6-Methyluracil

  1. 6-Methyluracil


    Patrick, years ago you released a creatine product called Cell Fuel. I took it at the time and even though I was still getting good beginner gains (only had 4 years of training under my belt at the time) Cell Fuel seemed to greatly increase my strength gains much more so than any other creatine. I had used both Creapure and regular creatine ethyl ester at the time and did not achieve nearly the same results. I figured it may have been due in part to the 6-Methyluracil in the product. I have not seen this on the market since it was offered by Giant Nutrition and as a part of cell fuel.

    My question is do you think 6-Methyluracil is still a worthwile supplement to take?

    I remember reading 3 grams daily was required for proper saturation is this correct?

    And finally, could ingesting whole gram amounts of nucleotides lead to the potential mispairings at the DNA/RNA and are their any other safety concerns that you are aware of?

    Obviously, I do not expect you to read through countless studies or anything but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this off the top of your head.

    I have been curious about experimenting with this stuff for years now and forgot about it until I found the old empty bottle of cell fuel when I moved my parents. I have been reading studies on its healing effects on muscle and burn wounds as well and it has me interested for future use in case of a reinjured rotator cuff etc. Thanks again for the help.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    Patrick, years ago you released a creatine product called Cell Fuel. I took it at the time and even though I was still getting good beginner gains (only had 4 years of training under my belt at the time) Cell Fuel seemed to greatly increase my strength gains much more so than any other creatine. I had used both Creapure and regular creatine ethyl ester at the time and did not achieve nearly the same results. I figured it may have been due in part to the 6-Methyluracil in the product. I have not seen this on the market since it was offered by Giant Nutrition and as a part of cell fuel.

    My question is do you think 6-Methyluracil is still a worthwile supplement to take?

    I remember reading 3 grams daily was required for proper saturation is this correct?

    And finally, could ingesting whole gram amounts of nucleotides lead to the potential mispairings at the DNA/RNA and are their any other safety concerns that you are aware of?

    Obviously, I do not expect you to read through countless studies or anything but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this off the top of your head.

    I have been curious about experimenting with this stuff for years now and forgot about it until I found the old empty bottle of cell fuel when I moved my parents. I have been reading studies on its healing effects on muscle and burn wounds as well and it has me interested for future use in case of a reinjured rotator cuff etc. Thanks again for the help.

    6-methyluracil has a lot of studies on it that show promising stuff. Its also pretty inexpensive. there is no reason to believe it will substitute uracil as a nucleotide in RNA or something, and there are no indications of toxicity in the literature
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    6-methyluracil has a lot of studies on it that show promising stuff. Its also pretty inexpensive. there is no reason to believe it will substitute uracil as a nucleotide in RNA or something, and there are no indications of toxicity in the literature
    That stuff was awesome. Why do I have a feeling that epharm product you're talking about might be a creatine type product?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by RD929 View Post
    That stuff was awesome. Why do I have a feeling that epharm product you're talking about might be a creatine type product?
    nope
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
  2. 6-methyluracil or 6-MU feedback?
    By wormwood in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
  3. 6-Methyluracil
    By scotsdale in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Log in
Log in