Dimethazine, stomach acids and hydrolyzation of the nitrogen bond

  1. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0

    Dimethazine, stomach acids and hydrolyzation of the nitrogen bond


    17beta-hydroxy 2alpha,17alpha-dimethyl 5alpha-androstan 3-one azine



    from how I understand it, the stomach acids hydrolyze the nitrogen bond, leaving a different steroid all together.

    my question is, is the compound broken in half, leaving one methyl drostanolone molecule, and one hydrolyzed methyl drostanolone molecule? or is the nitrogen bond attached to both sides, leaving hydrolyzed methyl drostanolone for both molecules?

    cause in that picture, i see to N's, one on each side.

  2. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Answers
    0

    stomach acid is not sufficient to hydrolyze that bond. its likely that it is enzymatically hydrolyzed in the body

    one hydrolysis will yield one superdrol molecule and one superdrol-3-hydrazone. the superdrol-3-hydrazone will then hydrolyze to yield one superdrol molecule and one hydrazine molecule
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0

    Huh, so it ultimately will become superdrol, would this effect how the compound acts and explain why the two are do different in terms of effects?

    I understand the vida data is from im administration, but dimeth seems to be much drier than sd, of is this possibly placebo?
    •   
       

  4. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Huh, so it ultimately will become superdrol, would this effect how the compound acts and explain why the two are do different in terms of effects?

    I understand the vida data is from im administration, but dimeth seems to be much drier than sd, of is this possibly placebo?
    it is possible that the hydrolysis is slow and that a decent portion of it gets thru liver first pass unhydrolyzed. If so, then you would see less liver effects (stimulation of hepatic IGF-1 production, hepatotoxicity) compared to superdrol
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,457
    Answers
    8

    Hydrolysis would like to have a word with you
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,603
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Hydrolysis would like to have a word with you

    lol, i thought you were black.
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,800
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    17beta-hydroxy 2alpha,17alpha-dimethyl 5alpha-androstan 3-one azine



    from how I understand it, the stomach acids hydrolyze the nitrogen bond, leaving a different steroid all together.

    my question is, is the compound broken in half, leaving one methyl drostanolone molecule, and one hydrolyzed methyl drostanolone molecule? or is the nitrogen bond attached to both sides, leaving hydrolyzed methyl drostanolone for both molecules?

    cause in that picture, i see to N's, one on each side.
    I actually had a conversation on dimethazine vs superdrol not too long ago with a friend of mine and this is what I believe occus with dimethazine. In vivo the azine bond should be cleaved which results in two molecules that are very similar to superdrol, but not quite exactly superdrol. The nitrogens then should stay paired with their halves of the original molecule, which would alter the electron cloud of the A-ring when compared to Superdrol.

    Now what is the effect of the azine remnant on A:A ratios? Not entirely sure, but this alteration is in a location that can significantly impact AR activity and A:A behavior.

    Per Vida:

    substitution of the 3-ketone function by methylene or nitrogen derivatives is permitted". "Substitution of nitrogen for the carbon-3 ketone...lengthens the bond distances but more important, alters the bond angles considerably. Disubstitution in the 2- and 3- postitions with simultaneous introduction of delta2-unsaturation will alter bond lengths and angles even further...This change may bring about a very favorable change in the anabolic-androgenic ratio."
    From this I would guess dymethazine has an A:A ratio greater than superdrol. Dymethazine is in Vida (compound D-5) as well is superdrol (compound D-45) but the data and theory behind it doesnt seem to be too clear/straight forward as one would hope. Vida assigns dymethazine an A:A of 210:97 when compared to methyl test. The route of administration is typically listed as oral when methyl test is the standard, but it is absent here; while superdrol is given an A:A of 400:20 vs methyl test, and IS listed as oral

    From my personal experience with both compounds, dimethazine came with a lot less sides and I experienced more strength gains where as with superdrol there were more sides but also more overall weight gained. For this reason I view the them as two completely different compounds. When the azine bond breaks the 2 molecules left over certainly dont act like 2 superdrols (for me at least) What I believe is that as a result of that nitrogon bond, it causes these two resulting molecules in dimethazine to act more androgenic and less anabolic than superdrol. This would at least explain why dimethazine was better for strength for me.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I actually had a conversation on dimethazine vs superdrol not too long ago with a friend of mine and this is what I believe occus with dimethazine. In vivo the azine bond should be cleaved which results in two molecules that are very similar to superdrol, but not quite exactly superdrol. The nitrogens then should stay paired with their halves of the original molecule, which would alter the electron cloud of the A-ring when compared to Superdrol.

    Now what is the effect of the azine remnant on A:A ratios? Not entirely sure, but this alteration is in a location that can significantly impact AR activity and A:A behavior.

    Per Vida:



    From this I would guess dymethazine has an A:A ratio greater than superdrol. Dymethazine is in Vida (compound D-5) as well is superdrol (compound D-45) but the data and theory behind it doesnt seem to be too clear/straight forward as one would hope. Vida assigns dymethazine an A:A of 210:97 when compared to methyl test. The route of administration is typically listed as oral when methyl test is the standard, but it is absent here; while superdrol is given an A:A of 400:20 vs methyl test, and IS listed as oral

    From my personal experience with both compounds, dimethazine came with a lot less sides and I experienced more strength gains where as with superdrol there were more sides but also more overall weight gained. For this reason I view the them as two completely different compounds. When the azine bond breaks the 2 molecules left over certainly dont act like 2 superdrols (for me at least) What I believe is that as a result of that nitrogon bond, it causes these two resulting molecules in dimethazine to act more androgenic and less anabolic than superdrol. This would at least explain why dimethazine was better for strength for me.


    i explained what happens with dimethazine in post2. i am a chemist who works with ketone derivatives such as these often, i know how they are formed and cleaved. your friends theory is flat out wrong, and so therefore any conclusions you make that is predicated on that theory is faulty

    with that said, it is possible that the superdrol-3-hydrazone sticks around for a while before it is hydrolyzed and has some intrinsic activity. some may even be excreted unmetabolized, i dunno
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  9. Registered User
    staple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    Answers
    0

    ouch
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Beff albumin loaded with nitrogen?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 07:39 PM
  2. *Cue James Bond Music* Operation: Project Z (sponsored)
    By jumpshot903 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
  3. Nitrogen Oxide Boosters and Teens
    By petey7408 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
  4. Barry Bond's head
    By TripDog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM
  5. Increasing Nitrogen Retention
    By Grassroots082 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in