Prolactin/E2/DAA

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Prolactin/E2/DAA

Hello sir,

I was hoping you could touch on the subject of the relation between estrogen levels and prolactin. Last time I took DAA a strange experience happened (I told you once a long time ago but I am sure you do not recall since everyone tells you their life stories on these forums). When I took DAA for three weeks I had blood work done, to my surprise my total test was decreased slightly and my prolactin was elevated above normal. Unfortunately, I did not have my E2 tested. I am confused slightly on the relation between E2 and prolactin. I have read that if estrogen is under control then it is very rare to have increased prolactin, but is it possible to have estrogen under control and still have increased prolactin symptoms? I was hoping to try DAA one last time and use a high dose of an AI and get blood work again (this time including E2 levels). I also got very moody and lost libido at week 3 of DAA, but I am not sure if that was because of the prolactin or a sign of elevated E2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Registered User
    Answers

most of the info (if not all) i've found is on pregnant women, as it isn't normal to have hormone fluctuations like you do when you are using exogenous hormones.

but, the hormone imblance is what it is.

'Estrogen promotes prolactin secretion but inhibits its action on the breast.'

it seems progesterone also inhibits prolactins action on the breast as well, if you cared.

once estrogen is lowered, and progestin is lowered, then the elevated prolactin can do it's work.

if all your hormones are in balance, then your fine.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    most of the info (if not all) i've found is on pregnant women, as it isn't normal to have hormone fluctuations like you do when you are using exogenous hormones.

it seems progesterone also inhibits prolactins action on the breast as well, if you cared.

once estrogen is lowered, and progestin is lowered, then the elevated prolactin can do it's work.

While those relationships would mitigate prolactin-induced gyno, what about prolactin's effects on other systems?
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

I think I'll just do myself a favor and stay away from DAA... solo was not enjoyable, neither was running it with erase. O well.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

What happened to you when you ran it with erase?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prolactin with DAA
    By manifesto in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. keeping prolactin down while on DAA
    By mkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:30 PM
  3. high e2 levels causing prolactin to rise as well?
    By atlninja82 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
  4. Ghrp-6, prolactin, and E2
    By TripDog in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 07:10 PM