How to take Berberine, help?!?!

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
First off ive done some blood work on sugar recently and its a lil high and my doctor said its not high enough to do n e thing about. Ive been taking glycoshield for bout 3 months and I feel better way better and have also shed some fat. I like to take 1 pill of glycoshield 30 min before my 1st and last meal of day and I feel better(not so sluggish all the time). The past few days ive only taken it in morning missing my evening dose(almost out) and my workout in the mornings are hard on me (unghhh).
Whats a good amount to start with (mg's) I have Berberine from Bulk Supplements.
Thanks for the help fellas.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Oh and I live on a keto diet which makes me feel better also. Ill cheat like once e2w sometimes not that often (I like the feeling of ketosis, its like my dopamine is elevated)

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Oh and I live on a keto diet which makes me feel better also. Ill cheat like once e2w sometimes not that often (I like the feeling of ketosis, its like my dopamine is elevated)
I have ADD, and was surprised how effective the keto/low carb diet was for managing that....

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
I have ADD, and was surprised how effective the keto/low carb diet was for managing that....
Yeah I have adhd the inattentive type they say (im not physically hyper, its just my mind won't slow down and let me catch up, lol, it actually makes me tired) but yes keto had worked wonders for my mental health plus ive lost 50lbs this year an put on some nice muscle in the mean time. I use a lot of olive oil and I believe (broscience) it helps me lose weight while still putting on muscle, plus olive oil makes my skin color look good. Ramblin', I know right, lol.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
I know I need lower my dose a lil bit cause I believe its giving me the rachy ka ka's, aka mud butt, eww, lol.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think milk thistle will enhance the effects of berberine.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
350-750mg is what the Pubmed I’ve read showed. Majority of folks can do 500mg. About 1/3 had to drop it back to 350 to control mud butt and about as many could get away with 750/day.

You don’t have to split it up if eating enough carbs but since you’re keto I would continue to break it up like you do (except for when you cheat, then dose 10 min prior to carbs).

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 500mg, to 1gm twice a day on an empty stomach. The shtuff is awesome.

NAO1255

NAO1255

Banned
Awards
Berberine [Thorne Research] 500 MG; 1 Cap Morning, 1 Cap Afternoon then 1 Cap Evening about 6:30 PM.
Use Milk Thistle [as a P-Glycoprotein Inhibitor] for Morning and Evening Doses. This sustains the Berberine and makes its IGF-1 releasing effects and Blood Sugar stabilizing effects more long-lasting.