What is this ingredient...?

  1. Registered User
    Ceredumbellum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Answers
    0

    What is this ingredient...?


    PA,

    I've been reading a lot about the new supplement Alphamine from PES and am quite intrigued. I'm primarily interested in the ingredient N-(2-hydroxy-2-pmethoxyphenylethyl) benzamide that's part of the proprietary blend. I'm curious, first and foremost, just simply what it is and also what effects one can expect from ingesting it. Love your work and knowledge PA and thanks in advance!

  2. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    PA,

    I've been reading a lot about the new supplement Alphamine from PES and am quite intrigued. I'm primarily interested in the ingredient N-(2-hydroxy-2-pmethoxyphenylethyl) benzamide that's part of the proprietary blend. I'm curious, first and foremost, just simply what it is and also what effects one can expect from ingesting it. Love your work and knowledge PA and thanks in advance!

    it looks like something related to n-coumaroyldopamine

    why dont you ask PES for information on what it does and any references they have supporting it.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. Registered User
    Ceredumbellum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    it looks like something related to n-coumaroyldopamine

    why dont you ask PES for information on what it does and any references they have supporting it.
    Will do. I've taken another product with N-Coumaroyldopamine and it made me naseous when I took it on an empty stomach. Weird. It seemed to have some sort of thermogenic effect though. I was sweating bullets for a few hours after taking this particular product and it didn't have any of the other things in it like Yohimbe, Gingko, etc... that would have caused me to sweat.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    Will do. I've taken another product with N-Coumaroyldopamine and it made me naseous when I took it on an empty stomach. Weird. It seemed to have some sort of thermogenic effect though. I was sweating bullets for a few hours after taking this particular product and it didn't have any of the other things in it like Yohimbe, Gingko, etc... that would have caused me to sweat.
    My experiences echo yours. Currently running compound 20. There is a noticeable increase in body temperature post-dosing, but damn I get really sick to my stomach if taken on empty.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Registered User
    Ceredumbellum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    My experiences echo yours. Currently running compound 20. There is a noticeable increase in body temperature post-dosing, but damn I get really sick to my stomach if taken on empty.
    I hear ya. I returned the product I was taking to Vitamin Shoppe because it made me feel like I was going to throw up if I didn't take it with food.
  6. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    My experiences echo yours. Currently running compound 20. There is a noticeable increase in body temperature post-dosing, but damn I get really sick to my stomach if taken on empty.
    Do you notice any stimulant effect? If so how would you compare it with DMAA products, assuming you've used them?
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Do you notice any stimulant effect? If so how would you compare it with DMAA products, assuming you've used them?
    Zero stimulant effect. It is also supposedly a beta agonist but I notice no bronchodilation (this is usually a very evident effect of b-agonists for me because I have bronchial asthma). However, the thermogenic effect is quite pronounced.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Zero stimulant effect. It is also supposedly a beta agonist but I notice no bronchodilation (this is usually a very evident effect of b-agonists for me because I have bronchial asthma). However, the thermogenic effect is quite pronounced.
    Can i ask if you are using anything else to compliment it?
  9. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Can i ask if you are using anything else to compliment it?
    I've tried it solo, with caffeine, and with EGCG
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Zero stimulant effect. It is also supposedly a beta agonist but I notice no bronchodilation (this is usually a very evident effect of b-agonists for me because I have bronchial asthma). However, the thermogenic effect is quite pronounced.
    Yet it is shortlived and needs high dosing doesn't it? I found I would get most out of those effects with 4 caps Pre-workout (20-30 mins Pre-workout and fasted)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  11. Registered User
    Ceredumbellum's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    183
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Yet it is shortlived and needs high dosing doesn't it? I found I would get most out of those effects with 4 caps Pre-workout (20-30 mins Pre-workout and fasted)
    You took that much fasted and didn't experience overwhelming nasuea?
  12. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    You took that much fasted and didn't experience overwhelming nasuea?
    None at all. Admittedly it was not fasted, I was not on IF at the time...I was doing carb cycling but I did take it on an empty stomach though (2-3 hours post meal). At that time I took it with 2 AT2 , 1 OEP and 1 Erase. Good cut btw lol.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Legal Gear M1P. What is this stuff?
    By Dr. Death in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
  2. FinigenX Magnum ??? what is this stuff?
    By oswizzle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
  3. whats is this stuff?
    By x_muscle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 11:46 AM
  4. What is this?
    By SCORPIO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  5. What is this routine?
    By T-Bar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in