Arthritis?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

Arthritis?

MRI on right shoulder 10 months ago: arthritis (this is somewhat painful [weightlifting] but not unbearable).

MRI on spine, herniation/slight bulging disc, L 4, arthritis is playing a part there, too, I believe. Currently doing Chiropractic/rehab for spine. Main problem here is hern. is pinching nerve causing numbness/instability in right leg, some occaisional numbness in left arm.

Supplements:

Cissus Quadrangularis: 3.2-4g day
    Celedrin: 1g day
    Hyaluronic Acid/msm: 200mg, 1800mg day (just started Hyaluronic) day
    Glucosamine/msm: 1.5g, 1.5g day
    Calcium/Mag/vit D: 1g, 500mg, 200 iu (just started this) day

Just got some Pyritinol, will dose 400mg or < day, aware of possible liver hepatoxicity w/ this. I'm gonna do some research on arthritis, then see a doctor to get overall eval. of how much arthritis is messing up my joints. Don't have insurance so doctors are costing me quite a bit right now. For spine, reducing inflamation is goal now, to alleviate pinched nerve, so I'm gonna get some pain pills/anti-inflamatories for this.

I'm also looking at Devil's Claw again, used cheap brand in past, will maybe try this again.

Who has arthritis and what are you taking for it, prescription or herbal/pharmaceutical?

My spine prob is not as bad, I think, as some of posts I've read here. Hopefully I won't have to resort to DRX900 treatment or knife. Core is very weak now, no deads or squats, right leg unstable cause of nerve. Concentrating on chriro/rehab, stretching, bettering posture, prob new bed, lumbar support for sitting, driving, etc.

Any help in this matter, what has helped you, is appreciated.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.02%

I'm currently doing research for friend of mine with crippling arthritis so I have couple articles I can throw your way. Both the spinal problems and the arthritis can be caused by low IGF-1 levels. I recommend you do get tested for Low IGF-1 levels. Typically treatment is HGH shots. I actually think the disk problems are better treated using Oratrophin with HGH booster like PGH-T.

Insulin-like growth factor I gene promoter polymorphism, collagen type II {alpha}1 (COL2A1) gene, and the prevalence of radiographic osteoarthritis: the Rotterdam Study -- Zhai et al. 63 (5): 544 -- Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases

Insulin-like growth factor 1 can decrease degradation and promote synthesis of proteoglycan in cartilage exposed to cytokines.

Entrez PubMed

IGF-1 and Cartilage.pdf
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.27%

Thanks wolf, I'll look into these. Actually back is better, I think I'm getting some of the inflammation down, Valium, various pain relievers, last not least, and out of the blue, Emu oil. Nerve prob in r. leg is getting better, doing stretches, observing posture, maybe space between disk pads at L 4 is widening a little relieving pinched nerve effecting r. leg.
    •   

4. HMM
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.5%

Find yourself the best Neuro you can

Quote Originally Posted by Synicus View Post
    Thanks wolf, I'll look into these. Actually back is better, I think I'm getting some of the inflammation down, Valium, various pain relievers, last not least, and out of the blue, Emu oil. Nerve prob in r. leg is getting better, doing stretches, observing posture, maybe space between disk pads at L 4 is widening a little relieving pinched nerve effecting r. leg.
    Find the best neurosurgeon you can. ASAP.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Based on several studies I read, IGF-1 qorks better if inflammation is reduced and it is more likely to sustain joint health and repair under those circumstances, also note that while HGH stimulates production of IGF-1, it can also cause inflammation.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.33%

Have you had any bloodwork done?
    I have been going through similar problems,sciatic nerve
    pain down my left leg, Achilles tendinitis,ect. the only thing that works for me is to take Naproxin at the onset of pain,and then stop taking it shortly after.My doctors are still trying to figure out what's wrong with me, and my blood panel taken rules out high levels of uric acid(Gout).

Take it slow with the therapy,ect. and follow your good posture practice with all other daily movements(Body sleep position,walking,ect.) Good luck,your not alone.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.86%

MRI on right shoulder 10 months ago: arthritis (this is somewhat painful [weightlifting] but not unbearable).

MRI on spine, herniation/slight bulging disc, L 4, arthritis is playing a part there, too, I believe. Currently doing Chiropractic/rehab for spine. Main problem here is hern. is pinching nerve causing numbness/instability in right leg, some occaisional numbness in left arm.

Supplements:

Just got some Pyritinol, will dose 400mg or < day, aware of possible liver hepatoxicity w/ this. I'm gonna do some research on arthritis, then see a doctor to get overall eval. of how much arthritis is messing up my joints. Don't have insurance so doctors are costing me quite a bit right now. For spine, reducing inflamation is goal now, to alleviate pinched nerve, so I'm gonna get some pain pills/anti-inflamatories for this.

I'm also looking at Devil's Claw again, used cheap brand in past, will maybe try this again.

Who has arthritis and what are you taking for it, prescription or herbal/pharmaceutical?

My spine prob is not as bad, I think, as some of posts I've read here. Hopefully I won't have to resort to DRX900 treatment or knife. Core is very weak now, no deads or squats, right leg unstable cause of nerve. Concentrating on chriro/rehab, stretching, bettering posture, prob new bed, lumbar support for sitting, driving, etc.

glucosamine sucks

injectable glycosaminoglycan is what you should be looking for.
    look into adequan equine

currently in the U.S its approved for use in animals, in europe its approved for human use.

i have couple friends who injected it for shoulder joint problems and within two weeks, they were MUCH better.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.78%

I have two herniated disc and arthritis in some facet joints. I find that liquid glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM works wonders for my arthritis pain.

I am looking forward to trying cissus to see if that helps at all.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my knees + overall when I was 25. mostly I take glucosamine/chondroitin/msm. Started taking xyience xymotion last month, didn't really notice a difference. I just live with it, better than anti inflammatories for life.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    I have two herniated disc and arthritis in some facet joints. I find that liquid glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM works wonders for my arthritis pain.

I am looking forward to trying cissus to see if that helps at all.
    I had an elbow and shoulder area that was a real pain. I could work out but it would hurt and some days I would skip the workout (push it over 2 or so days). I was taking Motrin every other day
    I tried Cissus from USPlabs- 2 a day on EMPTY stomach and it worked great saw BIG difference than few weeks later I added omega fish oils by Twinlab (liquid version) 1 tablespoon every day .
    The combo of the two is great I have ZERO pain . I have NOT dropped the weight I use only difference is those 2 supplements.
    I mention USP few times on this board I have nothing to do with the co but their brand cissus worked great for me and my brother in law (EMPTY stomach is the key) pre workout is great if you train on empty stomach like I do.
    Add the Twinlab omega fish oils (with food) to make it a great joint combo
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Do you like the EMU oil? I tried it for months bought it from TX but it did nothing for me .However I heard some like it
    I found "attacking" the problem from inside the body worked best. I tried lots ointments ,creams none did much
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

what type

Supplements:

Arthritis has many variations (osteo, rheumatoid, ect...) your best to get checked out. Asking "what can I do" on a fourm is a start but for real answers seek real medical services. Serious crippeling, deforming rhematoid arthritis is in my family and they are perscribed Embril / enbrel. Keep lifting (light) and stretching.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.64%

Quote Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
    Arthritis has many variations (osteo, rheumatoid, ect...) your best to get checked out. Asking "what can I do" on a fourm is a start but for real answers seek real medical services. Serious crippeling, deforming rhematoid arthritis is in my family and they are perscribed Embril / enbrel. Keep lifting (light) and stretching.
    Thats true your right .
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

BUMP

looking for any advice here

lots of reasons i havent been around but i hope to continue my log sometime soon possibly starting tonight, there will not be anything impressive at all

1. had knee surgery, strength is still horrible working on that, did my first jog this weekend felt soso took it really easy and slow

2. working on my back now, here are the results from MRIs looking for any advice any of you have to offer

a. degenerative disc disease and anular buldge at L5-S1 wtihout canal stenosis
    b. small central disc herniation at L4-5
    c. minimal right foraminal disc herniation at L3-4
    4. facet joint degerative hypertrophy at L4-5 and L5-S1

-

-id like to get a second or third opinion on my Xrays and MRIs

-ive been dealing with lots of back pain for the past 5years almost and it all started from an injury in college nothing direct just overuse and my back finally gave out and i had to quit the sport and take time off, then i started gym fulltime, and my back hurts doing many things if not everything

-so i started gym back up recently after finishing 2 minor surgeries and in the process of increasing my weights, but really i think i gaveup on being super strong dude at least not till my back feels ok

-right before i stopped working out a few months ago, i hit a few PRs in some movements, like SLDL was Page Ranking and so was squatting but my back hurt and i blew it out doing so, but only on one of those days not all the days

coughing and sneezing hurts a lot, getting out of bed is hard very hard, doing situps is near impossible sometimes which leads me to beleive i have something more wrong with my back perhaps

-so recently my struggle is to get my core alot stronger, and in process of trying to fix my back and figureout whats the best exercises to do to strength my core abs and back to help releave some of my pain and instability

Similar Forum Threads

1. Spinal Joint Arthritis
    By JasonL in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
  2. Arthritis (sp)
    By Stinger124 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 06:13 PM
  3. Is Nancy MacGranahan's arthritis book too good to be true?
    By joebb500 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
  4. arthritis feeling in both wrists IGFLR3 ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 05:20 PM