Dosing of Hormones

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87%

Dosing of Hormones

Hello Patrick,

The common accepted theory of dosing hormones is to attempt to keep blood levels stable all the time, according to the half-life of the drug. But, could there be any greater benefit to dosing a hormone all at once during the day instead?

The question is, while keeping the total dose the same, is it preferable (for promoting growth/protein synthesis) to dose a hormone all at once or spread out through the day. e.g., Is one better off taking 30mg of dbol pre-workout or 10mg 3x/day?

I believe that spacing out the dosing is preferable for a number of reasons, but I was wondering what your take on this is, and whether or not there are any studies or good reason from a biochem standpoint to go towards one method or the other.

Thanks for your time!

2. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

there is evidence that a big spike once a day can work and evidence that sustained levels are better (at least when looking at longer periods)

i havent looked into it for a while. if i had free time i would go back on my notes and give you a nice discussion but time is money and this discussion is not gonna make me a single dime

i will say this. i bet you would get no significant difference in gains if you took 30mg dbol once a day as opposed to 3 times 10
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    there is evidence that a big spike once a day can work and evidence that sustained levels are better (at least when looking at longer periods)

i havent looked into it for a while. if i had free time i would go back on my notes and give you a nice discussion but time is money and this discussion is not gonna make me a single dime

i will say this. i bet you would get no significant difference in gains if you took 30mg dbol once a day as opposed to 3 times 10
    This is what I was thinking too. I was thinking that there might be more of a difference when you are dealing with higher doses each day.

If you ever stumble upon those notes and have some free time to go more in-depth on the subject, I would very much appreciate it...as I couldn't find any studies myself that really support one method or the other.

Either way, thanks for the response!
    •   

4. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

there was a study on rats where they gave them one daily dose of testosterone/cyclodextrin by injection (a very fast acting concoction) a day. serum levels went very high for a short period of time. the rats made better muscle gains then rats who had a more prolonged depot of testosterone and they had less suppression and i think less prostate enlargement

but that is just one study
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

Similar Forum Threads

1. The highest dose of Bold 200
    By liftin4fun in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
  2. One off dose of epi to see if you respond?
    By mark118 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
  3. low dose of serm with PP's TRS or no?
    By redrocket399 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:20 PM
  4. First dose of EPISTANE, I feel drunk?
    By met5121 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
  5. higher doses of epi and hdrol
    By texastweeter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM