48 years old - AnabolicMinds.com

48 years old

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

48 years old

starting back on a program checked on the supplement forum
    and they sent me here to the old folks forum.They recommended the zmk and was questioning the 6oxo at my age what and what quanity would be good for me i'm 6'3 190lb good shape any advice?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
    and they sent me here to the old folks forum.They recommended the zmk and was questioning the 6oxo at my age what and what quanity would be good for me i'm 6'3 190lb good shape any advice?
    i don't understand what you are asking regarding the 6oxo. you are questioning the 6oxo, or they are questioning the 6oxo?
  3. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

ZMK or ZMA are both great products for you. I wouldn't touch any hormonal products without lab testing and a doctor's opinion. Monkeying around with hormones at your age can lead to serious repercussions. If you have E2 issues then 6oxo is OK, but not the best.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

they were questioning, when i told my age. I guess what I wanted to know is what should i be taking when working out
    i started about 3 weeks ago its been about 4 years for me since i really exercised steady.I'm taking a good multi vitamin creatine and fish oil i need to loose the gut and bulk up some.
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

they were questioning, when i told my age. I guess what I wanted to know is what should i be taking when working out
    i started about 3 weeks ago its been about 4 years for me since i really exercised steady.I'm taking a good multi vitamin creatine and fish oil i need to loose the gut and bulk up some.
    look into dth by get diesel. imo it works even better on us older guys. ive used it 4 times before, gives nice aggression in the gym/boost in libido/and a good feeling of well being. either get some protein mix or eat more protein and you should see decent gains on dth. btw i would get some ON protein, it's cheap and does the job.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Give it some time, do some research... your knowledge seems a little sketchy right now. Focus on diet and exercise first.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Give it some time, do some research... your knowledge seems a little sketchy right now. Focus on diet and exercise first.
    I agree...diet and exercise. I would include a good multi-vitamin, fish oils and minerals like ZMK/ZMA. I also think it's important to have some quick protein post workout.

I wouldn't do any hormone therapy including DHEA without the advice of a doctor.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I agree...diet and exercise. I would include a good multi-vitamin, fish oils and minerals like ZMK/ZMA. I also think it's important to have some quick protein post workout.

Good choices for someone it his situation. Nutrtional supplementation is ok.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

I have ordered BSN True Mass Weight Gainer and
    NSI ZMA Ultra 180 Caps I found my recoup time feels excessive and read that the zma should help and taking
    creatine once a day its 5000 mg in the middle of the day i workout in the morning, should I take it before workout and is that enough?I'm taking a good multi vitimin and fish oil also.
    Anything else?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post

I wouldn't do any hormone therapy including DHEA without the advice of a doctor.

I wouldn't accept the advice of most doctors. They know crap about hormones and in particular are ignorant of Estrogen issues in us older men. Most won't even test you for it to even know if you need to get it under control.

You're must be fairly lean at your height and weight, so an AI may not even be needed. Get into a clean diet and solid exercise program.

ZMA is a good choice for anyone, as well as antioxidant supps. I take 100mg of DHEA every day and have not seen any published evidence it is harmful at my age, in fact quite the opposite.

Good luck on getting back into the program.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:29 AM
  2. Been 10 years
    By Gharet in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
  3. 13 Years Old
    By GRIFF1966 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 01:33 AM