Testosterone for beginners?

SKS

SKS

Awards
I am a 35 yr old male who is wanting to get back into shape.. I've been starting with Calisthenics, Unfortunately I don't have the "GO" anymore I have noticed not only with workouts but in other places. Didn't think it would happen to me at this age but I guess I got the **** end of the stick .. trying to put on in chest area arms etc. So the question is can anyone shoot some advice on a tbooster I am 35 bout 195-200 and 5'8 if it matters ..Would like to get rid of this last maybe 10 years of party my gut off... thanks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to the place to change your health. Testosterone boosters are only slightly effective for older males. At 35 you are not going to see anything appreciable.

Start by getting a full blood workup that includes testosterone, free testosterone, LH, FSH, thyroid and estradiol.

Get a handle on macros. Google tdee and calculate what yours is. Drop your calories by 250 to 500.

Look at Starting Strength as your lifting program and lift. Lifting weights is more effective than calisthenics.

Ask questions here as you become more knowledgeable. Good luck.

Reactions: Nac
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please explain?
Your question makes me think that you are just starting out. IMO, you need to get your diet and workout dialed in before you start adding SARMS, Andros or AAS.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please explain?
I skipped the advise given here on AM and went right on Sarms, PH's and growth hormone stuff, while being badly out of shape from binge eating -and drinking 14 years in a row.
Even though my discipline and workout ethic was top notch (I'm a hopeless maniac), I wouldn't do it again that way.
Why? Because the extra pounds and the weak body can't handle it.
Hormones go completely nuts, I even lactated once and felt mostly like sh1t during my cycles. Then, injury strikes, because strength got up but tendons lagged behind.
The right way is:
-Press your azz cheeks together, train hard, sleep well and eat clean for at least 1-1.5 years. When all progress stalls, then you decide what to take if anything.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember when you were lactating. Weren't you going to send us all samples of your breast milk?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when you were lactating. Weren't you going to send us all samples of your breast milk?
I gave it to your wife, she said you ate it all with your breakfast cereals. :)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gave it to your wife, she said you ate it all with your breakfast cereals. :)
Well that explains the sudden increase in my rows and one armed landmines

Jcruddy

Awards
Your question makes me think that you are just starting out. IMO, you need to get your diet and workout dialed in before you start adding SARMS, Andros or AAS.
Then what after all that is in place?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Then what after all that is in place?
I got a great plan, how about start your own thread to ask questions rather than highjacking others threads. Might be a good starting place.