Niacin and GH experience.

1. Registered User

Niacin and GH experience.

Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Niacin at 1-3g 2hours pre workout to increase exercise induced GH release?

If you have can you please post your experience's.

I am currently taking 2g of Niacin 2 hours pre workout. Some days I dont notice any tingles/red skin but others I get that is a major side effect. Interesting to note that I get much more or a reaction after I take the 2 grams and then drink about 400ml of Grape fruit juice.

As for body composition/performance effects I cant say I have noticed anything after a week.

2. Registered User
  3. Registered User

I've tried asking Dans this before with no luck. I haven't seen any studies really showing GH does anything for muscles. It causes bloating, faster healing of tenonds etc., maybe fat loss.. but nothing Ive read suggests it's good for muscle mass so I was surprised Dana likes niacine pre-workout.
    •   

4. Featured Author
    Rochester, NY / Baltimore, MD / Round Lake, IL / St. Louis, MO / Southern CA

This is an interesting offering;

first...I am uncertain what is understood as being a GH-effect you would see body comp wise in 1 week or at all per se.

next...I have posted studies supporting my rationale for pre-workout and full-day GH optimization.

I think there is some confusion in why people are boosting GH anyway - a belief created, unfortunately, by industry.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post

I think there is some confusion in why people are boosting GH anyway - a belief created, unfortunately, by industry.

D_
    Well said
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle123 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Niacin at 1-3g 2hours pre workout to increase exercise induced GH release?
    no
    Interesting to note that I get much more or a reaction after I take the 2 grams and then drink about 400ml of Grape fruit juice.
    not really surprising..
    grapefruit/gf juice is an inhibitor of the p450 enzyme, and has a great many interactions with medications and supplements as well.
    the 'hot' thing for yrs has been to use this to 'enhance' effects of PH/DS..
    As for body composition/performance effects I cant say I have noticed anything after a week.
    um, again not surprising.
    and, on a sidenote - even injecting real hgh will not produce any visual aid effects for a very long time, like months of continuous use..
    and it certainly won't help in building muscle.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Well said
    Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? Ive done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH. From my googling it seems to cause bloating, increase the likelyhood of getting arthritis. Can possibly decrease muscle breakdown and speed tendon growth. Can't seem to find anything about it causing muscle growth or having any anti-aging properties. Hence Im very curious why Dana likes Niacin pre-workout.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.

If I am doing things to boost my GH, for example dosing Niacin, gaba and arginine as Dr D suggests, can I expect to see extra noticeable healing benefits to my joints for ailments such as tendonitis?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

I take 500mg - 1 g pre workout and love the effects. Helps with breathing and getting warmed up. I can imagine your blood flow being improved COULD have a good effect on hormones by nature, same way vaso diolaters help with it. I'd try to take the niacin with a good pump agent and not a bunch of caffine.
  10. Registered User

I took 500 mg and holy crap lol huge flush. My face turned bright red, people were wondering if I was okay or not. I can't imagine taking more lol is it something your body will get use to?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? Ive done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH. From my googling it seems to cause bloating, increase the likelyhood of getting arthritis. Can possibly decrease muscle breakdown and speed tendon growth. Can't seem to find anything about it causing muscle growth or having any anti-aging properties. Hence Im very curious why Dana likes Niacin pre-workout.
    Yeah can someone explain this?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? Ive done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH.
    here is a clue:
    you are talking about two very different things here
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    here is a clue:
    you are talking about two very different things here
    The clue sucks I can't find any studieas showing GH does anything great for body composition or anti-aging. If id did athletes with agromegaly would be amazing, but they just have an odd head and oare often very slow with bad joints.
  14. Registered User

The clue sucks I can't find any studieas showing GH does anything great for body composition or anti-aging. If id did athletes with agromegaly would be amazing, but they just have an odd head and oare often very slow with bad joints.
    It can positively affect body composition, but really with respect to fat loss
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It can positively affect body composition, but really with respect to fat loss
    depends on what you consider positive
    enlarged heart/organ & bone/plate growth from hgh do not go in category "positive" for me
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

The clue sucks
    sorry
    what i meant to say was, you are referring to different things
    otc "gh-boosters" operate differently and thru different channels than injected hgh

an interesting read for you, here

http://www.steroidology.com/human-gr...-somatotropin/
  17. Registered User

The article states tha HGH is anabolic for muscle, causes muscle hyperplasia and can increase strength. Ive read no study showing it's anabolic for muscle and no study showing it causes hyperplasia for adults, and Ive seen Patrick Arnold write the same. Ive read a study that showed increase muscle mass with HGH, but no strength increase. To me that just sounds like bloating.
    Again if HGH had any of the positives claimed, wouldn't athletes like Bigfoot Silva, Nicolai Valuev and "Big Show" all be extremely lean, muscular and have baby looking skin? Im also purely guessing that these people should get the best of HGH since it's produced by their own pituary in the natural pulses it's suppose to. If they have anything in common as far as physique goes it's non of the advertised positives. The only thing they seem to have from the norm is acgromegaly and those that got it young also are tall. A lot of people with gigantism seem to suffer from very bad joints. Now that could be from the height and weight.. or also because HGH isn't good for joints?
    I bet if athletes had 4 testicles producing double the testosterone, they'd have obvious symptoms of the positives it can have.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

The article states tha HGH is anabolic for muscle, causes muscle hyperplasia and can increase strength. Ive read no study showing it's anabolic for muscle and no study showing it causes hyperplasia for adults, and Ive seen Patrick Arnold write the same. Ive read a study that showed increase muscle mass with HGH, but no strength increase. To me that just sounds like bloating.
    Again if HGH had any of the positives claimed, wouldn't athletes like Bigfoot Silva, Nicolai Valuev and "Big Show" all be extremely lean, muscular and have baby looking skin?
    for the proper dosing of somatropin, yes i will agree with both PA and coop
    hgh will not aid in actual muscle fiber growth, but will have some nice conjunctive effects with testosterone-dosing as a concurrent adjunct

as for hyperplasia - well here i will disagree, in the context of hgh overdosing
    very firm in my belief that too much/too extended time of use may induce such growth patterns
  19. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    depends on what you consider positive
    enlarged heart/organ & bone/plate growth from hgh do not go in category "positive" for me
    I did not say I recommend it...which I do not
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Ive been dosing GABA 2-3 grams preWO for about 2 months and honestly i haven't noticed much at all. In the past i have gone up to 9-15 grams preWO and still nothing besides the usual itching, racing heart and flushing.

Can somebody please link me to Dr. Dana recommended supplements?
  21. Registered User

I think he recommended GABA post WO
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

Dr. What is your say on regular Niacin being hepatoxic at high doses of 1-2+ grams? I have read numerous articles stating this.

Also what changes have you noticed on yourself and/or clients by taking 2 grams of Niacin over a period of time?

Cheers
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. L-Arginine and GH release
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 05:45 AM
  2. Carpel Tunnel and GH?
    By Mr.50 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 01:09 PM
  3. Quick Insulin and GH question