Need help...are my test levels low?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello,

I have historically suffered from low test. Back in 2009, I had to go on Clomid therapy to get my test levels back in range. I honestly forgot what they were but it was low enough for me to need Clomid. Now, 2017, my wife and I are trying to have a child (I have a step son and we're trying for another) and I just got my testosterone results from the doctor. I'm 35 by the way...

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS 306 ng/dL 250 - 1100 ng/dL

TESTOSTERONE, FREE 54.2 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

My doctor said I have nothing to worry about and that my test levels are within range....but I saw this table
Total-Testosterone-Range-Chart.png

For my age, it says my test levels should be in the 590s ng/dL. Should I be concerned? I did ask my doctor if my test is on the low side and she just dismissed me and said that it's absolutely fine.

Thanks!

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am in a similar, boat. About to give doc a baseline off cyclw result to see if i can get TRT too. I explained systems, that i traon and have a lower end baseline. To keep me away from PH use, i think he will authorize it or said he would... hopefully get TRT, so i can spare my liver and sell my PH cabinet.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am in a similar, boat. About to give doc a baseline off cycle result to see if i can get TRT too. I explained symptoms, that i train and have a lower end baseline T level which is hurting recovery, libido... To keep me away from PH use, i think he will authorize it or said he would... hopefully can get TRT, so i can spare my liver and sell my PH cabinet.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

I have historically suffered from low test. Back in 2009, I had to go on Clomid therapy to get my test levels back in range. I honestly forgot what they were but it was low enough for me to need Clomid. Now, 2017, my wife and I are trying to have a child (I have a step son and we're trying for another) and I just got my testosterone results from the doctor. I'm 35 by the way...

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS 306 ng/dL 250 - 1100 ng/dL

TESTOSTERONE, FREE 54.2 pg/mL 35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

My doctor said I have nothing to worry about and that my test levels are within range....but I saw this table
View attachment 150123

For my age, it says my test levels should be in the 590s ng/dL. Should I be concerned? I did ask my doctor if my test is on the low side and she just dismissed me and said that it's absolutely fine.

Thanks!
Total T is indeed very low but since you are trying for a baby getting on TRT would be a crime. Often, low test levels like yours, equals difficulties in conceiving. Still, low test levels is only one factor. If you also encounter low sex drive and low seminal fluid, doc must ask for more tests

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello,

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS306 ng/dL250 - 1100 ng/dL

TESTOSTERONE, FREE54.2 pg/mL35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

View attachment 150123

Thanks!
Find an endocrinologist and see if they will prescribe Clomid. TRT will not help with conception. It will actually decrease your chances.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go to ExcelMale dot com and research. Plenty of guys trying to have children on clomid therapy.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll ask my doc for Clomid therapy options.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No trt for trying to have a baby but if your doc says your in normal range he's a tard

RockyP

Awards
Before anything else you should have a sperm count done.
Also...do you have symptoms? cause if you don't then I would not worry about it. Once you get on TRT you will jeopardize the T production later on. Additionally you might have to stay on it forever.
I am 50, almost 51, and at 49 my test was at 190. Saw 3 different Endos they all said my body was no longer producing it as it should. I felt like crap every single day, I mean I could not do anything without 2 red bulls. After months of refusing it i got on it and it changed my life BUT I am on it forever now.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Rocky,

Actually I do have symptoms of low test such as lethargy, easily putting on fat, low libido, erectile difficulties, mild depression etc. I did get a semen volume/sperm count check back in 2013 and it came out at normal range but I should get it done again.

RockyP

Awards
But what i am saying is that those symptoms could be given by depression. It's a tough diagnosis to make for any doctor. But I would make supersure before getting on trt. At 35 depression could cause a lot of damage. Test requires a lot of energy for production and when you are depressed it becomes difficult for the body to do so. So that would explain the test results. I would definitely try all I can to address whatever depression and then see how the numbers come out, as getting on trt at 35 is not optimal.