Work Urine Drug Test for New Job + DMAA?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.3%

Work Urine Drug Test for New Job + DMAA?

Hi Pat,

I took a product containing DMAA at 7pm on a Monday night. I took my urine drug test for my new job at 9am on Wednesday. Should I be concerned that the DMAA will come up as a "False Positive" for methamphetamine?

Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.74%

If you get a false-positive for amphetamines, they do another test.

Because DMAA is not a proper amphetamine that next test will say you are clean... The false positive only happens on the really stupid tests... But they test for false positives...
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.3%

Thanks bro, Would really be a nightmare if they didn't, but, your right, they are trained for this. I went to Lapcorp and they sent the sample out to an independent lab for testing. I contacted the lab, they told me a Dr. would contact me right away if there was an issue. I think I free in the clear. My future employer received the sample back on Jan 10th. I have heard nothing as of yet. If for some reason I have to retest, would you know the half-life of DMAA?

Quote Originally Posted by DatRep View Post
    If you get a false-positive for amphetamines, they do another test.

Because DMAA is not a proper amphetamine that next test will say you are clean... The false positive only happens on the really stupid tests... But they test for false positives...
    •   

4. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Hi Pat,

I took a product containing DMAA at 7pm on a Monday night. I took my urine drug test for my new job at 9am on Wednesday. Should I be concerned that the DMAA will come up as a "False Positive" for methamphetamine?

Thanks

You should have told the urine collectors what supplements you were taking first off

it should be clear from your urine by that time i am guessing anyway
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.3%

Your right was not using my head, not sure why the tester would not ask you if you are taking meds or supps... It's been awhile an I haven't heard anything from the lab or employer... I think I'm good to go... Don't think it's a good idea to followup with my future employer

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    You should have told the urine collectors what supplements you were taking first off

it should be clear from your urine by that time i am guessing anyway
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

Quote Originally Posted by ZAP24 View Post
    DMAA doesn't show up unless you have used a lot of it and is usually washed out of your system quickly. Wouldn't ever worry about it.
    I've been tested several times while taking it and nothing
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.65%

I don't know who on earth came up with this whole geranamine causes false positives, but I truly believe there is no way it can cause a positive. I know Pat has more experience with the literature on testing than I do though...
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
  8. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    I don't know who on earth came up with this whole geranamine causes false positives, but I truly believe there is no way it can cause a positive. I know Pat has more experience with the literature on testing than I do though...
    Its not proven but its speculated that it can interefere in an immunoassay.

J Anal Toxicol. 2011 Apr;35(3):183-7.
    Dimethylamylamine: a drug causing positive immunoassay results for amphetamines.

Vorce SP, Holler JM, Cawrse BM, Magluilo J Jr.
    Source

Division of Forensic Toxicology, Armed Forces Medical Examiner System, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 1413 Research Boulevard, Building 102, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA. shawn.vorce@us.army.mil

Abstract

The Department of Defense (DoD) operates six forensic urine drug-testing laboratories that screen close to 5 million urine samples for amphetamines yearly. Recently, the DoD laboratories have observed a significant decrease in the confirmation rates for amphetamines because of specimens screening positive by two separate immunoassays and confirming negative by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Previous studies conducted by the Division of Forensic Toxicology, Armed Force Institute of Pathology (AFIP) utilizing a GC-MS basic drug screen and a designer drug screen revealed no common compound or compound classes as to the cause of the immunoassay-positive results. Additional information obtained from an immunoassay vendor suggested the anorectic compound dimethylamylamine (DMAA) may be the cause of the false-positive screens. An additional 134 false-positive samples were received and analyzed using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS) for DMAA. LC-MS-MS analysis revealed the presence of DMAA in 92.3% of the false-positive samples at a concentration of approximately 6.0 mg/L DMAA, causing a positive screen on both immunoassay kits.

PMID: 21439156 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.74%

I think you guys are missing the point that DMAA is not an amphetamine, it has an incomplete benzene ring.

GC/MS will never be fooled. Maybe someone had weird results on a home-kit? Anyhow the people that do real drug testing (not some home kit) use much more advanced equipment...

A false positive is not a good thing, but proper equipment can determine if it is truly a "false positive".
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.3%

Latest update, I passed the drug test... man what a relief!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Latest update, I passed the drug test... man what a relief!
    we told ya' you would
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.5%

I did a self experiment by taking a pretty high dose of DMAA and testing my urine every 2 hours for amphetamines on the Roche Cobas e610 immunoassay... all of them negative. This was about a year ago. I was not regularly taking DMAA at the time, it was a single occurence of ingestion. Sometimes it depends on what analyzer they're using but Siemens Advia shows up negative, too.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
  4. drug test at new job - Methyl vol
    By emperorhorde in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM