Which is better for treating liver

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Which should I choose to do best job for liver treatment?
Silymarin
Or
Milk thistle
Also where can I get the best deal possible to buy in bulk, plus quality ?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't Silymarin a component of Milk Thistle?

Your far better with N Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) Just as cheap if you buy in bulk and also has far better studies on it than Milk Thistle

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
TUDCA is for sure the better option than what you're proposing.

What do you need liver support for?

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Well not 2 b a d### but for my liver. Guess imma explain myself. Here it goes, I'm on trt, just looking 2 keep things copasetic, alongside I used 2 drank,like a pro if ya know what I mean. N e one else wanna share with the group, world star, lol.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Ain't that what all the kids r talking bout these days? World Star!!!! Friggin kids.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well not 2 b a d### but for my liver. Guess imma explain myself. Here it goes, I'm on trt, just looking 2 keep things copasetic, alongside I used 2 drank,like a pro if ya know what I mean. N e one else wanna share with the group, world star, lol.
yeah the reason is what i meant... you dont take liver support just for the hell of it. Its the one organ in the human body that regenerates naturally so it doesnt need "maintenance" unless there is some undue stress (like drinking and aas).

if you're no longer drinking like that, you prob don't need to be taking anything and being on trt your doc should be monitoring all of your boodwork to let you know if you need supports. There's no reason to self-medicate just for shiits and giggles.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bruh appreciate it and no I don't drink n e more and my liver is healthy besides the scarring I did 2 it. Alongside that I do bloods for my hormone doc and it's also required by my personal doc every 6 mnths and yesterday their gonna start only 1 time yearly. So thanks. But im still gonna keep some handy just 2 have n case it's needed down the road. Again thanks booneyman77!!!!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CEL TUDCA is a great option for you OP. Cost effective and proper dosages.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ditto Tudca, esp if on cycle. Tudca is hands down the best Ive found though my research

Ive heard injectable glutathione is awesome for healing liver. dont have experience with it though

Milk thistle at around 80 %silymarin 150-500 mgs depending on liver conditions

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Ditto Tudca, esp if on cycle. Tudca is hands down the best Ive found though my research

Ive heard injectable glutathione is awesome for healing liver. dont have experience with it though

Milk thistle at around 80 %silymarin 150-500 mgs depending on liver conditions
What do you recommend dose wise for on cycle support?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you recommend dose wise for on cycle support?
if using an oral then tudca at 750 mgs daily. That probally enough for liver ezymes

I did a 30 day phera cycle month of september and did phera maybe five days per week, tudca 750 mgs on oral dosing days and 500 mgs on non days.

also ran milk thistle 80% silymarin at 350 mgs and AI Sports Cycle support, which has milk thistle, nac, and some other stuff in it. was it overkill? I dont know.

Cashmir

Awards
TUDCA is for sure the better option than what you're proposing.

What do you need liver support for?
Hi, new here and spotted this thread. Just a wondering; quick question...would tudca be any good for a 35 year old male who had a acute liver infection years ago due to substance/alcohol abuse, for a round of maintenance and with future health in mind. Ive never done test ..just adding this cause it might be important to your any answer you might give. Thx in advance grtz

Cashmir

Awards
Uhh i forgot since then i can sometimes feel my liver when i take high dosis of creatine..maybe i needed to add this tidbit as well

Cashmir

Awards
Ah yes does anyone know ...off the bat if tudca has any adverse interactions with rhodalia rosea, magnesium taurate, l-tyrosine, nac or choline bitartrate? Thx in advance for any good response...i know these sups are also nootropics..but the question is geared towards tudca usage :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah yes does anyone know ...off the bat if tudca has any adverse interactions with rhodalia rosea, magnesium taurate, l-tyrosine, nac or choline bitartrate? Thx in advance for any good response...i know these sups are also nootropics..but the question is geared towards tudca usage :)
I wouldnt think more natural stuff like this would

now 5-htp, and L-dopa effect serotonin and dopamine , and it mixed with a serotonin releaser this can cause serotonin syndrome

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TRT doesn't stress the liver... Unless your TRT is M1T

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks...yeah I just googled it so imma read on it a little

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was mostly just a joke. M1T is never used in TRT. It's a brutally harsh steroid. But yeah, injectable test won't stress the liver, that was my main point. Liv52 isn't bad once in a while for overall health though.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
It was mostly just a joke. M1T is never used in TRT. It's a brutally harsh steroid. But yeah, injectable test won't stress the liver, that was my main point. Liv52 isn't bad once in a while for overall health though.
When u say once in a while, what is once in a while? Like use liver cleanse for a week every 2 to 3 months or what ya mean?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I only use it if my bloodwork shows a need for it (elevated liver enzymes). I don't believe in yearly cleanses, etc.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly I only use it if my bloodwork shows a need for it (elevated liver enzymes). I don't believe in yearly cleanses, etc.
And elevated liver enzymes are your AST and ALT on bloodwork test results.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
This.

NAC is superior to any other liver protectant you can buy. 600-1200 mg 3X/day and your liver can take a serious beating without harm.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This.

NAC is superior to any other liver protectant you can buy. 600-1200 mg 3X/day and your liver can take a serious beating without harm.
Agreed. Pair it with mega dose ALA (1500mg/day) and it’s benefits increase. Something with the bodies abilities to excrete the toxins increases when they’re paired together

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Pair it with mega dose ALA (1500mg/day) and it’s benefits increase. Something with the bodies abilities to excrete the toxins increases when they’re paired together
They both regenerate glutathione, so this makes perfect sense.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont take NAC close to blood work,do away with it, maybe two weeks, it causes elevated liver enzymes readings.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah the reason is what i meant... you dont take liver support just for the hell of it. Its the one organ in the human body that regenerates naturally so it doesnt need "maintenance" unless there is some undue stress (like drinking and aas).

if you're no longer drinking like that, you prob don't need to be taking anything and being on trt your doc should be monitoring all of your boodwork to let you know if you need supports. There's no reason to self-medicate just for shiits and giggles.
Booneman77 This is very correct

The liver is actually one of the fastest healing organs in the body. The kidneys on the other hand.. Well if thier deteriorated then they stay like that. Very little healing happens within the kidneys.

But.. If your battering your liver constant then i see no harm in adding something to aid but.. Its only an aid. You really need to focus on cutting out whats causing thr damage. Trt itself will have very little impact but.. Alcohol. Thats a poison to our system if its constantly abused and also drugs... You cant use supplements as a crutch and expect to be in perfect order. Slow down in everything else first.

Health is one of the best things we can keep in life so take care of it before you end up regretting decisions later in life.. Trust me on this i would abuse alcohol like any normal lad would in his prime but now im older i save stuff like that for the odd occasion and its far more enjoyable and safer on my liver.

Never forget water.. Alot of guys on here will have that nailed though. I drink atleast 4+ litre every single day and my health is perfect. Some people just dont get enough and use fizzy drinks to fill the blanks. I think its so underestimated how important keeping your body hydrated also. Soon as i wake everyday its 2 large glasses just to get my system kickstarted. So add that into your lifestyle and it will also help keep you healthy

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Booneman77 This is very correct

The liver is actually one of the fastest healing organs in the body. The kidneys on the other hand.. Well if thier deteriorated then they stay like that. Very little healing happens within the kidneys.

But.. If your battering your liver constant then i see no harm in adding something to aid but.. Its only an aid. You really need to focus on cutting out whats causing thr damage. Trt itself will have very little impact but.. Alcohol. Thats a poison to our system if its constantly abused and also drugs... You cant use supplements as a crutch and expect to be in perfect order. Slow down in everything else first.

Health is one of the best things we can keep in life so take care of it before you end up regretting decisions later in life.. Trust me on this i would abuse alcohol like any normal lad would in his prime but now im older i save stuff like that for the odd occasion and its far more enjoyable and safer on my liver.

Never forget water.. Alot of guys on here will have that nailed though. I drink atleast 4+ litre every single day and my health is perfect. Some people just dont get enough and use fizzy drinks to fill the blanks. I think its so underestimated how important keeping your body hydrated also. Soon as i wake everyday its 2 large glasses just to get my system kickstarted. So add that into your lifestyle and it will also help keep you healthy
When u say don't use supplement as a crutch...what exactly is that statement pointed at? Do u mean using supplements in place of drugs or do u mean using a liver cleanse as an excuse to harm liver with alcohol and or drugs, aas, ect. thinking everything will be alright as long as liver cleanse is around? Im not trolling, it's just my inattentive adad.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What it means is when someone hammers thier liver with alcohol but thinks taking NAC or Tudca will stop any damage happening.. Using it as a crutch.. So yeh your right.

An example is a friend of mine has very high blood pressure due to him carrying far too much weight.. He believes that medication is the answer when in fact its him piling on far too much weight (fat) if he lost the weight (In time of course) then thiers a high chance (Almost certain) that his blood pressure problem would subside or stabilise.. Ie no medication.

wrugg08

Awards
Milk Thistle and phosphatidylcholine combo cant go wrong.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
What it means is when someone hammers thier liver with alcohol but thinks taking NAC or Tudca will stop any damage happening..
How do you think this damage occurs? It's oxidative stress. Mitigate the oxidative stress and damage doesn't happen.

This is science, not voodoo...