Life at 35...

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Life at 35...

I know I'm not as young as I used to be but I don't feel old! My body is again however and I am having to address several issues. I am starting on prescription Test and Armour Thyroid. My test is always low and my thyroid levels are barely "normal" and therefore my Dr. feels that combined with the low Test that it needs to be addressed.

Just want to hear from anyone who is a little older if anyone else is experiencing similar things or taking scrips for Test and Thyroid etc.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%

No clue. I'm 36 (will be 37 in July) and have never had lab work for test. I feel ok... maybe I should ask my doctor to run some tests...

I hope your treatment goes well.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

I have ended up still on the Thyroid and now on a daily 70mg Test/10mgChrysin dermal that is prescribed by my Doc and compounded at the local compounding pharmacy. I feel good but the Doc has had a heck of time getting my T levels to the place he feels is appropriate.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%

I'm 38, 39 in a month. Just int he last 1.5 months I've started to have terrible pains in the upper parts of my triceps on both arms and the upper part of my right elvow. Makes it hard to do any arm work. I wake up and it just aches, then subsides after an hour or so. I went to the doc and he just tried to give me pain killers. Toying with a chiropracter as it may be a nerve? Anyway, this stuff never happened before so perhaps it's part of aging.
    I haven't had the T tested before either. Think I'll ask at next physical. I have noticed less energy during workouts lately, but attributed it to the arms and the hectic pace of life with three kids in youth sports, lol. That also keeps me young though!
    Keep us informed, I'm interested in how it goes....
  5. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Mahoney View Post
    I'm 38, 39 in a month. Just int he last 1.5 months I've started to have terrible pains in the upper parts of my triceps on both arms and the upper part of my right elvow. Makes it hard to do any arm work. I wake up and it just aches, then subsides after an hour or so. I went to the doc and he just tried to give me pain killers. Toying with a chiropracter as it may be a nerve? Anyway, this stuff never happened before so perhaps it's part of aging.
    I haven't had the T tested before either. Think I'll ask at next physical. I have noticed less energy during workouts lately, but attributed it to the arms and the hectic pace of life with three kids in youth sports, lol. That also keeps me young though!
    Keep us informed, I'm interested in how it goes....
    Your symptom may be due to physical stress. I'm currently on HRT. I don't use testosterone - my testes work fine. I'm on HCG and have very high levels of total and free testosterone. I'm also using HGH. I've always lifted heavy and have symptoms similar to yours. I attribute it to scar tissue from muscle and ligament damage. I suggest looking into a good joint care supplement and therapeutic message.

It would probably be a good idea to get some hormonal panels at your age, but if your libido is high and you still have plenty of energy I wouldn't start HRT. You may be have high cortisol levels from stress. phosphaditylserine could help that.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.06%

Thanks. I do have the energy and libido, so i'll check into the joint care. I have a friend who does massages, so I'll check with her. Haven't looked at HGH, do you think that's something to explore?

Windwords, I am not familiar, how does the low thyroid impact you?
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.24%

41, feel great, nagging joint pains from to many years of commercial fishing and lots of snowmachine wrecks. Super Cissus does wonders, for whatever reason I stopped taking it about 6 months ago and those nagging psins are creeping back in. Lots of fish, mellow on the partying and as much down time as I can afford keeps me in the game.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Down time..critical. When I get spread too thin, like right now, I start falling to pieces physically and then mentally.
  9. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks. I do have the energy and libido, so i'll check into the joint care. I have a friend who does massages, so I'll check with her. Haven't looked at HGH, do you think that's something to explore?

You should check your labs. If your IGF level is low HGH could help with recovery. On therapy your level should reach 300, however if you're naturally close to 200 I wouldn't bother.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

low thyroid symptoms are low energy and lots of other body function abnormalities. I don't take much but I feel very level energy wise

Similar Forum Threads

1. PT style workouts at 35 yrs old
    By mclovin30 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
  2. Being lean at 35, 40, 45... More aerobics?
    By Grunt76 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. * * Life Support Now available at Nutra Planet
    By CROWLER in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
  4. Life at 140?
    By rampage jackson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 01:02 PM