any lean muscle supplements I could take?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Smile any lean muscle supplements I could take?

Im currently trying to lean up a little bit but id like to gain a little muscle too.
    Im training hard and my diet is a consistent 35:30:35 as not to have too high carbs and water retention (I get very high water from carbs)
    I would like to add something to help me out in the supplement department, maybe a DHEA metabolite or something else, preferably non hormonal seeing as my age is 18, unless it is a very safe hormone, id not like to take it.
    I currently have Fish oils, creatine, whey protein.
    Is there anything such as a recomp supplement I can take?
    also Im into my 2nd year of serious training now, just before people say Im a complete beginner, even though 2 years isnt very long.

Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dhea metablites are in the prohormone category so those are out. most supplements are bunk as hell unless you buy the bulk ingredients that work. that leaves you with diet, which has the most effect on how lean your gains will be. i, not talking about macro breakdown like you posted, but focus on finding your personal bmr, and eat barely over it. thepoint is to grow, not eat enough for extra cals to be stored for energy
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Diet is usually very important to me, I keep that one quite tight, so few faults occur there. I didnt realise they were prohormones too, would they cause suppression in the same way then? My BMR though is apparently around 1850, but with my activity and my size I know that if I have below 2400 I am not getting enough to grow. Ive heard of insulin mimickers and done a little research, would they be of any use here?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Diet + Alphamine works wonders.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.24%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

AP sounds right up your ally! It does the work separate from insulin.

I'm a riged keto guy but I do switch to traditional diets, with the implementation of AP. I've been using since its inception (former anabolic pump) and still love it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Im planning on bumping up my fat intake to 45% of my diet and lowering carbs to 25% or around that.
    What is this AP stuff?
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Diet is usually very important to me, I keep that one quite tight, so few faults occur there. I didnt realise they were prohormones too, would they cause suppression in the same way then? My BMR though is apparently around 1850, but with my activity and my size I know that if I have below 2400 I am not getting enough to grow. Ive heard of insulin mimickers and done a little research, would they be of any use here?
    they have the potential too, but nearly as bad as the methyls. theyre really the only "prohormones" left on the market becase most everything else is just a methylated steroid. dhea metablites have 2 conversions
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    they have the potential too, but nearly as bad as the methyls. theyre really the only "prohormones" left on the market becase most everything else is just a methylated steroid. dhea metablites have 2 conversions
    Luckily for me I am in the UK, so am able to get all of the above very easily if I decided on using one. Is there nothing really available to me for leaning me out a bit whilst helping be get that extra bit of muscle, even if I stayed at 165lbs and then dropped 3.5% fat then I'd be very happy!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

anyone else help?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Dropping 3.5% while maintaining mass would be a very successful recomp
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Id have to lose 5 pounds fat and gain 5 pounds muscle, if my calc is correct.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.24%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Im planning on bumping up my fat intake to 45% of my diet and lowering carbs to 25% or around that.
    What is this AP stuff?
    In a nutshell, AP activates GLUT4 in striated muscle cells without exercise or insulin. GLUT4 is a transport protein that is responsible for glucose disposal in muscle and fat cells. GLUT4 is activated by Insulin, exercise, or AP

You can also search "Anabolic Pump" theyre the same thing, AP is just the "new" version
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

Would anabeta elite be worth while at all?
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

a dozen supplements would be considered worth it.....any of our growth series products would work perfectly fine for your goals
    www.lgsciences.com
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.15%

From the sounds of it Ur-Spray would be perfect for you. It's a non-ph supplement that would work great for a recomp.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

can you run alphamine if your trying to gain mass? Would that be counter productive? And the best suppliment for staying lean : Chicken
  17. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.64%

Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    From the sounds of it Ur-Spray would be perfect for you. It's a non-ph supplement that would work great for a recomp.
    apologies for jumping in on what apparently has become the USP/PES forum but i concur that Ur spray is a great choicehttp://www.prototypenutrition.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode =UR
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar
    can you run alphamine if your trying to gain mass? Would that be counter productive? And the best suppliment for staying lean : Chicken
    Yes
    www.lgsciences.com
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.3%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

Yes
    Yes to which question
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar

Yes to which question
    You can use AM during a bulk, i use 1 scoop in the morn and currently in a light surplus
    www.lgsciences.com
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.3%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

You can use AM during a bulk, i use 1 scoop in the morn and currently in a light surplus
    Nice thanks.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.29%

BCAA, help mantaine muscle when cutting, there are better options, this is the easy and cheap.

..... And chicken breast, plenty of it
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.22%

Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    Yah! and there is tons of anecdotal and scientific evidence to prove it is efficacious. Just do a search on here for UR-Spray and look at some of the logs. All that other stuff....meh!
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.38%

I concur with the UR-Spray suggestion. I have used 4+ bottles and really like the product.

25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.95%

Would DHEA metabolites be safe for a 19 year old with proper PCT?
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i wouldnt suggest anything to a 19 year old for the sole fact that your endocrine system is not fully developed and you run the risk of ****ing with it by adding exo hormones to your body
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.57%

Does anybody else feel bad for patrick having to deal with the most basic of questions in the "advanced discussion" thread? Lol
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.22%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    Would DHEA metabolites be safe for a 19 year old with proper PCT?
    Probably , but I don't like recommending to youngsters, for this reason, you haven't had a chance to see what you can do without hormonal assistance. Work out hard and eat right, when you've plateaued and get stagnant then consider hormonal assistance. That shouldn't be for a long time. At your age your T-levels are high enjoy it while you can

29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.22%

Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    I concur with the UR-Spray suggestion. I have used 4+ bottles and really like the product.
    I am addicited and refuse to be without it or its brother Pump Spray

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.95%

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    Probably , but I don't like recommending to youngsters, for this reason, you haven't had a chance to see what you can do without hormonal assistance. Work out hard and eat right, when you've plateaued and get stagnant then consider hormonal assistance. That shouldn't be for a long time. At your age your T-levels are high enjoy it while you can
    I was just wondering. I probably won't do any anabolics yet cause I'm kind of freaked out at the thought of not growing anymore ever and possibly losing hair. It just pisses me off to see all these bastard kids that have lifted for 6 months already on their 3rd cycle and getting bigger and stronger than me . I'm still keeping up strength wise at least.
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan

I was just wondering. I probably won't do any anabolics yet cause I'm kind of freaked out at the thought of not growing anymore ever and possibly losing hair. It just pisses me off to see all these bastard kids that have lifted for 6 months already on their 3rd cycle and getting bigger and stronger than me . I'm still keeping up strength wise at least.
    just remember, the majority of the kids that do that so quickly arnt just the quitters, but they never learned their basics like how to diet. they will lose it all once they stop. its really soemthing when you can crank out 280 for reps on the bench all natty. the gear user kids will never dream of that strength because they dont know how to trai or eat correctly
  32. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.64%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    in the long run they will probably not reach their full potential as they would have if they had lifted natural for years first
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.95%

just remember, the majority of the kids that do that so quickly arnt just the quitters, but they never learned their basics like how to diet. they will lose it all once they stop. its really soemthing when you can crank out 280 for reps on the bench all natty. the gear user kids will never dream of that strength because they dont know how to trai or eat correctly
    I agree. Most of the kids my age will take PHs just to bench 225 and not even squat 315 . I actually know of 2 kids who have taken 5 cycles of stuff like Ultradrol and Halovar and still bench around 175. It's pretty sad.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.76%

How solid is your diet? I've found that on a cut taking R-ala, chromium, vanadyl sulfate around my large carbs meals was very effective. Natty stack could be a good non ph that works great for recomps..
    BigMikeC----Americanmuscle.us
    Nothing I say constitutes medical advice. Please check with your medical professional before starting any diet or exercise program.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.93%

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeC View Post
    How solid is your diet? I've found that on a cut taking R-ala, chromium, vanadyl sulfate around my large carbs meals was very effective. Natty stack could be a good non ph that works great for recomps..
    Chromium and vanadyl are poor supplements. R-ALA, however, is a good recommendation, however I prefer the sodium salt due to its inability to polymerize over time and/or with heat.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:02 AM
  3. Best Supplement for Lean Muscle Gain?
    By 2 Real in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 01:46 PM