what's up PA?

bossman523

Banned
Awards
how are you tonight, my friend? how has the weekend been?

bossman523

Banned
Awards
were those questions not advanced enough for you?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established

bossman523

Banned
Awards
I enjoyed reading your article on ursolic acid, PA. i have stocked up on apples

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards

bossman523

Banned
Awards
Patrick, when you look into your crystal ball, what do you see in regards to the future of the supplement industry?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Patrick, when you look into your crystal ball, what do you see in regards to the future of the supplement industry?
Probably the closing of this thread. ;)

bossman523

Banned
Awards
this is the people's thread. i predict there will be an uproar if it is deleted, and perhaps even a mutiny.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
PA, has anyone ever approached you regarding making a large quantity of Methyltrienolone?
if someone wanted it that bad they could get it from china

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
PA, has anyone ever approached you regarding making a large quantity of Methyltrienolone?
It's a bit complex, depending on the starting materials. A legal analog was proposed to me for a company, independent of Epharm of course. Initial studies show that it's too labor-intensive for someone with limited free time on his hands to do, moreover, the propensity for federal pound me in the ass prison time is too high.
ok sandusky
I laffed pretty hard at this...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It's a bit complex, depending on the starting materials. A legal analog was proposed to me for a company, independent of Epharm of course. Initial studies show that it's too labor-intensive for someone with limited free time on his hands to do, moreover, the propensity for federal pound me in the ass prison time is too high.I laffed pretty hard at this...
If you start with trenbolone its not that hard. You protect C3 as something like an oxime or semicarbazide, then oxidize C17 using oppenauer oxidation. Then methyl grignard followed by deprotection of C3

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
If you start with trenbolone its not that hard. You protect C3 as something like an oxime or semicarbazide, then oxidize C17 using oppenauer oxidation. Then methyl grignard followed by deprotection of C3
I was looking more into an acetal which required TMS-protected ethylene glycol (thanks to the enone) and the use of TMSOTf as a lewis acid. Never thought to look at oximes or any other functional group other than dithianes. However, using IBX, Hg amalgam, or I2 as deprotectants wasn't my idea of a fun time. Good idea is good though. I like the Barbier reaction better ;)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was looking more into an acetal which required TMS-protected ethylene glycol (thanks to the enone) and the use of TMSOTf as a lewis acid. Never thought to look at oximes or any other functional group other than dithianes. However, using IBX, Hg amalgam, or I2 as deprotectants wasn't my idea of a fun time. Good idea is good though. I like the Barbier reaction better ;)

why? why take a simple method with cheap reagents and do all that?