Customize your Body Mortar!

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Customize your Body Mortar!

So, I've been using this product for the last few months...since it came out really...and I've continually been impressed. From the ingredient profile, to taste, it really is a simple but outstanding formula.

In talking to other members, the major complaint that I hear about the product is the fact that it contains simple carbs. Before I go further, I will state that I feel this is a strength of the product...but others may disagree. Hence the reason for this post.

Anyways, I've been doing some experimenting with Body Mortar (both the fruit punch flavor and blue raspberry) and mixing it with some other products to slightly alter its ingredient profile...mainly to push it more heavily on the BCAA side and in effect lower the carb content.

Both of the Body Mortar flavors are top notch, and unlike some other BCAA products like Xtend, are not overpowering. While I do love Xtend, man it can get overly sweet after a few sips. I often find myself adding more and more water to dilute the product...I'm not saying that's a bad thing however as that's how I prefer to supplement my BCAA's.

First I tried adding some bulk unflavored BCAA's to body mortar. The results were okay, but I was able to notice some of that funky BCAA aftertaste. Then I remembered that I still had some Xtend laying around - orange flavor.

I combined 3/4 scoop of fruit punch Body Mortar with 2 scoops of orange Xtend...bringing the nutrient profile up to the following:

Carbohydrates - 22.5g
    L-Leucine - 8.75g
    L-Isoleucine - 3.07g
    L-Valine - 3.07g
    Glutamine - 4.38g
    Citrulline Malate - 1g

Carbohydrate total = 22.5g
    BCAA total = 19.28g

...so about a 1:1 carb:BCAA ratio.

Now this brings me to flavor...and all I can say is wow! The orange xtend (which I'm not a huge fan of honestly) and the fruit punch body mortar combination was outstanding! By far the best tasting BCAA containing product I've ever tried...and IMO better than either product alone!

This got me to trying some other successful flavor combos:

1 scoop Body Mortar fruit punch + 3 scoops of orange xtend = more of the same!

3/4 scoop fruit punch Body Mortar + 2 scoops watermelon xtend

3/4 scoop blue rasp Body Mortar + 2 scoops grape xtend

...I will be trying more combos over the next few days/weeks and will update this thread. My hope is that others will try to experiment a bit and add their own Body Mortar "recipes".

***Disclaimer: even though I am an AMS rep, the above post is my own personal opinions/ideas and are not necessarily endorsed by AMS***
    Advanced Muscle Science

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ragnarok Ultra + Body Mortar

I wanted to spice up my pre-workout Body Mortar today to give it a bit of an NO supplement kick. I had some blue-razz Ragnarok (caffeine free) laying around so I figured I'd try them together:

3/4 scoop blue rasp Body Mortar + 1.5 scoops Ragnarok ultra (caffeine free) + 1 cap vapor-xt

Results:
    Flavor - 7/10
    Pump - much better than either product on their own
    Stimulant effect - 8/10 Great workout with this combo. Vapor xt is one of the best stimulants on the market. Adding it to to the caffeine free ragnarok was outstanding.

Would I try it again? Certainly. This combo is a winner and well worth a try!
    Advanced Muscle Science
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice combos there quigs. I'm going to have to try some of those. I dont even use protein powders right now. Strictly body mortar and I'm seeing good results.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Nice combos there quigs. I'm going to have to try some of those. I dont even use protein powders right now. Strictly body mortar and I'm seeing good results.
    Yea, i agree. I feel much better around workout time substituting the free form BCAAs for a protein shake. I used to use xtend, but I've noticed much better results when I combine them with some carbs. No more hypoglycemic feeling (nausea, fatigue, dizziness, etc). I've also noticed that I've been able to maintain mental clarity for much longer throughout the workout while using the Body Mortar.
    Advanced Muscle Science
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.17%

Quote Originally Posted by quigs View Post
    Yea, i agree. I feel much better around workout time substituting the free form BCAAs for a protein shake. I used to use xtend, but I've noticed much better results when I combine them with some carbs. No more hypoglycemic feeling (nausea, fatigue, dizziness, etc). I've also noticed that I've been able to maintain mental clarity for much longer throughout the workout while using the Body Mortar.
    I might try some in my intrabolic. I really dont like the taste of intrabolic and have been avoiding it...
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.71%

Sounds like you are having fun. I've been using Body Mortar for 1 wk now and love it. I couldn't agree more with you in regards to your flavor comparison to xtend. I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to do my review/log of it. But until then I'll say that so far I think Body Mortar has become my mainstay for BCAA's. As far as the simple carbs go, considering the times that I take it, I am not worried about them being simple and even like the idea as well.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Body Mortar does have the best taste out of all the BCAA products I've tried, going to have to give the FP/Orange a try!
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  8. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Ive been mixing my pre-work out serving of Mortar with NO-Xplode talk about a awesome combination!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.71%

So, I mixed my Fruit Punch Body Mortar with some orange flavor and I have to agree it is pretty damn good. Might be a flavor worth considering down the road to make.

Still, I have a hard time not just drinking my Body Mortar all day long. As it is I drink it in the am and either leading into my workout or during it. Depends on how intense my workout is. On the really hard days and hard runs I just can't drink anything, but water. However, Body Mortar is the first supplement drink I've tried that I do like to drink at times during my workouts. If I am doing a hard or long run I just drink it about 30 min prior and again just after.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    So, I mixed my Fruit Punch Body Mortar with some orange flavor and I have to agree it is pretty damn good. Might be a flavor worth considering down the road to make.

Still, I have a hard time not just drinking my Body Mortar all day long. As it is I drink it in the am and either leading into my workout or during it. Depends on how intense my workout is. On the really hard days and hard runs I just can't drink anything, but water. However, Body Mortar is the first supplement drink I've tried that I do like to drink at times during my workouts. If I am doing a hard or long run I just drink it about 30 min prior and again just after.
    Its really good with the watermelon xtend as well...not quite on par with the orange though. Its weird, bc I honestly don't like orange xtend on its own very much but when mixed with body mortar its awesome.

I wish that I had some more xtend flavors laying around.

I actually put some glucuronolactone/bulk leucine powder in as well and was quite pleased. This made a great pre-workout mix along with a cap of vapor-xt. It does't give the stomach upset that I get with a lot of the NO supplements and I still get quite a pump from the citrulline malate in xtend.
    Advanced Muscle Science

Similar Forum Threads

1. Body Mortar SALE!
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM
  2. Blowing my body out of the water with AMS Body Mortar- Review
    By schwellington in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
  3. $15 OFF body mortar !!!
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Advanced Muscle Science