Supps to take while on TRT

Raptor3

Awards
Currently on Test pellets and looking for additional supplements that will help with dropping bf% while maintaining or increasing muscle mass.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Currently on Test pellets and looking for additional supplements that will help with dropping bf% while maintaining or increasing muscle mass.
First things first: diet. Im not sure of youre knowledge or education on the subject but you need to get your diet lined out and set up for success. If you want to do a recomp then i like to get about 300 cals under my maintenance, if the fat comes off but im having a hard time with the muscle then ill add in a few more fats and protein (basically another meal with beef). As far as supplements go start with protein, drink that after your workout. Next thing to invest in is an intra workout type amino drink, get 5-10g of aminos during your workout and if the drink has other stuff in it then thats good too. Aminos aren't given enough credit, they are awesome. Do this for a few weeks then decide where you want to progress as far as pre workouts go. I beg you to not touch any fat loss supps till you see the results first. So many go out and buy a bunch of hyped up junk and take it but haven't learned their body and dont know how to eat or lift for success so when the supplement doesn't do anything but make them want to crap all the time they get mad and say its just their body type. So once you see good results then add in the fun stuff.

Doorkicker

Doorkicker

Awards
For overall health I supplement my TRT regimen with fish oil, Vit-D & K, ZMA and pygeum.

I'm currently on mission to get rid of some body fat and I've been using Yohimbine Hcl and Alphamine as a PWO. Is it working? yes but slowly and that's in conjunction with a cyclic Keto diet.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been on TRT for about 2 years now. The best thing to do is to have bloodwork done testing for vitamin D, B12, Iodine and Folate. I was found to be REALLY deficient in all these.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most on trt will need or should add in d3 (6-10kiu), fish/krill oil or algal dha, b-100, and DIM. that's a pretty well rounded supplement setup for trt I think.

Ps- first post about aminos is true, they never get enough credit. Xtend bcaa's are great. Has a decent amount of glutamine in it too.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
D, K, magnesium

I do 3000 D, 700 mag

Not on TRT, but am 36 and like to cycle every blue moon

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't forget DHEA and pregnenolone. Get labs done to check your levels to see how much you need to take.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind the OP isn't asking about general additions to TRT, he is asking specific to dropping bf%.

OP- don't know how long you have been on TRT, but you should see noticeable changes in 8-12 weeks at TRT doses regarding body composition. Diet will obviously help this and maintaining your e2 levels will help further with water gain/bloat. I am not overly familiar with pellets, so this is based off a lot of experience with test C injections.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pellets will be harder to loose weight the longer they're in there from what I just read up on. Just like inj test w esters, some last longer than others and you'll have peaks and troughs. Well the peak and troughs on pellets is supposed to be really sh!tty.
So, with that said, I'd try to get on inj first off.
Next- for bf- have you tried fat burners? Forskolin from OL is pretty good and good for trt as its supposed to have a favorable impact on test.
Egcg is another. Testx180 ignite* really helped me shred up. I just ordered a sample and canceled as soon as it arrived. Did a cpl time so I had about 60 days on it. Also favorable for test levels.
Lastly- the tried and true ephedrine. Go to Pharmacy and ask at the pharmacy counter for bronkaid tabs, primatene tabs, or th Bausch & Lomb version (belive it has dbl the ephedrine for same price) and try one of those w a cup of coffee! Shazam! If you go that route, I believe benadryl at night will help keep receptors clean? It'll at least help ya get better sleep. Rant over, A1 out.