Bcaa & cla
- 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Bcaa & cla
Just needed a bit of guidance please guys.
I've just bought some BCAA's and CLA and a little confused about the times they should be taken. I was following 'bob Parkers routine'. Some Aid to body fat reduction and muscle promotion.
I know BCAAs should be taken pre & post workout. Is it okay to still take my post whey?
And when should I be taking CLA? Because I recently read a post about how fats and fibres shouldn't be combined
Appreciate your responses in advance
- 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
i take bcaas after workout and before bed. and i take cla breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
whats your reasoning behind taking it post workout vs standard protein powder post? also why BCAA's before bed as opposed to protein?
BCAA's are a lil pricey if added to a daily regiment, I try to use them sparingly. How many grams do you take at a time? I generally do about a 10g dose of an 8:1:1 leucine ratio.
04-18-2012, 07:54 PM
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Rochester, NY / Baltimore, MD / Round Lake, IL / St. Louis, MO / Southern CA
- Rep Power
I maintain that for maximum muscle protein synthesis; leucine (alone) should constitute 25% of your total amino acid pool. Otherwise, supplement with protein (complete) and nothing more - it is silly all this pushing of combos and frankly unnecessary.
As for CLA, I have weight-specific recommendations that some find cost-prohibitory on my fatty acid thread; posted in this very forum from a few years back. I maintain the position and sentiment on all fatty acid dosing even today.
That said, fiber can sometimes inhibit absorption of concurrently ingested macros like pertinent fats; so if it is your highest-ranked fiber-containing meal...maybe specialty fats would serve best purpose elsewhere in your diet.
Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
Similar Forum Threads
- By crowes33 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
- By USPlabsRep in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 329Last Post: 02-08-2012, 12:25 AM
- By RonShipman in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
- By LG Sciences in forum LG SciencesReplies: 57Last Post: 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM
- By srocco112 in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 07-04-2008, 07:13 AM