Hyper Pump Review by Mixelflick - AnabolicMinds.com

Hyper Pump Review by Mixelflick

  1. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Hyper Pump Review by Mixelflick


    Hello everyone,

    First workout today with Hyper Pump. Here are my impressions:

    Taste: 10/10

    Reminded me of those freeze pops I had as a child. Keep in mind I'm a "buy the raws no matter how they taste" kind of guy. But by any measure, this was a pleasure to drink.

    Pump: 9/10

    Even though I train like a powerlifter, I noted a significant difference in terms of fullness. Big fan of malates in general and the arginine/citrulline malates in the product compliment each other nicely.

    Workload Capacity: 9.5/10

    Here is where the product really shines, IMO. Seemed like I had an extra rep or two in me every set. Surprising. I suspect this is the beta-alanine.

    Convenience: 10/10

    I'm busy, so popping the little shot bottle open and slamming it was a pleasure.

    Overall: To be determined.

    I only have one suggestion to improve the product: Switch out the glutamine for N-Acetyl Cysteine. I'm no fan of glutamine unless it's 10+ grams at a shot. NAC isn't a volumizer, but in terms of replenishing glutathione and contributing to long term health/performance, I think it has it all over glutamine. The lemon-lime flavor is also one of the few that would mask the taste of NAC. Just my $.02.

    For the first outing, I was very impressed. Can't wait to see where I'm at after the dirty dozen are gone.

  2. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Forgot to note I'm on the Anabolic Diet so this workout was after 5 full days of carb depletion on maintenance calories.

    After reading more, I think I might be underestimating the effect of the glycerol. This goes WAY back but in Mauro DiPasquale's original supplement review book he cites glycerol as having some rather unique effects, especially when used with such a diet.
  3. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Good Start...I m anxious to see your results after the dozen too!!
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Second workout completed.

    Everything is coming along quite nice. Felt a more pronounced energy boost this AM as I downed HP on an empty stomach. Big difference with yohimbe hcl on an empty stomach vs. with food for me.

    Pump was good but again the workload capacity is what hits me the most. I think the increased water I hold from the glycerin is helping a lot, particularly during the week (I'm on low carbs during the week).

    I hit 295 for 2 sets of 5 today on the bench which was right on schedule according to my chart. Onward and upward..
  5. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Second workout completed.

    Everything is coming along quite nice. Felt a more pronounced energy boost this AM as I downed HP on an empty stomach. Big difference with yohimbe hcl on an empty stomach vs. with food for me.

    Pump was good but again the workload capacity is what hits me the most. I think the increased water I hold from the glycerin is helping a lot, particularly during the week (I'm on low carbs during the week).

    I hit 295 for 2 sets of 5 today on the bench which was right on schedule according to my chart. Onward and upward..

    Awesome man!! Yeah your workload capacity should go up do to the BA as well. Man I gotta start another go of this stuff...you guys are getting me excited about my own damn product..lol. GOOD WORK!
  6. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    3rd workout down.

    Tripled 320 on the bench and 150 on a arm rows all with good form. Despite the low reps I definately feel more "inflated" than usual.

    Beta-alanine tingles were there too. I guess at this point I'd describe this product as "solid". That is, you can slam one and feel/see some pretty unique things going on short term during the workout. I would imagine with everyday use the combination of elevated carnosine levels and endurance from citrulline malate would be pretty sweet too. Now, if only I were lean enough to have glycerol shine through
  7. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    3rd workout down.

    Tripled 320 on the bench and 150 on a arm rows all with good form. Despite the low reps I definately feel more "inflated" than usual.

    Beta-alanine tingles were there too. I guess at this point I'd describe this product as "solid". That is, you can slam one and feel/see some pretty unique things going on short term during the workout. I would imagine with everyday use the combination of elevated carnosine levels and endurance from citrulline malate would be pretty sweet too. Now, if only I were lean enough to have glycerol shine through

    You'll get there. How long are the effects lasting for you?

    LD
  8. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post
    You'll get there. How long are the effects lasting for you?

    LD
    Effects last about 2-3 hours. The yohimbe stays with me a bit longer than the pump does. What I enjoy is the glycerol, I think. It helps hydrate me during the week when I'm on low carbs and it's a b!tch keeping your set to set performance up in that environment. That's where the product really shines for me.

    Last few workouts have been more of the same. Consistent pumps, better hydration and workload capacity is better. I'm going to try a double shot next session to see if there's a difference...
  9. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Effects last about 2-3 hours. The yohimbe stays with me a bit longer than the pump does. What I enjoy is the glycerol, I think. It helps hydrate me during the week when I'm on low carbs and it's a b!tch keeping your set to set performance up in that environment. That's where the product really shines for me.

    Last few workouts have been more of the same. Consistent pumps, better hydration and workload capacity is better. I'm going to try a double shot next session to see if there's a difference...

    Definitely good to know. yeah dieting sucks....that's a new development for Hyper Pump. Originally made for just pre-workout...you have opened my eyes.....NICE.

    LD
  10. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post
    Definitely good to know. yeah dieting sucks....that's a new development for Hyper Pump. Originally made for just pre-workout...you have opened my eyes.....NICE.

    LD
    Maybe a powder you could take every day to build carnosine/atp levels and improve hydration via the glycerol? I was thinking of that yesterday.
  11. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Maybe a powder you could take every day to build carnosine/atp levels and improve hydration via the glycerol? I was thinking of that yesterday.

    Not a bad idea
  12. Advanced Member
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    3554

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post
    Not a bad idea
    Well, getting down to the last 2 bottles. Here is my mini-review:

    1.) Does in fact, deliver a solid pump
    2.) Does so via multiple actives (Glycerol, Arginine Malate, Citrulline Malate etc.)
    3.) Improves workload capacity (Beta-alanine)
    4.) Tastes great.

    Your biggest selling point here is.. no pills and it works fast. You just slam it and don't have to think about it. The little shooter bottles travel well. Being small, I can even get it on a plane as a liquid (although it's borderline). I hope you look into a powder version/look harder at adding NAC, but that's just me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review this product. It caused me to give 1AD/4AD a second look after I initially dismissed them.
  13. Board Sponsor
    LazeDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    958

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Well, getting down to the last 2 bottles. Here is my mini-review:

    1.) Does in fact, deliver a solid pump
    2.) Does so via multiple actives (Glycerol, Arginine Malate, Citrulline Malate etc.)
    3.) Improves workload capacity (Beta-alanine)
    4.) Tastes great.

    Your biggest selling point here is.. no pills and it works fast. You just slam it and don't have to think about it. The little shooter bottles travel well. Being small, I can even get it on a plane as a liquid (although it's borderline). I hope you look into a powder version/look harder at adding NAC, but that's just me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to review this product. It caused me to give 1AD/4AD a second look after I initially dismissed them.

    No problem thank you for the great log. I will suggest a powder form. powder would cost less to ship and bring our overall cost of the product down. Maybe have two verison's one with powder and one without. I do like the convience of taking it to the gym and just killing right before the workout. No mixing...

    LD
  14. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,384
    Rep Power
    956431

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    this sounds like a real positive product. After my run with hypertrop-x I will give this a go
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Trauma1's review of "Hyper Pump" and "Nocturnabol."
    By Trauma1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
  2. Crushed Personal Best With Hyper Pump!
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
  3. Hypertrop-x/Hyper PUMP log (sponsored)
    By Speed321 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
  4. Hyper Pump Reviews
    By Red Dog in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. New Product Hyper Pump FREE!!
    By LazeDragon in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in