TRT and Elevated E2 Estradiol

Davidelsons

Awards
Decided to have my own lab work done on my E2 and it was 46.1.

In a previous post Imentioned my doctor was dismissive and aloof and doesn't plan on seeing me for 3 months and didn't even want to test for E2...

I pin150mg test cypionate. I split the dose. 75 mg every 3 to 4 days.. Subq.

This past week I've noticed increased sensitivity and breast nipple area ...
I've noticed my scrotum is shrinking and my penis seems retracted more... No am/pm erections...no erection at all anytime... sexual activity is possible with physical stimulation but it's very difficult to maintain.

My E2 blood work was drawn over 14 days ago..

I'm going to a new doctor next week..

wondering anyone else have these experiences and is a prescription AI going to be needed or is there over the counter remedies?

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards

In a previous post Imentioned my doctor was dismissive and aloof and doesn't plan on seeing me for 3 months and didn't even want to test for E2...

I've noticed my scrotum is shrinking and my penis seems retracted more... No am/pm erections...no erection at all anytime... sexual activity is possible with physical stimulation but it's very difficult to maintain.

wondering anyone else have these experiences and is a prescription AI going to be needed or is there over the counter remedies?
I have no personal experience with this, but friends I know that are on TRT, were also put on an anti estrogen by their doctor. Over the counter remedies will do little if anything. You need a prescription.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

You’re E2 isn’t terribly high, but I will say that when mine was at 48 I felt like a paranoid psycho. Do what you need to get some Arimidex and start with .25 a week and see how that does. Arimidex is some powerful stuff.

Davidelsons

Awards
You’re E2 isn’t terribly high, but I will say that when mine was at 48 I felt like a paranoid psycho. Do what you need to get some Arimidex and start with .25 a week and see how that does. Arimidex is some powerful stuff.
Thanks... been doing a lot of reading on the forums and Arimidex is very potent ...that's why it would be nice if I could just use an over-the-counter being that I'm not too high I'll probably try that and see how things go and talk to my doctor about getting a prescription...

Appreciate the dosage advice I know you'd person is different but start low and go from there

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some guys have used a combination of zinc, i3c and Dim. I personally know a guy that uses this and it works for him. Most guys it doesn’t work nor does any other OTC supplement.

Davidelsons

Awards
Some guys have used a combination of zinc, i3c and Dim. I personally know a guy that uses this and it works for him. Most guys it doesn’t work nor does any other OTC supplement.
I got some Arim-RX. Will try that

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Davidelsons

Awards
Just curious why you didn’t get a script for Arimidex?
Hey there ....on another post I mentioned that my doctor dismissed me and said he doesn't worry about elevated estrogen unless my testosterone was above us a thousand.....

so I went out and got my own blood work.... this Arimistane should lower my E2 I hear that it's pretty effective we will see

JVee63

Awards
Hey there ....on another post I mentioned that my doctor dismissed me and said he doesn't worry about elevated estrogen unless my testosterone was above us a thousand.....

so I went out and got my own blood work.... this Arimistane should lower my E2 I hear that it's pretty effective we will see
What your dr. said make zero sense. Elevated estrogen is elevated estrogen no matter if your test is 100 or 1000.
The fact that your testosterone is not that high and your E2 is elevated should be telling your dr. something.

Davidelsons

Awards
What your dr. said make zero sense. Elevated estrogen is elevated estrogen no matter if your test is 100 or 1000.
The fact that your testosterone is not that high and your E2 is elevated should be telling your dr. something.
Yeah I've lost confidence... I'm going to a new doctor on Monday a primary physician they have a good reputation of working with other men so hopefully...

I've been using the arimistane for almost 2 days and I've seen a little Improvement with ED...

JVee63

Awards
Yeah I've lost confidence... I'm going to a new doctor on Monday a primary physician they have a good reputation of working with other men so hopefully...

I've been using the arimistane for almost 2 days and I've seen a little Improvement with ED...
Good luck. It is tough to find someone to work with you. Don't stop until you find someone you are happy with, you owe it to yourself.

Davidelsons

Awards
Good luck. It is tough to find someone to work with you. Don't stop until you find someone you are happy with, you owe it to yourself.
Probably the best advice I received has been on these forums....
.".....we use the doctors for the prescriptions and the blood work and it's up to us to monitor and adjust.." no more doctor knows best..

And actually we can order our own blood work and get our own prescriptions online.. in this day and age...

Thanks..

Davidelsons

Awards
Update- The Arimstain is working. PN is no longer retracted,and hanging more normal.... Able to get wood with visual stimulation... took a "little Pill" two nights ago and had hard wood well into the AM and next day... where before it helped only a little...

breast area are less sensitive, almost gone... Nips are little sensitive, but most say that is normal....

will get another test next week.... takes ten days to get results from labcore...

Not sure if i should reduce dose to 50mg a day as opposed to 75? Arim is fairly mild, so ...

did my 100mg test dose subq today, will see what happens over the next few days....

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established

Toremifene 15 mg/day. Don't bother with anything else. AI is very hard to keep dialed in and torem prevents prostate cancer. AI for E2 control is over except in cases with very high E2 >100

Davidelsons

Awards
Toremifene 15 mg/day. Don't bother with anything else. AI is very hard to keep dialed in and torem prevents prostate cancer. AI for E2 control is over except in cases with very high E2 >100
But it lowers free test? Why not use Nolvadex if going that route?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Nolvadex/tamoxifen lowers IGF-1, causes liver cancer, is toxic to the eyes, probably cardotoxic, and is probably neurotoxic as well.

Torem is none of these while at the same time reduces the chances of prostate cancer by more than 90%, and creates a very favorable lipid profile better than basically any drug we know of. It's only slightly weaker than tamoxifen in stimulating the HPG-axis.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with lowering free test. All SERMs raise free test in men with functional testicles. All.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
I would do this versus using research chems. When it comes to TRT, you want to be sure of your dosing, and that might be hard with research chem AIs. Regardless, might want to try this zinc, i3c and DIM and see how you feel. If symptoms subside, might be worth riding that out until your next bloods to see where you’re at before you get Arimidex.

Davidelsons

Awards
32.7 was my estradiol taken last week. The arimistain is working...

I'm increasing my dose for a blast to 500 for the next 8 to 10 weeks coming up from 200..

I ordered some Arimidex online I will probably use that now as it's stronger..

Anyone have a recommended dosage? I'm thinking one pill every other day..

Davidelsons

Awards
Dr. Rand has those YouTube videos where they discuss Men's Health and testosterone excetera..

he puts all his patients on a prophylactic dose 1 ml every other day but also gets extensive blood work follow up...

arimistain did drop my E2 by more than 10 points with in two and a half weeks of use.... at 3 pills a day.

Will it continue to drop my E2 does anyone know? At that dosage?

The reason I ordered the Arimidex is because I'm going to increase my dose to 400 a week.

I wouldn't think arimistain would be strong enough or I would have to increase the dosage a lot.....

So at this point I'm thinking to take 1 ml of Arimidex every other day and get blood work in 10 days?

I showed my new doctor my elevated E2 test and he said he can't advise on that and he would send me to an endocrinologist
... that takes 2-3 months to get in.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
don't use a SERM to manage high E2.... I think you already know that, though.

since you already are planning going to a new Dr, run this all by them and they will hopefully give you the applicable Rx.

Edit: just saw your other post....

anyway, combining OTC stuff and pharma stuff for E2 can complicate things a bit. I'd try to do one or the other, for the sake of simplicity....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
don't use a SERM to manage high E2.... I think you already know that, though.

since you already are planning going to a new Dr, run this all by them and they will hopefully give you the applicable Rx.

Edit: just saw your other post....

anyway, combining OTC stuff and pharma stuff for E2 can complicate things a bit. I'd try to do one or the other, for the sake of simplicity....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html
I second the advice of taking both OTC and prescription. Do one or the other. You won’t know which one to adjust if you need to.

Davidelsons

Awards
I second the advice of taking both OTC and prescription. Do one or the other. You won’t know which one to adjust if you need to.
New doctor was worthless with my elevated E2 he wouldn't even order a test and he didn't even want to see my results and he said he's not an endocrinologist so it went absolutely nowhere...

Okay I'm not going to take both.. arimistain was working but when I go to a higher dose it would mean I would have to take a much larger dose of arimistane..

So this point I'm going to do half a pill of Arimidex every 3 days to get blood work in a couple weeks......

I do have a follow up with my urologist in a few months I'll show him my E2 test maybe he'll then prescribed me but I'll just buy it online if he wont

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New doctor was worthless with my elevated E2 he wouldn't even order a test and he didn't even want to see my results and he said he's not an endocrinologist so it went absolutely nowhere...

Okay I'm not going to take both.. arimistain was working but when I go to a higher dose it would mean I would have to take a much larger dose of arimistane..

So this point I'm going to do half a pill of Arimidex every 3 days to get blood work in a couple weeks......

I do have a follow up with my urologist in a few months I'll show him my E2 test maybe he'll then prescribed me but I'll just buy it online if he wont
Start with .25 mgs twice a week. It’s a good amount to start with. The stuff is pretty strong.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Start with .25 mgs twice a week. It’s a good amount to start with. The stuff is pretty strong.
Great advice. Anastrozole will crash E2 very quickly if overdosed. BTW, I created a bloodwork tracking IOS app that you can use to track/graph bloodwork tests over time:

myBloodTracker
https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

Davidelsons

Awards
Blood Test Update Jan 10th

E2 7.7
Test 1500>
Free T 84.3
Free T % 5.6
Hematocrit 46.1

500 weekly Test cypionate since dec 26th..

** crashed my estrogen by taking too much arimidex... you guys all warned me but it happened quick!!

My estrogen got too low I think a day or two after my blood test I must have been in my sweet spot for a while but blew through it.

I started taking 1 mg Arimidex a day when I increase my testosterone from 250 to 500.
I was taking .5 mg a day.. as I stated before all nipple and breast sensitivity disappeared..

Turns out that was unnecessary obviously.

I believe I was in my sweet spot because I had wood all the time like I was 16 years old again... and then it stopped like a switch.. joints started aching.... I felt miserable I was miserable to be around grouchy irritable etc. I had Man PMS!!

So I will continue my testosterone dosage at same level for another 3 or 4 weeks I'll wait for my E2 to come back and I'll be able to tell obviously by my ED..wood and mood. and then probably go back to the every other day .5 Arimidex and see ?? Or maybe just take 3 times a week...

I appreciate any and all feedback and advice thanks
---------

Incidentally the reason I've increased my testosterone dose slowly over the past several months is I'm trying to find a
Dose that gives me a clinical strength increase in the gym.... I'm not trying to get huge and pack on all kinds of muscle or anything like that in a short period of time. I just found that 250 a week wasn't really doing anything for me for strength so I thought I would double and see what happens......

that sure works!!! from the very first week at 500 I could add weight to the bar each week gradually and felt great!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That low E2 makes you feel absolutely terrible! Increasing testosterone from 250 to 500! So this is not TRT anymore, is your intent now to cycle?

Davidelsons

Awards
My intention was to find a dosage that would actually give me some strength increase and experiment with it so yes im in cycle... and then I would drop down to the lowest dose that at least give me strength...

I was going to run at 500 for about 12 weeks.... I may find clinical strength increase with a lower dosage of around 3 to 400 consistently...

I think with my Constitution I need a higher level trt then somebody else maybe...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My intention was to find a dosage that would actually give me some strength increase and experiment with it so yes im in cycle... and then I would drop down to the lowest dose that at least give me strength...

I was going to run at 500 for about 12 weeks.... I may find clinical strength increase with a lower dosage of around 3 to 400 consistently...

I think with my Constitution I need a higher level trt then somebody else maybe...
Ok, go the opposite way, you are at 250 mg (which is already higher than TRT dose) and increase it by 50 mg every month.

Davidelsons

Awards
Ok, go the opposite way, you are at 250 mg (which is already higher than TRT dose) and increase it by 50 mg every month.
I'm at 500 right now.. I got to 500 by

started at 100 week nov 11th
Increased to 200 week by dec 17th
Then to 500 on dec 26th..

I didn't try 300 to 400 a week yet... I jumped 500 to see what would happen..

Jobu777

Awards
You have to get on an anti e. My estrogen skyrocketed to crazy levels. It was a miserable experience. If you go with anasterzole a small amount goes a long way. The hardest thing about TRT is maintaining proper estrogen levels, too low you get libido crash and very sore joints, too high huge bloat and no libido among other side effects - psychologically. You're still relatively low but it sounds from your post your E is starting to creep up and impact you. I ended up getting off TRT and my testoterone is in the normal range after years of being below normal.

Davidelsons

Awards
Taking Arimidex... will take some time to get dose correct.

I hve moon face bloat.. slowly going down with calorie deficit.