36yo On Clomid For 2 Years

cajuntx

cajuntx

Awards
Hello,

I've been taking 25mg of Clomid EOD for about 2 years now. I haven't had any side effects, and feel good, so far. I had blood work done last year, and everything was good. However, I did notice a big increase in E2 level, so take Calicium D-Glucarate and IC3 ED. Also, take Boron and Nettle Root Extract. I plan on getting blood done next month. My question is really about safety. I read somewhere that clomiphene can be carcinogenic. What does this mean?
Also, the reason I'm taking is due to low testosterone levels, but my wife and I aren't done having kids. She's actually pregnant now with our first baby girl - due this April. A doctor suggested pellets, but again, how does that impact sperm production?

Anyway, I just want to make sure I'm not putting my health at risk with long-term Clomid use. I considered TRT, but don't think it's the best option for me since we're still wanting more kids. Is Clomid the best solution in 2018? I read something about Androxal (enclomiphene), but apparently it didn't make it past trials, and FDA didn't approve. I did find that a pharma company in India produces an enclomiphene variant, but it's a little sketch. I wouldn't trust the source without lab testing. A source in EU told me they don't sell it, so it's pretty much unavailable/unobtainable.

Also, I'm very active and do bodybuilding/powerlifting. My strength has been pretty good on Clomid - currently deadlifting 545 lbs. and squatting 425 lbs. - which is pretty good for a tall guy (6'4"). I just want to keep my hormones in check, but don't want to jeopardize sperm production. I don't take anything else aside from Clomid and herbal supps. Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

mrhappyoz

mrhappyoz

Awards
Low testosterone can have a number of causes. You may be able to resolve this issue a different way, with some blood work and diagnostics.

Common causes -
Insufficient sleep / high cortisol
Insufficient dietary fat - no cholesterol to build T from
Low dietary iodine intake
.. others

Do any of these have potential, so far?

cajuntx

cajuntx

Awards
My sleep is really good (8-9 hours), and stress is minimum. I watch my diet (count macros) and keep my fats around 20-24% of total cals. I don't believe my iodine levels would be low (eat cheese, fruits, veggies, and take multi). My test levels drop from 700s to 200s when stopping Clomid (taking EOD 25mg).

cajuntx

cajuntx

Awards
Right, so it's basically unknown for those of us taking low dosages (25mg EOD or 12.5mg ED). I couldn't find the dosage administered to the rabbits in that one study cited (would be good to know ratio/amount given and for how long). I get vision checked every year, so far no issues. I don't have any of the side effects mentioned in that article. I'm guessing they've taken higher dosages? I realize long-term side effects are unknown since not a lot of studies have been done, which is a shame. That being said, if not Clomid, and if wanting to preserve fertility, what else do men have? I don't see a lot of options. I know HCG is an option, but isn't exactly the most affordable route. I've heard that you can take TRT to keep levels within normal range, and it'll take 3-9 months after stopping for spermatogenesis to return, but still, not 100% on that, and of course if you exceed normal range it's even more speculative as whether it'll ever return.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If bloodwork drops every time you get off clomid then you have hypogonadism and are a candidate for trt . Thats the problem with many people that do clomid , hcg, and ai and test is good. Its when they are poff everything that tells the real story. My endo tested me five times over a two year period and made me stay off anything that would raise test. Im glad he did.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If bloodwork drops every time you get off clomid then you have hypogonadism and are a candidate for trt . Thats the problem with many people that do clomid , hcg, and ai and test is good. Its when they are poff everything that tells the real story. My endo tested me five times over a two year period and made me stay off anything that would raise test. Im glad he did.
Good advice. HPTA Restart protocol using Clomid then HCG is usually what a good doctor will prescribe to protect you from a life of injections, ton of bloodwork and blood donations that IS TRT. If that doesn’t work then TRT is warranted.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

I've been taking 25mg of Clomid EOD for about 2 years now. I haven't had any side effects, and feel good, so far. I had blood work done last year, and everything was good. However, I did notice a big increase in E2 level, so take Calicium D-Glucarate and IC3 ED. Also, take Boron and Nettle Root Extract. I plan on getting blood done next month. My question is really about safety. I read somewhere that clomiphene can be carcinogenic. What does this mean?
Also, the reason I'm taking is due to low testosterone levels, but my wife and I aren't done having kids. She's actually pregnant now with our first baby girl - due this April. A doctor suggested pellets, but again, how does that impact sperm production?

Anyway, I just want to make sure I'm not putting my health at risk with long-term Clomid use. I considered TRT, but don't think it's the best option for me since we're still wanting more kids. Is Clomid the best solution in 2018? I read something about Androxal (enclomiphene), but apparently it didn't make it past trials, and FDA didn't approve. I did find that a pharma company in India produces an enclomiphene variant, but it's a little sketch. I wouldn't trust the source without lab testing. A source in EU told me they don't sell it, so it's pretty much unavailable/unobtainable.

Also, I'm very active and do bodybuilding/powerlifting. My strength has been pretty good on Clomid - currently deadlifting 545 lbs. and squatting 425 lbs. - which is pretty good for a tall guy (6'4"). I just want to keep my hormones in check, but don't want to jeopardize sperm production. I don't take anything else aside from Clomid and herbal supps. Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks! :)
Aromasin at 6.25 E3D would be a perfect compliment to your Clomid use. I've used this before while on Clomid-only, kept E2 around 35 and gave a nice bump to free T.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was on TRT for little more than 2 yrs and during this time my wife and I realized we wanted another kid, unfortunately my sperm was “too low to measure”. I stopped the test and went on Clomid&HCG for about 2 months and I was back and my wife got pregnant.

So, if you still want kids you should hold off on TRT. I do a 4-8 week Clomid “cycle” 1 or 2 times a year to keep my levels above 400-500 and fill fine... I do miss the test though :p