Important- All The Whey RECALL.

channelx99

Awards
NOTIFICATION LETTER

Urgent!

All the Whey announces a voluntary recall of the following lot numbers, as a precaution:

9108 9115 9122
9129 9136 9143
9150 9157 9164
9171 9178 9185

These lot numbers refer to Whey Protein Blend; Whey Protein Concentrate; Supermass 600; and Optiblend. These products were produced and distributed on April or May of 2009.

We have been contacted by one our protein suppliers that whey protein concentrate in these lot numbers has been voluntarily recalled.

These lots have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections
(i.e. infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

NO ILLNESSES HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO DATE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROBLEM.

Salmonella was found at a plant contracted by our supplier. It was not found in the whey.

All The Whey's product with the potential for contamination tested negative for Salmonella. The tests were performed by one of the most highly respected and trusted labs in the United States. The lab is fully certified by both the USDA and the FDA.

If you purchased any of these lot numbers, return the product, and we will promptly replace it. Once again these lot numbers were produced in April or May of 2009.

All the Whey, Inc.
1-800-866-1970

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have one with that lot number but I cannot go without protein. Its the only bag I have right now.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm eat chicken eggs fish steak turkey ect or possible blody diarreah and illness? I'd rather the first one!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah but I have already dipped into it and nothing has gone wrong. But I really am in need of whey protein right now as I am on a cut......

itzgambino

Awards
i as well have one with the lot numbers, I am already half way through the tub though and am fine, still necessary to send it back or should I be fine?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you wanna take a chance and be out of the gym a couple days? not me :)
I dont see a problem with it but i dont wanna take a chance ya know?

ahendi

Awards
The chocolate caramel I called you guys about 2 weeks ago is part of this recall. I called because the taste was unbearable. I tried to send it in for an exchange but was denied. I threw it out over a week ago because I suspected something was wrong with it. Maybe you have a record of the call? Is there anything I can do since I already threw the tub away

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I have one of those lot numbers that puchased via nutraplanet. Do I return it via NutraPlanet or All The Whey?

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
Do you wanna take a chance and be out of the gym a couple days? not me :)
I dont see a problem with it but i dont wanna take a chance ya know?
be very careful. if and when salmonella gets to you, it'll keep you out of the gym for a very long time...

itzgambino

Awards
very true, I Would hate for something like that to come back and bite me, so what is the proper protocol for returning it

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Hell, I just checked and I have an almost full tub of 9171 and an almost empty bag of 9115. Crap this is frustrating.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell, I just checked and I have an almost full tub of 9171 and an almost empty bag of 9115. Crap this is frustrating.
agreed for sure man.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
Well

I got 10 lbs of Choc PB and 5 lbs of Cinnamin Bun (which I despise!!!!) that i will be returning.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I have two tubs That I received last week from np who do I return it too... or is it safe?

ahendi

Awards
The chocolate caramel I called you guys about 2 weeks ago is part of this recall. I called because the taste was unbearable. I tried to send it in for an exchange but was denied. I threw it out over a week ago because I suspected something was wrong with it. Maybe you have a record of the call? Is there anything I can do since I already threw the tub away
I also have 3 near full 5 lb tubs that are recalled. Would it just be possible to mail the labels in? Sending 15 lbs of protein in would be costly.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I also have 3 near full 5 lb tubs that are recalled. Would it just be possible to mail the labels in? Sending 15 lbs of protein in would be costly.
I agree completely.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
That is my issue as well, I hate to pay shipping for protein and then have to wait for more. Plus I am a loyal ATW customer so that is the only protein I have.:damnit:

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I have 10lbs that need to be returned. Will we be reimbursed for shipping? Sending in the labels would be much easier for customers...and I would think much cheaper for ATW. That is unless ATW needs to return the recalled product to their distrubutors.

ahendi

Awards
Agreed. I have 10lbs that need to be returned. Will we be reimbursed for shipping? Sending in the labels would be much easier for customers...and I would think much cheaper for ATW. That is unless ATW needs to return the recalled product to their distrubutors.
Atw is the distributors. Just give em some time to sort everything out and I'm sure they'll offer an economical return option, hopefully

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dammit, looks like all 25lbs of mine is in there. Although i'm reading on killing salmonella, looks like 24 hours at 100 degress farenheit kills it. trying to find better data :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
ah fek me too

i'm half way through one tub though and feel fine

Ession

Awards
Damn my Micellar Casein is one of these lot numbers........But you didn't state Casein up there as one being recalled.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are paying for the return shipping, from what I`ve heard from other customers. I haven`t heard to anybody getting sick actually, and I went through 10lbs of the `questionable`lots. It hasn`t been found in the protein, just somewhere in the facility from what I understood .

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant say that I have gotten sick off half my bag, but I dont really wanna take the chance ya know? Then again I would feel bad because I have taken half of it and I would be getting a free bag prettty much in place of my old one.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
i just wanted to be sure that the whey protein ISOLATE is not included in this minor mishap. i just received my 15 lb order of whey isolates from NP the other day and want to be sure that i dont need to do any exchanging as i am going out of town for a month on monday and was planning on taking all 15 lbs with me lol.

sncaufield

Awards
i just wanted to be sure that the whey protein ISOLATE is not included in this minor mishap. i just received my 15 lb order of whey isolates from NP the other day and want to be sure that i dont need to do any exchanging as i am going out of town for a month on monday and was planning on taking all 15 lbs with me lol.
No, just proteins that include whey protein concentrate. You're okay with the isolate.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got a questionable lot also (cinn. bun). I'ma return it.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
NOW Foods also had a recall on theirs.. No big deal IMO though.. Were not old sedentary farts, so theres not a big chance that we get really affected by it...

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
You guys sent me a 1lb sample bag around this time of the concentrate. but, there were no numbers printed on bag jus name of product....?????

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it wasn't found in the whey, I'm not worried. I've already been using my tub for ~5 days now.

ahendi

Awards
One ofmy isolate tubs is part of the recalled batches.

MHA

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm f^cked! I got 3 of the refill bags from nutra back when they had the sale and have finished 1 5lb tub with no sides I have 1 5lb in a diff tub and no bag and have 1 un opened bag, that's how come I know at least 1 bag is on the recall. So I'm guessing cause 1 bag is on recall and since I bought them at the same time its all 3 I had boughten right?

Ps I don't have the other bags no more! Would this be a problem?

What to do???

PSS and any one know if bloating is a bad sign? I kind of have been bloated a lot.

But nothing else.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Bloating could be from almost anything. do you take any product that has creatine? also if you've already been through a whole bag, and you aren't sick yet then you are probably fine. imo opinion that is.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay... just so everyone who claim they have been through half a tub of their whey knows... bacteria would not be dispersed 100% through the whey. It could be the very last scoop of the bag that can be tainted, and you end up in the ****ter.

Also, saying we are not old farts and shouldnt get infected is pretty insignificant as well. Considering anyone at any given time can have a reduced immune system due to using cortisol suppressants, anabolic diets, or anabolic's in general.

Get it returned, and get another bag. I just hope ATW picks up their nuts, and not treat this problem like their past problems. They are great when things are rolling nicely, but if a hiccup happens they seemingly disappear.

Adams

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
When I dug through all four of my bottles they all had were from th elot numbers above listed. I just got two brand new completely full ones, but I had already been through two complete tubs. I'm not sick or show any signs associated with bacteria. imo The company is just playing it safe so they dont get busted by the fda in case there ever is any found in any product. Plus the fact that they found it in a part of the warehouse that doesn't process food makes it kinda just like lets be safe.... I'm safe, i' not hurt, why return product if its fine to me...?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This reasonable behavior is not conducive to mass hysteria. Give it a rest!
:lol:
Is it so easy to tell the people who are over 35 and have more than 1 child? ;)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried calling them but they were closed, and I left a message and still nothing.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys,
I just want to reassure you guys that this is a voluntary recall. A huge supplier to lots of companies in America was found with Salmonella in their plant on a piece of machinery, Not in the product and the FDA has very strict rules for this type of issue. We also get our products tested by independent companies and here is the link showing our certificates of analysis for the recalled product. It is Salmonella free: http://www.allthewhey.com/recallcerts1.html

We are doing the voluntary recall only to help our customers feel safe and reassured because the products are not contaminated and there are no cases of anyone getting sick. We are just following FDA suggestions and allowing you guys to send back products that you may not be comfortable with even if they are used. Just call us and we will give our UPS number to have it shipped back to us and a new product will be sent free of charge.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Could this be the reason why ALL of the Whey Protein Blend is now out of stock on NP? My order is good to go except the pending ATW Blend....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not bothering sending mine back i've decided, unless myself or someone else gets sick that is.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I went through two bags of this protein as well with no problems so I wouldn't be to worried guys. Im sure a ton of people out there have these lots because that is when Nutra had the big sale, and outside of a few people complaining the protein tasted off, I haven't heard of anyone complaining.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
dear ATW reps,

I am about to send back my whey. I was wondering if it is at all possible to swap a flavor on one of them? I have 2 choc PB. I want to try the Banana flavor and will pay the difference for the isolate. Please let me know.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dear ATW reps,

I am about to send back my whey. I was wondering if it is at all possible to swap a flavor on one of them? I have 2 choc PB. I want to try the Banana flavor and will pay the difference for the isolate. Please let me know.
:phone:
Just call us and we will give our UPS number to have it shipped back to us and a new product will be sent free of charge.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys,
I just want to reassure you guys that this is a voluntary recall. A huge supplier to lots of companies in America was found with Salmonella in their plant on a piece of machinery, Not in the product and the FDA has very strict rules for this type of issue. We also get our products tested by independent companies and here is the link showing our certificates of analysis for the recalled product. It is Salmonella free: http://www.allthewhey.com/recallcerts1.html

We are doing the voluntary recall only to help our customers feel safe and reassured because the products are not contaminated and there are no cases of anyone getting sick. We are just following FDA suggestions and allowing you guys to send back products that you may not be comfortable with even if they are used. Just call us and we will give our UPS number to have it shipped back to us and a new product will be sent free of charge.
Hey Marcus...I'm in Ontario, Canada and purchased two 5 lb. whey blend refill bags (one chocolate and one cinnamon bun) from lot #9115...I'm part way through each but would like to return them in exchange for a replacement product to be on the safe side...as it's typically much more expensive to ship items across the border, I'm wondering if the free UPS return shipping applies to us Canucks...thanks in advance...btw, both bags were purchased from Nutraplanet.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
I called today and was told that Marcus no longer works at ATW and someone else will be taking over the Online Board info.