TRT + Ostarine

1. TRT + Ostarine

So I have been on TRT for 6 years now, lifting 3/4x wk walking 10 miles a day. I recently used a body composition device that measures muscle, water, organs, bones etc.. Currently 230lbs with 196lbs of lean muscle and 34lbs of fat. My diet is okay. In the past 2 months I developed some major bicep tendinitis and the last time I developed tennis elbow I used Ostarine 25mgs (research chem) to help with the healing. So this time I figured I would run it again but at 12.5mgs. (same chem retailer) In December, I have been using it for a week and got my routine blood work for my doctor and just saw the results this month.

Total Test 1187
    Free Test 398 (ref range 46-224)
    Bio Test 853 (ref range 110-575)
    SHBG 13 (10-50)
    DHT 34 (16-79)
    Red Blood Cell count 5.92 (4.2-5.8)
    Hemoglobin 17.5 (13-17.1)
    Hematocrit 54.3 (38-50)

Previous bloods in the past were never like this FYI. I just donated blood yesterday because of the high Hematocrit count. So, I was at the gym before I gave blood and got dizzy and had breathlessness with little to no exertion and immediately thought I need to donate now! I have 2 questions: would Osta cause this in just 1 week or is it not really Osta and something being passed as Osta? Has anybody experienced this before or got tests after taking Osta? Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Smart move to immediately donate blood. Following.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   

3. From one lifter on TRT to another. May I suggest using this app to track these hormone tests:

myBloodTracker

-All tests stored locally on your iPhone/iPad
    -Features over 200 blood tests with customizable ranges and units.
    -Full male/female hormone panels

4. Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I dont have any apple products to use that app on.

5. I don't think Ostarine would cause this at all. I've used it myself, and have read multiple logs with bloodwork and never seen anything like that.

Have you tweaked your TRT protocol? You're free testosterone is way out of range – even for the optimal values that TRT clinic seek. I'm guessing it may have spiked somehow and the extra T floating around is messing with your hematocrit and hemoglobin. Also, just bear in mind that if anything the Ostarine would be lowering your T after a few days so your T is probably higher. You should think about dropping the TRT dose or stop taking anything that might raise Free T like DHEA
    •   

6. @wrugg08 - i've been researching this a bit more since I recently started TRT myself – and I'm currently two weeks into an Ostarine "blast" (only 12.5 mg / day). I have read some other reports on this as well - and there is a possibility that the selective nature of the Sarms took priority on the androgen receptors, leaving more Free T floating around. However others have reported no such issues when running larger stacks of Sarms so I guess it's user-dependent but something to keep an eye on.

It still seems unlikely that the Ostarine would have caused that in a week IMO.
    Also, when you got those initial labs, may I ask if there were any impact on lipids? I assume there would have been. And, are you running anything now?

7. Good info to know as I will be running ostarine during my cruise.
    Black Lion Research Representative

8. I ran Ostarine at 25 mg ED and my lipids did rise. Here are the graphs from using MyBloodTracker app:

9. Good to know Kenpo - although it doesn't look too bad from what I can tell. Can you let me know what your HDL was and how long you ran it for?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cycloman View Post
    Good to know Kenpo - although it doesn't look too bad from what I can tell. Can you let me know what your HDL was and how long you ran it for?
    Ran it for 8 weeks. Here is my HDL graph just note that my HDL has been low for a long time. No matter what I do it doesn't rise:

11. Not sure I buy his answer either, whenever I quit eating carbs and go keto my hdl numbers always increase significantly.

12. My doctor told me exercise and niacin help boost hdl. So I took niacin for 3 months and my hdl went from 16 to 31. I am 38 and my hdl has always been in the teens.

13. I ran osterine a few months ago, loved that stuff! Good idea to help with tendon recovery IMHO. I personally think that Ostarine could raise t levels while on TRT b/c the ostarine competes for the androgen receptors, which would lead to higher free and TT. Not sure if that is proven by science, but makes sense to to me and wondered if that sort of thing happened.

14. I had a similar experience to you. Very similar numbers on only 120mg of Test C a week. I think it's because Ostarine significantly lowers SHBG. Mine was 6 after 2 months of Ostarine at 10mg a day.

15. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    I ran Ostarine at 25 mg ED and my lipids did rise. Here are the graphs from using MyBloodTracker app:
    How long did it take for your lipids to stabilize after the Ostarine cycle?. Wondering because if I go with the dr I am considering for trt he would want tests every 3 months and I wouldn’t want any abnormal results. Also, did you have any blood thickening from the Ostarine?

16. Quote Originally Posted by JoePaul39 View Post
    How long did it take for your lipids to stabilize after the Ostarine cycle?. Wondering because if I go with the dr I am considering for trt he would want tests every 3 months and I wouldn’t want any abnormal results. Also, did you have any blood thickening from the Ostarine?
    It took about 6 months for my lipids to stabilize. No change to hematocrit.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Wow man that is a long time! Would have never guessed it took that long.

18. Quote Originally Posted by pswain1 View Post
    My doctor told me exercise and niacin help boost hdl. So I took niacin for 3 months and my hdl went from 16 to 31. I am 38 and my hdl has always been in the teens.
    My doctor told me there isn't anything one can take to increase one's HDL. I need a new doctor. LOL.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

19. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Ok last questions to you for awhile! ( You seem to be a wealth of knowledge on all things trt and I really do appreciate all the info). What kind of gains or body fat loss did you get from the run? Also, I couldn’t tell from from the graph, but at its worst time, how low did your HDL get and high for your LDL? You seem to have a low HDL to begin with much like I do.

20. Honestly, ostarine did nothing for either. If you are on TRT then my advice is to not use ostarine and get your diet and lifting program under control. I felt ostarine was a complete waste of time and health.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Honestly, ostarine did nothing for either. If you are on TRT then my advice is to not use ostarine and get your diet and lifting program under control. I felt ostarine was a complete waste of time and health.
    Mark,

What did your SHGB go down to on the Ostarine cycle and how long did it take for it to go back up? Did estrogen rise significantly due to having a lower SHGB which creates higher free t which could then potentially aromatize into estrogen?

22. Quote Originally Posted by JoePaul39 View Post
    Mark,

What did your SHGB go down to on the Ostarine cycle and how long did it take for it to go back up? Did estrogen rise significantly due to having a lower SHGB which creates higher free t which could then potentially aromatize into estrogen?
    Never had SHBG tested while using ostarine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Questions about trt and ostarine ran concurrently.
    By Demgainz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 11:04 AM
  2. Ostarine + TRT
    By WeizenHeimer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2015, 03:49 PM
  3. HOW WILL TAKING OSTARINE AFFECT A ROUTINE TRT BLOOD TEST??
    By Presa in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2015, 11:20 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
  5. Ostarine & TRT bloodwork
    By PEETAAH in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 09:11 AM