Lucidrol: Why not for women?

1. Registered User

Lucidrol: Why not for women?

My wife and I usually workout together so she uses almost all of my pre-workout supps. When I showed her all the great reviews for Lucidrol she was psyched and told me to order a box. The box came in today and she was very disappointed to read that it is not for use by women. I was wondering what the risks are if she did take one? Thank for any info.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

ya that is odd that women cant take it.
    Follow me on instagram for:Workout advice and tips, Diet pics, Inspirational pics, And best....pics of me!!!! haha
    INSTAGRAM: GUN_WALKER3
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Lucidrol is actually fine for women to take. We made a mistake proofing the box on the first run. It's actually corrected and the newest boxes will not say that on it. Sorry about that.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

4. Registered User

Thanks for the info. She's gonna be psyched!
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1sizefitsall View Post
    Thanks for the info. She's gonna be psyched!
    How do you/her like it?
    Advanced Muscle Science
  6. Registered User

I've only tried it for my last 2 workouts and I honestly can't say that I noticed a huge difference. I'm doing the Bill Star 5x5 routine and I'm usually not "dialed in" until I my last 2 sets of squats. Lucidrol didn't change that. Just didn't seem to be anymore focused or motivated than I usually am. I'm also self admitted stim junky. I rotate between n.o. xplode, jack3d, venom, ragnrok etc. so maybe my brains all burned out from that stuff. But I've been using reset a.d. for the past month and that stuff has made jack3d work w/ 1 scoop again. So maybe I'm not burned out? I don't know.
    As for my wife, she said it was great! She's a photographer and spends marathon time on her computer editing and publishing photos. She said she blasted through 5 hours of work the other night w/out ever stopping to check her email or facebook. For her that's unheard of. She usually grabs one of my venom's when she's working late but said she didn't need it this time. Glad it worked for her. But then again, jack3d works great for me but just gives her a brain splitting headache.
    So I don't know if it's my stim use or just our different physiology. I'm gonna keep using them til there gone and hope at some point that I get 1/2 the effect my wife gets from them.
  7. Registered User

I've only tried it for my last 2 workouts and I honestly can't say that I noticed a huge difference. I'm doing the Bill Star 5x5 routine and I'm usually not "dialed in" until I my last 2 sets of squats. Lucidrol didn't change that. Just didn't seem to be anymore focused or motivated than I usually am. I'm also self admitted stim junky. I rotate between n.o. xplode, jack3d, venom, ragnrok etc. so maybe my brains all burned out from that stuff. But I've been using reset a.d. for the past month and that stuff has made jack3d work w/ 1 scoop again. So maybe I'm not burned out? I don't know.
    As for my wife, she said it was great! She's a photographer and spends marathon time on her computer editing and publishing photos. She said she blasted through 5 hours of work the other night w/out ever stopping to check her email or facebook. For her that's unheard of. She usually grabs one of my venom's when she's working late but said she didn't need it this time. Glad it worked for her. But then again, jack3d works great for me but just gives her a brain splitting headache.
    So I don't know if it's my stim use or just our different physiology. I'm gonna keep using them til there gone and hope at some point that I get 1/2 the effect my wife gets from them.
    Are you taking it with caffeine?
    Advanced Muscle Science
  8. Registered User

I haven't taken it w/ my pre-workout until today. Still difficult to say if it did anything. Maybe a little more focused, but I also know I'm pretty susceptible to the placebo effect. I really wish it had the dramatic affect on me that it has on my wife.
  9. Registered User

I haven't taken it w/ my pre-workout until today. Still difficult to say if it did anything. Maybe a little more focused, but I also know I'm pretty susceptible to the placebo effect. I really wish it had the dramatic affect on me that it has on my wife.
    Well, to be honest if you're used to taking pre-workout caffeine then this probably won't do much for you sans the caffeine. That said, you should notice a difference if you combine the two. Try a couple capsules with a 200mg caffeine tablet.
    Advanced Muscle Science
  10. Registered User

Hey thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  87 lbs.

I definately think this is worth a try.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeerdre View Post
    ya that is odd that women cant take it.

Not at all. Why would we want our women focused and sharp? It's harder to get out of arguments when they're mentally clear.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Not at all. Why would we want our women focused and sharp? It's harder to get out of arguments when they're mentally clear.
    LOL!! Truer words were never spoken!
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

That was the primary reasons for putting it on the box. ...lol
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. lucidrol for sleep
    By JN230 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5