of light cream and 3/4 of a package of rasberry crystal light. I can say it was "bearable". But it was over 700 calories from adding all that extra crap!. I'm not gonna do that again, besides having way too many calories, it would cost me a crapload. Any other suggestions on what to mix it with?.