Advertisement should change - AnabolicMinds.com

Advertisement should change

1. Featured Author

Advertisement should change

In pawing through muscle mags, I don't often do double-takes when perusing the latest supplement advertisements that constitute greater volume of the magazine than do articles. However, this time - lab work used in an advertisement piqued my interest. There is a current product on the market that uses apparently before and after Growth Hormone (GH) levels with complete disregard for what it is that they are measuring.

A simple GH measurement is NOT a reliable test for establishing serum estimates of excess or deficiency. GH is secreted from the pituitary in PULSATILE fashion (some is squirted here, a little is squirted there, and so on...), so hormone levels FLUCTUATE GREATLY! Even a level of zero could be normal.

In the ad, the two samples weren't even measured at the same time of day (almost 3 hours apart) which is a complete and utter no, no when evaluating repeat lab tests of the endocrine plight. Please don't fall for this! IGF-1 levels might have been more "interesting" in the aforementioned ad setting if drawn also at the same time of day and under the same conditions (fasting, post-workout, et al...), HOWEVER, this is not to suggest IGF-1 isn't without flaws because we really have a hard time understanding what a normal range is.

Phew...happy to get this off of my chest.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

what were the ingredients in that product?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. AndroXS False advertisement!
    By theforesaken1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 10:23 PM
  2. E-bol advertisement
    By icanrace in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
  3. Highly Offensive Gym Advertisement
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8