Beta alanine, PLCAR and ALCAR

  1. Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,874
    Rep Power
    321372
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Beta alanine, PLCAR and ALCAR


    Is it a good idea to stack these these three together?

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Yes. Take the ALCAR and PLCAR at separate times of day (morning, night) if possible.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    chimeranD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    1981
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    96.62%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes. Take the ALCAR and PLCAR at separate times of day (morning, night) if possible.
    Out of curiosity, why is that?
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is that?
    There is some evidence in CFS patients that they competitively inhibit one another, possibly for absorption.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. New Member
    2skinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    184
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

    Is there any benefit to taking GPLC and LCLT (assuming i'm rich) in addition to ALCAR and PLCAR? Or is this just getting redundant?
  6. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 2skinny View Post
    Is there any benefit to taking GPLC and LCLT (assuming i'm rich) in addition to ALCAR and PLCAR? Or is this just getting redundant?
    Yes to LCLT. GPLC is fairly redundant with PLCAR
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. New Member
    2skinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    184
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes to LCLT. GPLC is fairly redundant with PLCAR
    Gotcha. Thanks Coop!
  8. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,710
    Rep Power
    5317491
    Level
    84
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    On a related note, SNS beta alanine is outta stock on the planet..
  9. New Member
    2skinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    184
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

    Hey Cooper, can I ask what your dosing schedule looks like for l-carnitine (PLC, ALCAR, LCLT...)? You always seem to have some great info/knowledge and I was just wondering how you apply this knowledge to your daily fight. Thanks!

    I know there has been plenty of discussion concerning this topic on other threads, but I don't remember seeing anything about the different forms of L-carnitine possibly competing for absorption.

    I've been dosing 1g of each (plc, alcar, lclt) empty stomach, morning. Then 2g each, empty stomach pre-workout.
  10. New Member
    chimeranD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    1981
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    96.62%

    Quote Originally Posted by 2skinny View Post
    Hey Cooper, can I ask what your dosing schedule looks like for l-carnitine (PLC, ALCAR, LCLT...)? You always seem to have some great info/knowledge and I was just wondering how you apply this knowledge to your daily fight. Thanks!I know there has been plenty of discussion concerning this topic on other threads, but I don't remember seeing anything about the different forms of L-carnitine possibly competing for absorption. I've been dosing 1g of each (plc, alcar, lclt) empty stomach, morning. Then 2g each, empty stomach pre-workout.
    From what he said in another thread, dose them separately. I'm not sure how far apart but I would think at least a 4 hours spaced out should do it.
  11. New Member
    2skinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    184
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    From what he said in another thread, dose them separately. I'm not sure how far apart but I would think at least a 4 hours spaced out should do it.
    OK so recently I've changed up my dosing schedule to look like this:

    About 1.7g ALCAR pre breakfast.
    Then 2-3 grams each of LCLT and PLCAR pre-workout.
    Then another 1.7g ALCAR pre dinner.
    All taken on empty stomach.

    I'm not sure if I have the dosing dialed in perfectly but I'm liking the results thus far.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
  2. Beta alanine dosages and timing?
    By pavb10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM
  3. beta alanine and citrulline malate taste
    By drunk in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:00 AM
  4. Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate
    By jdev in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM
  5. Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation
    By Oswizle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 03:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in