Getting 'some' when kids are around

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Dont put me as an ******* but we all have needs...

So, things were great before I moved in with the missus as I had my own bachelor pad, but now her lad is growing up he sits in his room ALL day and night playing xbox or wandering round on his phone asking questions 24/7 (has some sort of none-detectable hyperactivity/ADHD) "why is the moon round? Why would you buy a ps4 when you could have an xbox? Why this, why that?"

We NEVER have any sex as hes always around, sometimes going to bed after us! He then asked to have the room next door to us with thin walls and the missus point blank refused based on the fact he'd hear every fart, burp or 'scream'

Before I moved in she used to dump her lad with the Ex every other weekend and come over for a wild two days, but now the arsehole has moved away 200 miles he never sees his son anymore leaving me with a teenager I cant shake off!

The lad even came back from his grandmas the other week when he was being dropped off - the missus hung around too long for a cup of tea and the lad decided he would actually like to come home with his mum instead for the weekend - I was like FFS! WHEN WILL WE EVER GET ANY TIME ALONE.

Ive given him a hobby too - he goes MMa/stick fighting, great - but its at the same time IM at the gym!

So, those with kids - how do you do it?? How do you get ~ANY kind of sex life - Im tempted to move out, Im not a cheater so Im not going to mess around.

Thanks
BlueBalls

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't say how old he is, but sounds like maybe teenage. I have younger kids 5 and 9, but there is no question getting alone time takes planning and adjustment. You are coming in as the new man, so who knows what they had allowed prior to you. For our kids, they know bedtime is 8:30 and they are to stay in their room because it's mom and dad time. This doesn't always happen, but guidelines need to be set. Might need to get creative with your time and adjust when you workout as you mention he is in MMA at the same time.

Question- does the mom have an issue with this or is it just you. If she doesn't have a problem with the current set up, then you may be SOL.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I'd move out and be single again if she didn't try harder to arrange some alone time

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
LMAO - I know how to get my two year old out of bed....just start fooling around with my wife. Works every $%&* time; it's actually amazing because he's on the other side of the house. I've been dealing with that for 9 years now with my two older boys. Vacations without the kids are sure fun though!

Give the kid some money and I'm sure he'll leave you alone.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Things have improved, I literally spelt it out to her = Make more effort, both of us, or there is a hug chunk missing from our relationship.

I told her I was annoyed she'd brought the lad home when it was supposed to be 'our time' and Ive told relatives to stop coming over when the kids arent here (ie. when a stay-over bed is now free) because, well, we need some time together.

Hardest part before was all the rpessue "cant wait for Saturday night!" Then come saturday night, something would happen, she'd feel ill or wed get too drunk or Id have to work, and so the moment passes.... I then wait for morning s*x and what happens? She cant sleep, gets up ealry to walk the dog, and goes to fetch the lad early - Game over for another two weeks!

However, the other night, we just went like rabbits in the kitchen while ordering some goodies online... it got us so excited we hadnt finished the ordering process before getting it on.

So, for others, thats the key I think, make room for it, and it will happen but you cant wait for that gap or 'queue' every time and dont be too busy with other things! We've taken a day off to do the DIY for example, instead of doing it at the weekend and ruining possible time together.

Explain its important, spell it out, communicate and then be up for it when a chance arrives... if she's still not bothered get her some supplements (recommend siberian ginseng ) and if still no... move out.