advanced fat types - AnabolicMinds.com

advanced fat types

  1. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    advanced fat types


    Since Arachidonic Acid was shown to have anabolic affects. I've been looking into other fats and honestly can't find barely any research. So lets see if you guys any info on Myristoleic Acid it could have potential.

  2. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by smaxie View Post
    Since Arachidonic Acid was shown to have anabolic affects.

    Really? I must have missed the research. When was this published?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. beni182's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    121

    Reputation

    I think its mixed in with the research on Unicorn meat showing anabolic properties.
    •   
       

  4. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/21


    And lmao, it's not that far fetched most main stream stuff doesn't have much backing it, these fats would have barely any due only really being found in certain things not really in our diet, and some fats generally have hormonal effects why can't these?
  5. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by smaxie View Post
    http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/21


    And lmao, it's not that far fetched most main stream stuff doesn't have much backing it, these fats would have barely any due only really being found in certain things not really in our diet, and some fats generally have hormonal effects why can't these?

    That study demonstrates that AA does not have anabolic activity.

    Conclusion

    AA supplementation during resistance-training may enhance anaerobic capacity and lessen the inflammatory response to training. However, AA supplementation did not promote statistically greater gains in strength, muscle mass, or influence markers of muscle hypertrophy.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  6. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    U are free to close the thread now if you wish
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  7. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ArA is definitely a mixed compound. Proper usage of ArA would promote a setting in which PGF2a predominates over PGE2. This would entail such things as lower volume training sessions (aka not going nuts with muscular damage induced), a high protein diet (did the subjects have a high protein diet in the study? this is a major factor IMO), and simply reaching the proper level of inflammation (too much may negatively affect body composition). Anecdotally speaking, 2g ArA preworkout on training days only has been the most effective natural supplement I've used in the whole "muscle builder/tbooster" category.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ArA is definitely a mixed compound. Proper usage of ArA would promote a setting in which PGF2a predominates over PGE2. This would entail such things as lower volume training sessions (aka not going nuts with muscular damage induced), a high protein diet (did the subjects have a high protein diet in the study? this is a major factor IMO), and simply reaching the proper level of inflammation (too much may negatively affect body composition). Anecdotally speaking, 2g ArA preworkout on training days only has been the most effective natural supplement I've used in the whole "muscle builder/tbooster" category.


    I appreciate theory and anecdotal feedback.

    As far as myristoleic acid goes i think i read something about it and rapid heart hypertrophy in snakes or something
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  9. mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    5966607

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I appreciate theory and anecdotal feedback.

    As far as myristoleic acid goes i think i read something about it and rapid heart hypertrophy in snakes or something
    Lol u know I hate it as much as you, so take it with a grain of salt
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    Can't really find anything at the moment, could have fat loss properties from what I've read. But most of the studys are done with other fats so it hard to tell...
  11. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by smaxie View Post
    Can't really find anything at the moment, could have fat loss properties from what I've read. But most of the studys are done with other fats so it hard to tell...
    let me know if you find anything interesting. i did a search on it a while back but there wasnt much on body composition related stuff
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  12. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org...58/7/1509.long
    I'll just leave this here and Myristoleic Acid has pretty much no info so I'm looking into other fats will post my notes in a few days.
  13. Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554324

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by smaxie View Post
    http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org...58/7/1509.long
    I'll just leave this here and Myristoleic Acid has pretty much no info so I'm looking into other fats will post my notes in a few days.

    do u know what butyrate (butyric acid) smells like?

    if you sold a supplement of this it would stink up the entire store
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  14. broons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    484

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beni182
    I think its mixed in with the research on Unicorn meat showing anabolic properties.
    Or the one researching extract of The Kraken! Release the Kraken! Sorry I had to
  15. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation

    Good, was planing on buying some bulk fats this one could be fun....
    http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...betic_subjects
    And a good study on some fats insulin effects.

    Edit: Pentadecanoic Acid seems interesting
  16. smaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    29

    Reputation
  17. dontknowaboutme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    1183

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by beni182 View Post
    I think its mixed in with the research on Unicorn meat showing anabolic properties.
    Really? Sweet! Waiting on the Unicarn protein powder with super anabolic gelatin from unicorns.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. young 33 year old skinny fat type 2 diabetes and low T
    By BeyondGenetic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 07:34 AM
  2. Advanced Fat Loss....What's Best?
    By rebel1130 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 12:57 AM
  3. Low Carbers and Keto guys - Fat types DO matter
    By Whacked in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
  4. Advanced Fat Loss Discussion (alpha/beta receptors)
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
  5. Fat types
    By Grmlock in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in