So I'm almost 40.... Long Cycle? TRT? Should I even care?

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I just finished up a 10 week PH cycle of an epi/test shredding blend called Shredded3 from Alchemy Labs stacked with a GH SARM. I may have started a bit soon and I'm bummed about having to stop to avoid a total shutdown. But will I really be shutdown? Must a SERM?

I'm 38 - averaging 185lbs but I'm at 192lbs after this
5'10" - never done a BF% but jusrt made a dr's appt for labs and BF%.

So coming from the above 10 week stack MUST I have a SERM? How shut down am I really given the fact I'm 38 years old?
I'm on day 1 of the PCT and I'm going to just listen to my local guys bc they have never steered me wrong and their OCT was a god sent when I had super sensitive nipples.

I read alot of info about winny and var not being supper suppressive on the test in the body and it was best not not bring your bodies levels back up for a short amount of time only to squash them again but I got nervous and I'll take the rest of the summer off to not do damage.

What do you guys think?>

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
So I just finished up a 10 week PH cycle of an epi/test shredding blend called Shredded3 from Alchemy Labs stacked with a GH SARM. I may have started a bit soon and I'm bummed about having to stop to avoid a total shutdown. But will I really be shutdown? Must a SERM?

I'm 38 - averaging 185lbs but I'm at 192lbs after this
5'10" - never done a BF% but jusrt made a dr's appt for labs and BF%.

So coming from the above 10 week stack MUST I have a SERM? How shut down am I really given the fact I'm 38 years old?
I'm on day 1 of the PCT and I'm going to just listen to my local guys bc they have never steered me wrong and their OCT was a god sent when I had super sensitive nipples.

I read alot of info about winny and var not being supper suppressive on the test in the body and it was best not not bring your bodies levels back up for a short amount of time only to squash them again but I got nervous and I'll take the rest of the summer off to not do damage.

What do you guys think?>
yes, you need a SERM and you need to do a real PCT.

Var and Winny are both pretty suppresive to the HPTA, as are ALL angrogens, when you take them at effective doses.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

^some reading for you.

not sure why you're talking about TRT, if you just finished your first cycle..... have you ever done any blood work to test your hormone levels?

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
interestingly enough....I actually have nolva but I was saving it for my winny/var stack in the fall.

I have read plenty about SERMs and belive what I have read I just thought the SERM route for PCT of over the counter PH's was a bit overkill.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
interestingly enough....I actually have nolva but I was saving it for my winny/var stack in the fall.

I have read plenty about SERMs and belive what I have read I just thought the SERM route for PCT of over the counter PH's was a bit overkill.
why is it overkill? you don't want a fully functioning HPTA?

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i guess i just felt my PH's were over the counter so my PCT could too.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
i guess i just felt my PH's were over the counter so my PCT could too.
just because the PH was OTC didn't mean it didn't cause significant suppression to your HPTA.

if you don't care about recovery and want to go on TRT, then do whatever.... but if you WANT to recover, then do what has the best chance of helping you to recover....

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
just because the PH was OTC didn't mean it didn't cause significant suppression to your HPTA.

if you don't care about recovery and want to go on TRT, then do whatever.... but if you WANT to recover, then do what has the best chance of helping you to recover....
This

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you’ve always been healthy, not a heavy drinker, anti-depressants, opiates, even propecia user, or haven’t done heavy cycles before, you may very well have good testosterone levels for your age. Hard to know without a complete hormone panel done. There’s even a sticky here to get them done cheap without insurance or a copay for your doc.

Personally, if you’re going to cycle at all in your late 30s, I was always prepared to go on TRT either self-administered which is not recommended, or doctor prescribed. And I love being on TRT, I’d never go back, even if I couldn’t get or keep a doctor(which isn’t hard in the US). Out of pocket self admin TRT with labs every 90days is easily under $400 annually.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone - so I just finished (last week) my pct and all went well. The nolva made me mega constipated but the other vitamins in my OTC stuff helped balance me out too. I don’t think I was shut down that hard and I’m pretty sure my natural levels are back up. There are little things like hair growth (all over my body) that stopped when I was on the PH’s that have all started to come back now and just other things......besides feeling wetaker!

I will get bloods though asap.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote