Ecdysterone yes or no? - AnabolicMinds.com

Ecdysterone yes or no?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ecdysterone yes or no?

So every now and again a new study comes out on ecdysterone that says something different. When I was younger I used a bottle of bug juice (ecdysterone) and my traps grew massive. Placebo effect? Puberty? Maybe, I was taking high dosages of it with a high intake of protein and having great results in growth and lifts. The only thing that is bringing me back to this is a new study showing cartilage growth in mice.

Ecdysterone repairs cartilage in joints

I have terrible joints (genetic), and several tears in my meniscus, so something like this coupled with cissus would be a godsend for me. That being said, what is your personal opinion PA.

Many thanks.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

2. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    So every now and again a new study comes out on ecdysterone that says something different. When I was younger I used a bottle of bug juice (ecdysterone) and my traps grew massive. Placebo effect? Puberty? Maybe, I was taking high dosages of it with a high intake of protein and having great results in growth and lifts. The only thing that is bringing me back to this is a new study showing cartilage growth in mice.

I have terrible joints (genetic), and several tears in my meniscus, so something like this coupled with cissus would be a godsend for me. That being said, what is your personal opinion PA.

Many thanks.

i really cant take a rat study like that and extrapolate what real world effects it would have on training male humans
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

cool thanks.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ecdy has been a huge let down for me in the past...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I've tried numerous ecdysterone supplements to no avail and with no apparent effect
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I've tried numerous ecdysterone supplements to no avail and with no apparent effect
    exactly, even at mega doses....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

I guess when I took bugjuice a while back it was all in my head haha

thanks.
  8. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it may help with sparing protein if ingested with protein
  9. Featured Author

I guess when I took bugjuice a while back it was all in my head haha

thanks.
    it was all in your thorax
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  75 lbs.

Thanks buddy, for giving an external link for "Ecdysterone repairs cartilage in joints". Its very useful and i appreciate your discussion above. I want more information, if you could give me some more...
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailH47
    Thanks buddy, for giving an external link for "Ecdysterone repairs cartilage in joints". Its very useful and i appreciate your discussion above. I want more information, if you could give me some more...
    Will provide when I get home. Essentially most ecdysterone studies were done long ago by the Russians. Supposed to help develop muscle while coupled with a high protein diet. Although it's thought now to only work on insects hence the thorax joke.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Same
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    FREE Samples: www.controlledlabs.com/freesamplerpack2.php
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Will provide when I get home. Essentially most ecdysterone studies were done long ago by the Russians. Supposed to help develop muscle while coupled with a high protein diet. Although it's thought now to only work on insects hence the thorax joke.
    Noticed your sig is a quote I posted on Rosie's thread is that where you got it? Just curious

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin

Noticed your sig is a quote I posted on Rosie's thread is that where you got it? Just curious
    No it was my sig on bodybuilding/com
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

No it was my sig on bodybuilding/com
    Just curious, one of my favorite quotes

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Agreed. That and hubbard's "to escape criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing."
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  75 lbs.

That means Russians are more towards the research for providing a better physique!! Gr8*
    Share some links if you can....
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailH47 View Post
    That means Russians are more towards the research for providing a better physique!! Gr8*
    Share some links if you can....

The issue with the Russian studies is a lot of them aren't published online, uhm here is a link to a bunch of studies on ecdysterone.

http://www.mendeley.com/tags/*ecdysterone/
  19. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The Russians inject the stuff.
  20. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    The Russians inject the stuff.
    it would be very easy to inject ecdy since its water soluble. dissolve some high pure ecdy powder in water, sterilize with syringe filter, and inject
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

I appreciate your perspective, but this isn't entirely true. For example, research has been conducted in Japan, Germany, Hungary and now the U.S. (see Rutgers study/reference below) that have built upon the former Soviet studies. It would seem that Dr. Syrov's findings are now being confirmed (and will hopefully be taken further), in the West - including right here in the United States:

Ecdysterone Give Rats Mega-Muscles
    Ecdysterone gives rat mega-muscles

Ecdysterone Curbs Growth of Fat Tissue
    Ecdysteroids curb growth of fat tissue

Ecdysteroids for Younger Skin and More Muscle
    Try ecdysteroids for younger skin and more muscle mass

Low Doses of Ecdysteroids Promote Muscle Building
    Low doses of ecdysteroids promote muscle building

This is just a small sampling of the MANY positive studies NOT performed in the former Soviet Union/Russia, pointing to evidence that Ecdy is an incredibly versatile nutraceutical. For those interested, I wrote a book on the topic of Adaptogens/Ecdy, and how to properly position them in a training/dietary cycle to reap their many benefits. That book, is entitled "The Blueprint" and I occasionally discuss it on SuperHumanRadio.com.

Low quality extracts and the positioning of an adaptogen/Ecdy as an "anabolic", have also hurt this nutraceutical, and its reputation in the market. High quality Ecdy derived from the source genus Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract and/or a custom 25:1 Suma are excellent sources. Cyanotis Vaga, is not. It is cheap as hell though, which is why you see this inferior source genus used by so many supplement companies in their products.

Once you have a better understanding of Ecdy's MOA (mechanism of action), you can and will see Ecdy's benefit (400+ individual Ecdysterone's, identified to date).

Any and all questions answered. I respect other people's opinions here, and not looking to change anyone's mind. I do however, want the whole story told. It's my opinion that Ecdy's benefits will ultimately be revealed to exceed that of even fish oil. I'll be back later, to expand a bit more on that topic.

Sincerely hope that helps folks here decide, if Ecdy is right for them...
  22. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    I appreciate your perspective, but this isn't entirely true. For example, research has been conducted in Japan, Germany, Hungary and now the U.S. (see Rutgers study/reference below) that have built upon the former Soviet studies. It would seem that Dr. Syrov's findings are now being confirmed (and will hopefully be taken further), in the West - including right here in the United States:

Ecdysterone Give Rats Mega-Muscles
    Ecdysterone gives rat mega-muscles

Ecdysterone Curbs Growth of Fat Tissue

Ecdysteroids for Younger Skin and More Muscle

Low Doses of Ecdysteroids Promote Muscle Building

This is just a small sampling of the MANY positive studies NOT performed in the former Soviet Union/Russia, pointing to evidence that Ecdy is an incredibly versatile nutraceutical. For those interested, I wrote a book on the topic of Adaptogens/Ecdy, and how to properly position them in a training/dietary cycle to reap their many benefits. That book, is entitled "The Blueprint" and I occasionally discuss it on SuperHumanRadio.com.

Low quality extracts and the positioning of an adaptogen/Ecdy as an "anabolic", have also hurt this nutraceutical, and its reputation in the market. High quality Ecdy derived from the source genus Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract and/or a custom 25:1 Suma are excellent sources. Cyanotis Vaga, is not. It is cheap as hell though, which is why you see this inferior source genus used by so many supplement companies in their products.

Once you have a better understanding of Ecdy's MOA (mechanism of action), you can and will see Ecdy's benefit (400+ individual Ecdysterone's, identified to date).

Any and all questions answered. I respect other people's opinions here, and not looking to change anyone's mind. I do however, want the whole story told. It's my opinion that Ecdy's benefits will ultimately be revealed to exceed that of even fish oil. I'll be back later, to expand a bit more on that topic.

Sincerely hope that helps folks here decide, if Ecdy is right for them...
    can i stack it with superdrol?
  23. New Member

The problem with Ecdysterone products on the market, is that they are not properly standardized or dosed. Also, you need a full-spectrum extract, containing a variety of ecdysteroid conmpounds, and not an extract that is standardized just for 20-hydroxyecdysone.

http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteronejoints.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroids.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroidsyoungerskin.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteronemetabolism.html
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    can i stack it with superdrol?
    LOL...

Actually, you bring up a great point PA. You know androgens better than any other. As such, you know they work via DNA Transcription, or the message to the cell nucleus to "turn on" protein machinery. Not the only mechanism, but you get my point.

Ecdy has been shown to work via accelerating mRNA Translation, or the rate limiting step in protein synthesis occurring in the ribosome. Ecdy also imparts important protective effects in the liver, kidneys and other organs.

So yes, great tag team. It may well allow people to use less of a given AAS, while reaping the same or even greater benefits. It certainly won't hurt...

I'd always hoped you'd look further into Ecdy, but understand your interest lies in other areas...
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha R View Post
    The problem with Ecdysterone products on the market, is that they are not properly standardized or dosed. Also, you need a full-spectrum extract, containing a variety of ecdysteroid conmpounds, and not an extract that is standardized just for 20-hydroxyecdysone.

Amen, and something I've been saying for years. In fact, the former Soviet literature concerning Rhaponticum Carthamoides speaks to a very specific grouping of ecdysteroids, referred to as the "levseins" complex. There are also tannins and resins present in this source genus, one of which mitigates carbs being stored as fat.

I've used more 20-H than I care to admit. Orally, it's a complete bust. Transdermally you'll see some of the classic Ecdy benefits (greatly mitigated DOMS, etc), but even those effects took over a gram delivered transdermally/day in a DMSO base. Ironically, it was PA's "odorless" DMSO...

Great stuff btw PA. Wish you still offered it...
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

it would be very easy to inject ecdy since its water soluble. dissolve some high pure ecdy powder in water, sterilize with syringe filter, and inject
    Do you think that then it may actually do something beneficial?

27. New Member

Amen, and something I've been saying for years. In fact, the former Soviet literature concerning Rhaponticum Carthamoides speaks to a very specific grouping of ecdysteroids, referred to as the "levseins" complex. There are also tannins and resins present in this source genus, one of which mitigates carbs being stored as fat.

I've used more 20-H than I care to admit. Orally, it's a complete bust. Transdermally you'll see some of the classic Ecdy benefits (greatly mitigated DOMS, etc), but even those effects took over a gram delivered transdermally/day in a DMSO base. Ironically, it was PA's "odorless" DMSO...

I know that we've had our PR issues in the past, but SSE's Omnibolic is a PREMIUM Ecdysterone product that delivers solid results. I know Mixel has tried two previous versions, I would love to see a log on our latest version.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

I know that we've had our PR issues in the past, but SSE's Omnibolic is a PREMIUM Ecdysterone product that delivers solid results. I know Mixel has tried two previous versions, I would love to see a log on our latest version.
    Appreciate you comments. However, if I can get a properly sterilized Ecdy injectible - I have a good friend that'll run it.

The issue here, is the sterilization component. The LD50 (lethal dose that killed 50% of the animals in experiments), was something on the order of 9 GRAMS of Ecdy per kg of bodyweight (orally), if I recall correctly. He's very cautious about what he puts into his body, so a home brew is out. Yes, it's possible to do at home but he'd much rather know it was done by someone with greater expertise in this area.

We shall see...
  29. Featured Author

still have a lot of it here. i just dont know how to go about selling it. doesnt really fit into any of our product lines
  30. Featured Author

Do you think that then it may actually do something beneficial?

we can only speculate
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

still have a lot of it here. i just dont know how to go about selling it. doesnt really fit into any of our product lines
    We need to talk...
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

We need to talk...
    I'll be your guys genie pig

33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Hmmm....

It appears a certain lab rat is about to find out, just what an injectible Ecdy can do. Not me of course, but Kcilflexim. That would be "Mixelflick", spelled backwards.

I'm in daily contact with him, so I'll try to get details as to when he's starting, how he'll run it etc.. Good guy, and knows his Ecdy cold!
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Hmmm....

It appears a certain lab rat is about to find out, just what an injectible Ecdy can do. Not me of course, but Kcilflexim. That would be "Mixelflick", spelled backwards.

I'm in daily contact with him, so I'll try to get details as to when he's starting, how he'll run it etc.. Good guy, and knows his Ecdy cold!
    should be interesting. Once upon a time russianstar, aka prof filimanov, ran an injectable ecdy. I believe he made it himself, and had rather favorable results. I believe he had a log of it here, with the recipe he used. Ps- just picked up the blueprint a few days ago and have been reading all the material- really intrigued- but I must say my head is spinning a bit, lol.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by daft205 View Post
    should be interesting. Once upon a time russianstar, aka prof filimanov, ran an injectable ecdy. I believe he made it himself, and had rather favorable results. I believe he had a log of it here, with the recipe he used. Ps- just picked up the blueprint a few days ago and have been reading all the material- really intrigued- but I must say my head is spinning a bit, lol.
    Understand man, it's a LOT of information. I wanted to over-deliver for people like you, who invested in me/BP.

PM on the way with my cell-phone #. I'm headed back to Gainsville brother - and you're coming with me....
  36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I read but can't remember where that something on the order of 1 1/2 - 2 cups of quinoa a day reaches the ecdysterone levels as we normally see in products.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I read but can't remember where that something on the order of 1 1/2 - 2 cups of quinoa a day reaches the ecdysterone levels as we normally see in products.
    True, but these are the seeds - not the grain which is usually left over after cooking....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11368638

Ecdysteroids of quinoa seeds (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.).

Zhu N, Kikuzaki H, Vastano BC, Nakatani N, Karwe MV, Rosen RT, Ho CT.
    Source

Department of Food Science and Center for Advanced Food Technology, Rutgers University, 65 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901-8520, USA.

Abstract

Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa) is a hardy and nutritious Latin American pseudo-cereal. Studies on the seeds led to the isolation of five ecdysteroids using column chromatography. Their structures were determined as ecdysterone, makisterone A, 24-epi-makisterone A, 24(28)-dehydromakisterone A, and 20,26-dihydroxyecdysone by spectroscopic methods. This study demonstrates that quinoa seeds are a source of ecdysteroids, which were reported to be molting hormones in insects.

PMID: 11368638 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anabolica--ecdy+ 5a hydroxy laxogenin was apparently supposed to be good stuff. Thermolife apparently has it too in their E-Bol
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Anabolica--ecdy+ 5a hydroxy laxogenin was apparently supposed to be good stuff. Thermolife apparently has it too in their E-Bol
    Anabolica was in fact, a quality product. I confirmed in conversation with Mark Thierman that he produced the raws. Still had a few tabs, and I had those tested to validate they contained 5-alpha-hydroxy laxogenin.

Thermolife's 25-R is not quite the same, but a related compound. The 25-R's are really a series of related compounds, cousins of Compounds I-IV in the former Soviet Literature. I'm speaking now with the person who's in possession of Mark's recipe for synthesizing Laxogenin from diosgenin, and may be working with him in the future on formulation and optimal use protocols for various applications...

Will keep everyone posted!
  40. Featured Author

I'm speaking now with the person who's in possession of Mark's recipe for synthesizing Laxogenin from diosgenin, and may be working with him in the future on formulation and optimal use protocols for various applications...
    !
    U want something synthesized you can always come to me. we have actual real chem production equipment and lab, not a bathtub and some litmus paper

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ecdysterone
    By ironparson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
  2. ecdysterone
    By superbot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  3. About ECDYSTERONE
    By pocketboy in forum Supplements