Help me make sense of my Test level

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I'm 34, but I thought that's close enough haha...I turn 35 in Jan of '18, and not quite looking forward to it

Anyway had a blood test recently and requested my test level checked...It's amazing I had to push for it...(More men should be asking for this, so that it's not a shock when a patient is interested!)

The number on the panel is 5.56 ng/mL
Doctor said it was out of 2.3 to 7.8 or something like that? (....I thought the parameters were different...)

She thought I was on the high side and said, "don't ask me for any hormones."
...Not that I want to be on TRT yet, but her tone was annoying.

What type of Test level did they scan for? Is my number decent? ...I honestly have more faith in the replies of this board...Thanks!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you get a copy of your results? It should have the low/high range listed. This will give you and idea of where you are in relation.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I'm 34, but I thought that's close enough haha...I turn 35 in Jan of '18, and not quite looking forward to it

Anyway had a blood test recently and requested my test level checked...It's amazing I had to push for it...(More men should be asking for this, so that it's not a shock when a patient is interested!)

The number on the panel is 5.56 ng/mL
Doctor said it was out of 2.3 to 7.8 or something like that? (....I thought the parameters were different...)

She thought I was on the high side and said, "don't ask me for any hormones."
...Not that I want to be on TRT yet, but her tone was annoying.

What type of Test level did they scan for? Is my number decent? ...I honestly have more faith in the replies of this board...Thanks!
First question that comes to mind for me is, Why do you feel like you need to be on TRT?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you get a copy of your results? It should have the low/high range listed. This will give you and idea of where you are in relation.
I have a copy of the complete blood work panel, but no range listed

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First question that comes to mind for me is, Why do you feel like you need to be on TRT?
Mostly curious where my levels are...
However, I've had some symptoms which could be related to a decline.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mostly curious as to where my level is...
Have had some symptoms of a decline though and wanted to rule out low T as the problem...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mostly curious as to where my level is...
Have had some symptoms of a decline though and wanted to rule out low T as the problem...
Look at diet, sleep pattern, stress levels and alcohol or drug use (prescribed and abused) before getting on TRT. With the levels you posted and reference range, your levels look good, but it would be better to see more on your labs. Don't get offended by the alcohol and drug use statement. There's been guys on here that have an addiction issued and didn't tell anyone until a lot of advice was given. Keep us posted on any other labs.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Check out this testosterone conversion calculator:

https://www.nebido.com/tools/index.php/en/default/index/conversion-tool

Shows your levels are 556 ng/dl (multiply your value x 10) which is basically within normal range but possibly about 50-100 pts below the average for your age. A situation where natural optimization (diet, supps like zinc pico and KSM-66) may be called for, and something to monitor.

sarge40

Awards
Free testosterone is more telling than total testosterone. If you are high SHBG, you can have normal total testosterone levels and low free testosterone, and feel hypogonadal. That was my exact situation, although I was low-normal to begin with. There are ways to get SHBG down, but I never had luck doing it with any natty supps.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm thinkin of OL labs Test1fy ....any thoughts?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Justlooking5

Oh wow, thanks man!
...I'm hoping a quality test booster can get that to 600 :/
Sarge is right also about free test, you should find out what yours is. (Your doc should be able to order it especially if you're having symptoms).

If I were you I'd try KSM-66 Ashwaganda, along with Zinc Picolinate. KSM-66 has been shown in a number of studies to give a 90-100pts boost in test above whatever your baseline is. The Zinc may also be helpful.

If your doc won't order free test maybe switch as she sounds obstinate unnecessarily.