Supplements After 40

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Patrick

What changes in supplementation do you think should be made after 40. I know metabolism and hormone levels change as we age, you and I are a year apart so this may be of interest to you as well(I wish you were losing your hair so you could devote a little of your genius to that endeavor lol) Are there any supplements you can recommend as must haves for the over forty crowd, or over 50 for that matter. I'll be 47 in April 50 is looming large These recommendation don't have to be all bodybuilding related, general health and longevity too. Hard to work out if you are sick harder still if you are dead :)

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
At your age, I'm going to most likely be 99% chemicals 1% natural.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
At your age, I'm going to most likely be 99% chemicals 1% natural.
I use a lot of supplements not so many "chemicals" If by chemicals you mean what I think you do. I am looking to optimize my natural abilities more so than supercede them

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick

What changes in supplementation do you think should be made after 40. I know metabolism and hormone levels change as we age, you and I are a year apart so this may be of interest to you as well(I wish you were losing your hair so you could devote a little of your genius to that endeavor lol) Are there any supplements you can recommend as must haves for the over forty crowd, or over 50 for that matter. I'll be 47 in April 50 is looming large These recommendation don't have to be all bodybuilding related, general health and longevity too. Hard to work out if you are sick harder still if you are dead :)

inflammation becomes more of a problem as you get older. products which address that may be more relevant the older you get. 7-spray is a good product that cuts to the root of the inflammatory process in the body

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
inflammation becomes more of a problem as you get older. products which address that may be more relevant the older you get. 7-spray is a good product that cuts to the root of the inflammatory process in the body
Im really going to have to get.... Going home to hawaii perhaps Ill have one shipped to me there then I can take it back to Japan with me.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much I want to buy a pallet of Joint Force, as it works so goddamn well.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much I want to buy a pallet of Joint Force, as it works so goddamn well.
If they sold it in a fifty gallon drum I'd just keep a tub filled with it and soak myself every night, It'd probably be brutal on your "junk" though lol

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
If they sold it in a fifty gallon drum I'd just keep a tub filled with it and soak myself every night, It'd probably be brutal on your "junk" though lol
True. It is just subliminal used on my shoulders when they get sore.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
So that being said Curcumin would be a good addition to an over 40 stack? I use 7 spray and it seems to help a lot. I am afraid I am getting a touch of arthritis in my hands elbows(certain about my elbows continuous pain)and knees. I hurt less with the 7 spray and the Jointforce is the only thing that makes my elbow pain bearable. How do you feel about glucosamine and chondroitin? I have see you espouse the use of hyaluronic acid for the skin, I've seen it used in joint formulas, do you think it would be efficacious when taken orally?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So that being said Curcumin would be a good addition to an over 40 stack? I use 7 spray and it seems to help a lot. I am afraid I am getting a touch of arthritis in my hands elbows(certain about my elbows continuous pain)and knees. I hurt less with the 7 spray and the Jointforce is the only thing that makes my elbow pain bearable. How do you feel about glucosamine and chondroitin? I have see you espouse the use of hyaluronic acid for the skin, I've seen it used in joint formulas, do you think it would be efficacious when taken orally?
I'd take as much curcumin and astragalus as you can afford... apparently that stuff is amazing for anti aging. Donno how good the research is on it, or if it is just voodoo business, but it seems to be what the buzz is about in those circles.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I'd take as much curcumin and astragalus as you can afford... apparently that stuff is amazing for anti aging. Donno how good the research is on it, or if it is just voodoo business, but it seems to be what the buzz is about in those circles.
I've always taken curcumin in the way of tumeric. I eat a lot of tumeric. It definitely helps my joints feel better and there is a lot of research showing how good it is for you in many health areas. I do not not much about astragalus I shall have to read up

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have see you espouse the use of hyaluronic acid for the skin, I've seen it used in joint formulas, do you think it would be efficacious when taken orally?
is it resistant to digestion? if it is will it absorb through the intestine?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
dont forget coconut oil. actually that is most important after 60

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Could those under the age of 60 benefit from using coconut oil for the purpose you suggest someone 60+ would use it?

anyone can but it is after 60 when mental function really begins to decline and brain diseases become more prevalent

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Sad, fun, tragic, happy, glorious, sticky, horrible, neat and a little gassy
I give up, allow me to rephrase, do you think that glucosamine and chondroitin do anything at all to ease joint issues or are they bunk? I have read that glucosamine may but Chondroitin is just a waste of time and money.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
is it resistant to digestion? if it is will it absorb through the intestine?
I was hoping you'd know. I am not sure. It has just been turning up in joint formula's and even as a stand alone. I remember you saying you used it I thought your knowledge base may be broader than mine

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was hoping you'd know. I am not sure. It has just been turning up in joint formula's and even as a stand alone. I remember you saying you used it I thought your knowledge base may be broader than mine
my so called "knowledge base" often consists of me taking the time to look stuff up when people here ask me a question.

because people are too goddam lazy

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
my so called "knowledge base" often consists of me taking the time to look stuff up when people here ask me a question.

because people are too goddam lazy
As I had previously stated I thought perhaps you might know off hand as I had seen you post on this supplement before, I'll look it up myself. I can be called many things lazy is not among them, I'd file this under expedient

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
As I had previously stated I thought perhaps you might know off hand as I had seen you post on this supplement before, I'll look it up myself. I can be called many things lazy is not among them, I'd file this under expedient
i thought i remembered that it is not orally bioavailable but i was not sure. so i decided to respond by saying i dunno

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
do i trust the results? i am very skeptical. i have not read the paper and i am not going to anytime soon so i cant comment beyond that

except for this. melatonin is pretty estrogenic. if you took that dose you would surely suppress your hpta a good bit. even small amounts are known to suppress hpta. thats one reason why i am always wary of using melatonin. i think its a supp you should use if you travel or if you need to reset your circadian clock for whatever reason

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
do i trust the results? i am very skeptical. i have not read the paper and i am not going to anytime soon so i cant comment beyond that

except for this. melatonin is pretty estrogenic. if you took that dose you would surely suppress your hpta a good bit. even small amounts are known to suppress hpta. thats one reason why i am always wary of using melatonin. i think its a supp you should use if you travel or if you need to reset your circadian clock for whatever reason
I have used it when I have had trouble sleeping and it has definitely proven itself to be libido reducing to the point of interfering with erectile function, in larger doses. I enjoyed the bizarre dreams it induced but then I am strange that way. Its like watching your own private movie

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used it when I have had trouble sleeping and it has definitely proven itself to be libido reducing to the point of interfering with erectile function, in larger doses. I enjoyed the bizarre dreams it induced but then I am strange that way. Its like watching your own private movie
With melatonin you should be starting with the smallest dose possible.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
With melatonin you should be starting with the smallest dose possible.
I was addicted to the dreams, the higher the dose the more intense the dreams then the libido thing happened and no more melatonin for me

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was addicted to the dreams, the higher the dose the more intense the dreams then the libido thing happened and no more melatonin for me

what if the dreams had been sexual? would you have reconsidered your decision?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
what if the dreams had been sexual? would you have reconsidered your decision?
perhaps not, but they weren't sexual, just intense, its like a personal action flick. I now use an herbal tea to induce dreaming it works nicely and not sexual side effects. the other night I ate a large quantity of ghost pepper salsa before bed and had crazy mad dreams, none pleasant but so amazingly detailed......I may give that another shot. I wonder why hot foods induce dreams that way? I know when I've taken ghrp 6 I've had similar dreams wonder if the hot stuff releases GH too?

coolbreeze

Awards
Pat- Any truth to the notion that taking melatonin enhances the effects of GHRP's? This would seem to be one reason (If valid) that its good.

Also is it only high levels of melatonin that affect T levels?

Melatonin potentiates testosterone-induced suppression of luteinizing hormone secretion in normal men.
Anderson RA, Lincoln GA, Wu FC. MRC Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, UK.

A total of 12 healthy adult men were recruited to investigate the effect of exogenous melatonin on the sensitivity of the hypothalamo-pituitary axis to sex steroid negative feedback. The experiment consisted of a double-blind, randomized cross-over trial during which all subjects received 100 mg oral melatonin or placebo at 1600 h for 14 days. Midway through each of the two treatments (day 8), 100 mg testosterone propionate i.m. (TP) was given at 0900 h. Blood samples for the measurement of luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, testosterone and melatonin were taken at 0900 h on days 1, 3, 5, and daily from days 8-14. An additional blood sample was taken 8 h after the administration of testosterone. The interval between the melatonin and placebo treatment periods was 2 months. The oral administration of melatonin caused a pharmacological increase in the blood plasma concentration of melatonin which was maximum at 2 h and still above normal at 24 h. The daily treatment thus resulted in persistently high circulating levels of melatonin for 14 days. This treatment had no significant effect on the secretion of LH, FSH, prolactin or testosterone based on the first week of each study (melatonin compared with placebo). The injection of TP caused a rapid 3 to 4-fold increase in the plasma concentrations of testosterone which was at a maximum at 8 h and had returned to baseline within 4 days, with a similar pattern in both the melatonin and placebo periods.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Pat- Any truth to the notion that taking melatonin enhances the effects of GHRP's? This would seem to be one reason (If valid) that its good.

Also is it only high levels of melatonin that affect T levels?
i dont know anything about the interactions between melatonin and ghrps

and its been a while since i read about the suppressive effects upon the hpta so i cant answer your question

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
i dont know anything about the interactions between melatonin and ghrps

and its been a while since i read about the suppressive effects upon the hpta so i cant answer your question
what do you think about ursolic acid and ghrp's If it increases igf sensitivity and ghrp's increase igf you'd think there would be so synergy involved, no? Melatonin? my experiences with it would lead me to believe it decreases not increases t levels in high amounts it is a libido killer....I know this from experience

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
what do you think about ursolic acid and ghrp's If it increases igf sensitivity and ghrp's increase igf you'd think there would be so synergy involved, no?
muscle specific IGF-1 activity is not really affected by GH so i dont think there would be synergy at least through that mechanism

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
some.......Questions for Patrick!

I would like to know from your proffesional POV,
a) How much of a negative impact and permanent side effects be a concern for people starting Oral steroids in ther 40's or 50's? (Superdrol, Anavar, DMZ,Winstrol)
b) What are possible permanent and dangerous side effects by using SERMS, I know it's needed for PCT, but what I mean, ex> Torem is known to cause blood clots, Torem & Clomid can impair eye sight, are these permamanent symptoms?

.......I am sure you have been asked these questions probably in 20 different ways threw out your career, but.......I am curious as I am new quite new new to this, I have been training for a few years and it's the last 2 years that I started to experiment mildly with this stuff, so any pro advice I am ready to listen to.
a) as long as these people are healthy I dont see why side effects would be any different than they would be for younger adults

b) SERMS arent very dangerous except for some compound specific mild and transient effects such as ocular issues with clomid. Some SERMs can have adverse effects on blood lipids. They may also weaken bones over time as estrogen is essential for mineralization. All these things are reversible upon discontinuation