DAA and Free T? - AnabolicMinds.com

DAA and Free T?

1. New Member

DAA and Free T?

Pat-

Just wondering if DAA would give better results if I combined it with something to lower SHBG/ increase Free T? I'm assuming there are agents out there, like Nettle Root, that can do that?

Thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

I'm not Pat, but my guess would be yes. That is, if you can find a high quality Nettle extract that actually has an efficacious amount of Divanil in it.
  3. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Pat-

Just wondering if DAA would give better results if I combined it with something to lower SHBG/ increase Free T? I'm assuming there are agents out there, like Nettle Root, that can do that?

Thanks
    There is no in-vivo evidence that nettle or divanil can lower shbg and/or raise free test

divanil has an estrogenic like structure, which i suspect is why it binds to shbg. however, this estrogenic structure may also cause it to stimulate shbg production in the liver.

also, the well known product which was supposed to have divanil in it was found to contain almost no divanil.

so divanil is nothing but an unproven theory
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    There is no in-vivo evidence that nettle or divanil can lower shbg and/or raise free test

divanil has an estrogenic like structure, which i suspect is why it binds to shbg. however, this estrogenic structure may also cause it to stimulate shbg production in the liver.

also, the well known product which was supposed to have divanil in it was found to contain almost no divanil.

Ok, nix the nettle - what is left Pat?
  5. New Member

Vitex might be an option
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by juverulez View Post
    Vitex might be an option
    I thought that Vitex would be good for prolactin control. Then again, that's only going from what I read in forums and product descriptions/writeups.
  7. New Member

Planta Med. 1997 Dec;63(6):529-32.
    Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)
  8. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel View Post
    Planta Med. 1997 Dec;63(6):529-32.
    Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)

lignans are estrogenic, and estrogens bind quite well to shbg, so this does not come as much surprise

"The lignans are a group of chemical compounds found in plants. Lignans are one of the major classes of phytoestrogens, which are estrogen-like chemicals and also act asantioxidants. The other classes of phytoestrogens are the isoflavones and coumestans"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignans

Do u think ingesting phytoestrogens is a smart way to increase testosterone?
  9. New Member

Whaaa? Wait did this product start with an A and originally have lightning bolts on the label?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RD929 View Post
    Whaaa? Wait did this product start with an A and originally have lightning bolts on the label?
    Activate is probably the most well-known Divanil product... Even though there are many others now.
  11. New Member

lignans are estrogenic, and estrogens bind quite well to shbg, so this does not come as much surprise

"The lignans are a group of chemical compounds found in plants. Lignans are one of the major classes of phytoestrogens, which are estrogen-like chemicals and also act asantioxidants. The other classes of phytoestrogens are the isoflavones and coumestans"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignans

Do u think ingesting phytoestrogens is a smart way to increase testosterone?
    i only use Nettle (3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran + 6,7-divanillyltetrahydrofuran) for block the binding of dht at the prostate no more Sir.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Activate is probably the most well-known Divanil product... Even though there are many others now.
    I thought we weren't playing the name game for the sake of safety when it came to the earlier statement. Oh well. Yea I would be upset if that was what he was talking about the well known product that actually had no divanil
  13. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Ok, nix the nettle - what is left Pat?
    Hey PA is there anything to run with DAA to boost free test?
  14. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Hey PA is there anything to run with DAA to boost free test?
    dunno of anything proven to "free up" bound testosterone in the blood that wont also result in HPTA suppression and/or increased SHBG production
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 05:19 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
  3. ANABOLIC-PUMPô Free Free Free Free Free.
    By USPLabs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 476
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 01:14 PM