Creatine - AnabolicMinds.com

Creatine

1. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Creatine

Doc,

I have seen first hand people who respond positively to creatine mono and literally blow-up on the stuff. It has never done a thing for me. Now there are a number of different versions and blends on the market including COP. What is you opinion on the most effective form of creatine.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'll add my two cents to this cause mainly I'm interested in some answers myself, I don't respond respond well to mono either while I was trying to add size and strength but since I started cutting I've noticed that it has helped keep my strength and keep my muscles full so maybe people just respond to mono in different ways
  3. Featured Author

The creatine non-responder and we're still trying to solve it with creatine on the market for over 20 years.

First, what reason are you using creatine for? Strength or Size (terms are not synonomous nor homologous); cognitive benefits; longevity; etc...? This is important as it would help me learn what you are trying to gain from creatine and why you think it has NOT performed up to par.

Second, COP is NOT creatine; very distantly related from a structural standpoint; but not creatine.

Third, creatine monohydrate has most of the data BUT other forms shouldn't be dismissed (CEE aside; although that never made sense). A combo product with Russian Tarragon might be a good starting point as you aren't abandoning the monohydrate form and there is decent data behind it. The only products I am aware of to date combining CM + RT are: AEN's Creatine RT / Jarrow Formulas has had Creatine Surge for a lot longer than any other company marketing the two / Magnum's Big C

Fourth, there is data for a couple of salts and esters: MCC and Creatine Orotate have some data behind them as well as Creatine Pyruvate and Creatine HCl (the problem is vested interest groups put most of that data out)

As for my personal opinion on what is the best form for your case; I would try and see if any of those 5 options work:
    1. CM + RT
    2. MCC
    3. CO
    4. CHCl
    5. CP

Not necessarily in that order, but strength of evidence may very well be.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

4. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Size and strength are my primary goals along with all the health benefits as well. MAN make a nice creatine blend are you familiar with their products?
  5. Featured Author

There's actually a study that suggested when people use creatine if the primary goal is purely size, it is best to shorten the rest periods between sets - those people tend to respond best to the effects of creatine on size (as I said though, size doesn't equal strength necessarily and lifting the heaviest weights is not necessarily the key to growth per se).

I used to formulate for MAN...yes, I am familiar with their products. CLOUT and BODY OCTANE are very good if you want a combo set that virtually 100% of users enjoy (can't say that for most peri-workout stuff)...Orotine if you wanted to take an isolated orotic acid salt. I don't think you go wrong either way, plus there is a lot of other good stuff in the products like LCLT/ALCAR, MB12, Mag Orotate, Citrulline Malate, et al... the list goes on. Clout is a bit more bitter than Body Octane but that is to be expected when a product contains a carnitine at > 1 gram (ALCAR in this case).

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  6. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii
    There's actually a study that suggested when people use creatine if the primary goal is purely size, it is best to shorten the rest periods between sets - those people tend to respond best to the effects of creatine on size (as I said though, size doesn't equal strength necessarily and lifting the heaviest weights is not necessarily the key to growth per se).

I used to formulate for MAN...yes, I am familiar with their products. CLOUT and BODY OCTANE are very good if you want a combo set that virtually 100% of users enjoy (can't say that for most peri-workout stuff)...Orotine if you wanted to take an isolated orotic acid salt. I don't think you go wrong either way, plus there is a lot of other good stuff in the products like LCLT/ALCAR, MB12, Mag Orotate, Citrulline Malate, et al... the list goes on. Clout is a bit more bitter than Body Octane but that is to be expected when a product contains a carnitine at > 1 gram (ALCAR in this case).

D_
    This^^^ first paragraph at least. Reason why is creatine enhances atp stores.
  7. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii

D_
    Good stuff.
    I seemed to respond better to creatine when I first used it, now it's like eh...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine Ethyl Ester or Creatine Monohydrate?
    By BoyFromAus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 09:36 AM
  2. Creatine, creatine mono and cutting
    By Boyders in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
  3. Creatine Ethyl Ester Vs. Creatine Monohydrate
    By Bishop2009 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 28