18 gauge for trt

Mayday9

Awards
Welppp went to walgreens to get my trt.....test cyp...they only had 18gauge or 25 gauge....nothing in between...so i got the 18 because i had 25 before nd couldnt draw the cyp....how ****ed am i?

emantest

emantest

Awards
I draw up with an 18 but inject with a 25. Sometimes I’ll inject with a 22-23. The 18 will leave a nice hole which will probably allow a good amount of the test to come back out.

Mayday9

Awards
Yikes....the guy at walgreens said these ones cant switch needles

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I draw and inject with a 25 g 5/8 IM to glutes. 18 g is a freakin’ HARPOON!!

Ase_james

Awards
I draw up with an 18 but inject with a 25. Sometimes I’ll inject with a 22-23. The 18 will leave a nice hole which will probably allow a good amount of the test to come back out.
Ya, i draw with an 18 or 20 and inject with a 23 or 25.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yikes! Even a 22 or 23 is a harpoon!

Mayday9

Awards
And he said i cant switch the needles....does he not know? Or some you cant?

emantest

emantest

Awards
And he said i cant switch the needles....does he not know? Or some you cant?
Go back and buy more should only be about $0.50 each only buy a few of the 25 g one inch or 5/8 not the 1 1/2. I usually buy bulk from eastern medical I buy a box of 25g one inch syringes and a box of 18-20 gauge single use needles.
Before pulling the syringe out of the plastic unscrew the needle and leave in the plastic, take the 18 or 20 gauge needle and draw the dose than replace with the 25 gauge needle than insert into chosen muscle.

sarge40

Awards
If they are luer lock syringes (twist on), yes, you can change the needles. Never saw a syringe with a fixed 18ga needle (not saying they don't exist tho).
You can buy 25ga needles and put them on the syringe after drawing with the 18ga needle. You can also draw and inject with just a 25ga needle, the draw being slightly slower. I actually draw and inject with 29ga 1/2" insulin needles, but it is a damn slow draw. Luckily, I just have to draw .25mL.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
18g. That is a drinking straw! I use 28g, 1 inch, back filling with 18g.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
18g, Imagine you have to inject daily with NPP -or something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will....i couldn't draw with them last time...i pulled all the way back and nothing came out
That's weird, iv drawn with a slin pin before, not easy but still, 25 should be no problem

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will....i couldn't draw with them last time...i pulled all the way back and nothing came out
I pinned with 30g Test/e in the past, LOL. Trick is:
-heat the vial/ampule in hot water
-back fill with another syringe
-inject in delts

Nowadays I use 28g, same procedure.

supaslowdx

supaslowdx

Awards
Wow I can't even imagine pinning with an 18 and I've even used 21s when I had to lol. No way id stick an 18 though.

Now I draw with 18 and inject with 25 or 23 depending on which one I can get since they're free lol.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been drawing and injecting with a 21g for years but lately i’ve noticed the pain to a greater degree; this thread is making me want to go get a different gauge needle for injecting! I usually pin in my quads btw if that makes any difference.

supaslowdx

supaslowdx

Awards
I've pinned pretty much anywhere thats convenient. Delts, quads, glutes, vmo even. My preference is 25g in the medial delt. Currently doing 23g in the VL. I don't like quads because I always seem to bleed and bruise worse there compared to delt and vmo.

9thvenom

Awards
If your having trouble drawing with a 25g let what ever it is your taking sit in a cup of hot water then draw, let the solution cool in the 25g then pin.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
18, thats a lawn dart !! I pull with a 21 and inject with a 27 ...

Mayday9

Awards
If your having trouble drawing with a 25g let what ever it is your taking sit in a cup of hot water then draw, let the solution cool in the 25g then pin.
Ill give it a go......how long do i warm it up for?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do some research on needle size.

I started with 25x1. You want the least amount of scar tissue. You can even inject with a slin pin in quads, shoulders

9thvenom

Awards
I usually let it sit for about a min, depends on how hot the water is, also i only do this with oil based injectables. I dont mess with water based but all this can be avoided if you draw with 18g then switch over to 25g or whatever gauge your comfortable with.

9thvenom

Awards
I usually let it sit for about a min, depends on how hot the water is, also i only do this with oil based injectables. I dont mess with water based but all this can be avoided if you draw with 18g then switch over to 25g or whatever gauge your comfortable with.

trn450

trn450

Awards
Yeah, lol. I wouldn't pin with an 18g. That's just, no.

I've pinned with 21g before, and I'd do that again. But, a 18g? No way.

You need a pharmacist and physician more willing to work with you on this. lol

Mayday9

Awards
Well i was able to change the needle and man ill never go lower then 25g again that was a breeze...i was so excited about it i forgot to sanatize the hcg top

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Welppp went to walgreens to get my trt.....test cyp...they only had 18gauge or 25 gauge....nothing in between...so i got the 18 because i had 25 before nd couldnt draw the cyp....how ****ed am i?
I draw and inject with a 29 ga 1/2" insulin syringe, injecting in delts or thigh. Unless you're a fatty, this will work perfectly, you just need to warm the oil in the bottle by placing in your underarms for a minute or so. Draw will be slow (about 30 seconds), but inject will be quick, super easy, painless, and very little scar tissue.

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Warm the test up, in boiling water, you can draw it up with a 29g slin pin then.

Ase_james

Awards
Ok, i just wasn't paying attention and stuck my thigh with the 20g draw needle. Ouch! Ya, dont poke an 18, i can only imagine...

leosatriani

Awards
Well the lesson to learn here is to buy the proper changeable pins the next time I guess. Sounds correct to draw with the 18 and pin with the 25 should be no problem. Heating the ampule first in warm water is good advice. Makes me glad to go subq with all the frequent pinning the trt guys speak of.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I draw with a 20g Luer Lock and then swap needles for a 25g to inject. 18g is ok to draw but it will eat up the seal if you use the 10ml vials.