A Resveratrol Supplement That Really Works Coming Soon!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This looks like another solid patch by age force.

Fact! Clinical trials and peer review papers prove that more than 99% of any orally ingested resveratrol supplements do not make it into your bloodstream, because they are broken down or metabolized by the bacteria in your gut, the cells in your intestine, and of course your liver - Liver First-Pass, the gatekeeper between the intestines and general blood circulation. As good as any oral resveratrol supplement may be, and however high the dosage level, less then 1% of the resveratrol is delivered to your bloodstream! Wikipedia - Resveratrol Bioavailability Of Resveratrol N.Y. Acad. Sci. ISSN 0077-8923

The Solution: Resveratrol is one of the most amazing supplements one can take for health, fitness, and longevity, but only if it gets delivered to your bloodstream, and that's why we are introducing this new patch in early February. Our R&D laboratory team has successfully formulated a transdermal time-release patch that delivers 75mg of pure pharmaceutical grade resveratrol directly to one's bloodstream so the wonderful benefits of resveratrol below can actually happen for you!
Anti-Aging
Powerful Antioxidant
Elevates Energy & Endurance
May Help To Prevent Certain Cancers & Cure
Reduced Risk Of Heart Disease
Anti Diabetic Effects
Skin Protection
May Help To Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease and Huntington's Disease
Anti-Inflammatory
Antiviral (herpes simplex virus and others)
Elevates Testosterone Levels
Opioid Tolerance Reduction

brianlukey

Awards
Hi djbombsquad,

I have some questions for you and the AgeForce team.

1. Why did the AgeForce R & D team decide on using a dose of 75 mg of resveratrol per patch?

2. In what form is the resveratrol - is it the trans-resveratrol form only, a combination of trans- and cis-resveratrol, or what exactly?

3. How much orally ingested resveratrol would need to be taken to equal the 75 mg in the AgeForce patch?

4. Will any other red wine polyphenols be included, such as quercetin, ferulic acid, etc.?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1) 75mg of Trans-resveratrol delivered directly to the bloodstream creates the same effects as have been observed in published in-vitro and animal studies.

2) Trans-resveratrol 3,4',5-Trihydroxy-trans-stilbene (The most advanced form with the most scientific back-up!)

3) 50 to 100 times! or 3,750mg to 7,500mg

4) No there is not by design. We did not want to reduce the amount of Resveratrol in favor or quercitin and or ferulic acid.

brianlukey

Awards
Thank very much for your answer. It was very good.

I'm concerned about the AgeForce Resveratrol patch being equivalent to an oral dose of resveratrol of 3,750 to 7,500 mg. I write this based on the latest scientific studies. I would really like to try this patch but only if one patch were equivalent to an oral dose of between 100 mg and 500 mg.

I don't mean to be a PIA for you, djbombsquad, but if you have the time and inclination sir, please ask AgeForce's R & D team (or other source) for a bit more evidence for the equivalency range you provided of 3,750 mg to 7,500 mg. For the sake of AgeForce I'm hoping there isn't much, if any, good evidence for that statement. Thank you very much for all your help in this regard. Have a good day, Brian

[edit: After posting the above, I spent time doing research and think I found the paper that is the source of your 3,750 to 7,500 mg oral equivalency statement.

I found the paper referenced on the Wikipedia resveratrol webpage [ en (dot) wikipedia (dot) org/wiki/Resveratrol ] in the subsection called "Pharmacokinetics".

The scientific paper that is referenced there is:

Walle T, Hsieh F, DeLegge MH, Oatis JE, Walle UK (December 2004). "High absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans". Drug Metab. Dispos. 32 (12): 1377–82. doi:10.1124/dmd.104.000885. PMID 15333514.

I can't comment on this study yet. But for me, that wikipedia page just raises more questions than it answers. Especially since it gives a very misleading impression about Sirtris and the true history of resveratrol, certainly when compared to the true history as told to us by resveratrol expert B. Sardi.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
It's based on the fact that resveratrol has a >1% oral bioavailability rate. Thus a 75mg (oral) dose of resveratrol would yield only .75mg (at the very best; 75 X .01 = .75)

So a 75mg dose of oral resveratrol yielding only .75mg (at the most) would need to be dosed atleast 100 times (7500mg orally to absorb 75mg)

75mg X 100 = 7500mg (oral)
.75mg(what is actually absorbed) X 100 = 75mg

Regardless I wouldn't worry if the high dose throws you off as resveratrol has been studied up to very high doses (can't recall of the top of my head) without toxicity issues.

EDIT:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20013887/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21261636/

Study on bioavailability & on toxicity (not much) but hope this helps

brianlukey

Awards
Thanks for your reply, Mr. MultiVitamin. I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Your first link leads us to a review article by C.H. Cottart. It is not a scientific study per se; just a review. Quoting that article's abstract: "These data are important in the context of human efficacy studies, and they provide further support for the use of resveratrol as a pharmacological drug in human medicine."

This would indicate to me that Cottart (or whomever wrote that abstract) has a bias against safe, health-promoting supplements in favor of patentable (toxic) drugs. If I'm wrong about that please provide some reasons why. The sentence I quoted just above seems clear we should discount the Cottart's article as support for asserting that one needn't worry about high doses of resveratrol. In fact, there is a lot of evidence to the contrary.

It seems AgeForce is operating under the mistaken belief that the low bioavailabilty of Trans-resveratrol is a bad thing. It is not. The fact that humans transform the orally ingested molecule (temporarily) into other compounds is a very good thing indeed. It allows the resveratrol molecule to be transported (preferentially, but not entirely) to where it is needed most (areas of inflammation, for example), only to be transformed back into trans-resveratrol. I only wish AgeForce had done more research in the area of resveratrol supplementation before embarking upon this dead-end road. Using an oral equivalent of 3,750 mg or more of resveratrol seemingly is a dead-end.

The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be that the AgeForce Multi-Direct patch has a more reasonable daily dose. Better to stick with that patch, I think, than risk one'e health on the resveratrol patch. At least until the balance of the evidence has swung in favor of using the equivalent of a 3,750-7,500 mg oral dose. Who knows - maybe the time release function of a patch would make it a worthy or even desirable thing to try. But I, for one, would rather wait until we can be more certain of that.

Readers might consider looking at the following article before using the Resveratrol patch:

www (dot) resveratrolnews (dot) com/is-humanity-passing-up-the-greatest-life-force-ever-discovered/443/

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be that the AgeForce Multi-Direct patch has a more reasonable daily dose. Better to stick with that patch, I think, than risk one'e health on the resveratrol patch. At least until the balance of the evidence has swung in favor of using the equivalent of a 3,750-7,500 mg oral dose. Who knows - maybe the time release function of a patch would make it a worthy or even desirable thing to try. But I, for one, would rather wait until we can be more certain of that.
Brian I though tyou might find this below helpful on toxic doses of resveratrol from examine.com:

15. Safety and Toxicity

15.1. General

Resveratrol appears to be well-tolerated by rats continuously at dosages up to 100mg/kg bodyweight,[262] 400mg/kg bodyweight, and no adverse effects have been noted at 750mg/kg bodyweight trans-resveratrol.[211] Some adverse effects were noted in animals at 300mg/kg bodyweight, but may have been reflected of increased absorption kinetics by gavage feeding.[263] This may be of a concern to micronized resveratrol (with enhanced absorption) if taken in similar dosages.

The No Observable Adverse Effect Limit (NOAEL) of resveratrol appears to be 200mg/kg bodyweight in rats and 600mg/kg bodyweight in beagle dogs.[264]

In humans, up to 5g have been taken with no side effects outside of some intestinal upset[265] and nausea.[67] Micronization of resveratrol at this dosage showed the severity of symptoms decrease, indicating that nausea and intestinal upset are caused by resveratrol's poor bioavailability.[67]

A large amount of in vitro (in glass; not living bodies) evidence suggests that resveratrol can harbor toxic effects, but these studies are typically conducted at concentrations that are well beyond feasible with supplementation.

While your concerns are valid I think the above studies might paint more of a picture on large doses. So to summarize most ill effects (mild ones at that) are at both ridiculous levels using non-micronization. On the NOAEL is the average the rat and beagle limits to be conservative (humans typically much higher) thats 400mg/kg. So a 70 kg man would be around 28 grams a day, far more than the patch.

Is it right for everyone? I cant say but I think its a reasonable dosage backed up with studies showing well within limits.

brianlukey

Awards
Thanks for the posting and the references you gave me, sheepdog.tx.

My #1 concern is for the safety and well-being of the supplement users. I am fearful that I will cause financial harm to Carl Lanore because I really like him and the work he is doing, but by pointing out the evidentiary shortcomings of some decisions by the AgeForce R&D team, I might create a hornet's nest and cost Mr. Lanore one of his longstanding advertisers. What would you do in this case? Do you perceive the dilemma I'm in? (My moral conscience compels me to continue down the road I've started on here, the money and advertisers be damned {if need be}.)

Mr. Sardi has posted often about the scientific work of Deepak Das, Ph.D. Das' scientific work is the main support for Sardi's contention that a safe, effective oral dose of reseratrol is between 100 milliigrams and about 375 milligrams (100-375 mg). Mr. Sardi responded in writing to me personally saying the new patch would be equivalent to a toxic dose. And that the AgeForce formulators don't know what they're doing in formulating the current AgeForce resveratrol patch. Mr. Sardi sent me a reference to a scientific article on this topic that sent shivers down my spine. I'll post or private message that link for you if you'd like.

The following Bill Sardi article will make for very interesting reading, I assure you. Have a great day.

www (dot) resveratrolnews.com/the-absurdities-of-marketing-resveratrol/163/

(The whole article is worth reading, but especially the part where Bill Sardi writes...)

Quote: ``Most of the resveratrol that circulates in the blood is conjugated (attached) to detoxification molecules (glucuronate, sulfate) in the liver, since resveratrol is perceived as a potential toxin by the body. This is what turns on all the body’s defenses and produces the many health benefits attributed to resveratrol.

So how does resveratrol get un-tethered from these detox molecules so it can pass through cells walls and the blood brain barrier? Nature has its own resveratrol delivery system. An unzipping enzyme called glucuronidase is abundantly produced at sites of inflammation, infection and malignancy. This frees resveratrol from its carrier molecule and delivers what is called “free” unbound resveratrol at the right time and place.

The claim by any entity that they have invented a more bioavailable form of resveratrol is patently false.``

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Brian all great topics and input, but I think our research on both sides is good but inconclusive. Your concerns are valid, we need to make sure people are safe so I would escalate your questions to the Ageforce support line and ask what testing what done on this, I'm sure they have some information that might put your mind to ease. :)

brianlukey

Awards
I found some food for thought in this recent article by Bill Sardi. It has quite a few grammatical errors, especially unforgivable for someone like Sardi who studied journalism and calls himself a health journalist. But I can forgive those in light of the unparalleled research and writing he is doing in the area of supplementation and anti-aging medicine. The jist of the following article is that the human body attaches detox molecules to the trans-resveratrol molecule in the liver, that the resulting molecules travel around the body to where they are needed most, and then the body cleaves the detox molecule from the conjugated molecule thereby transforming it back into a trans-resveratrol molecule. This is really cool IMO. Of course for those who are as wise as serpents, such as Mr. Sardi, we find out also that there are those who are working to hijack this wonderful therapeutic agent for their own pecuniary reward at the expense of everyone else. This is a great article:

www (dot) resveratrolnews (dot) com/resveratrol-truths-falsehoods/895/

{BTW, I emailed Steve L. at AgeForce and directed his attention to this thread. I received answers for my initial four questions (same answers as I received above). That's not satisfactory but I think I've used up enough of Steve's time the past few months with my past product orders. Steve is in sales. He's not in research. He's doing a great job in sales and customer support. But he's not the man behind the curtain calling the shots there in terms of new product development and product safety.}

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
I found some food for thought in this recent article by Bill Sardi. It has quite a few grammatical errors, especially unforgivable for someone like Sardi who studied journalism and calls himself a health journalist. But I can forgive those in light of the unparalleled research and writing he is doing in the area of supplementation and anti-aging medicine. The jist of the following article is that the human body attaches detox molecules to the trans-resveratrol molecule in the liver, that the resulting molecules travel around the body to where they are needed most, and then the body cleaves the detox molecule from the conjugated molecule thereby transforming it back into a trans-resveratrol molecule. This is really cool IMO. Of course for those who are as wise as serpents, such as Mr. Sardi, we find out also that there are those who are working to hijack this wonderful therapeutic agent for their own pecuniary reward at the expense of everyone else. This is a great article:

www (dot) resveratrolnews (dot) com/resveratrol-truths-falsehoods/895/

{BTW, I emailed Steve L. at AgeForce and directed his attention to this thread. I received answers for my initial four questions (same answers as I received above). That's not satisfactory but I think I've used up enough of Steve's time the past few months with my past product orders. Steve is in sales. He's not in research. He's doing a great job in sales and customer support. But he's not the man behind the curtain calling the shots there in terms of new product development and product safety.}
Thanks for the article and input Brian, some food for thought.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks !