Weird. I take a few days off an awaken yesterday morning with intense shoulder pain &

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weird. I take a few days off an awaken yesterday morning with intense shoulder pain &

a swollen ac joint.

Took a week off because GF was ill so stayed with her. Nothing unusual in this time period occurred in terms of upper body weighs moved.

Then bam! Visibly enlarged ac joint(old injury area). I take these things can be exacerbated due to sleeping position?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
an swollen ac joint.

Took a week off because GF was ill so stayed with her. Nothing unusual in this time period occurred in terms of upper body weighs moved.

Then bam! Visibly enlarged ac joint(old injury area). I take these things can be exacerbated due to sleeping position?
Absolutely! I find sleeping wrong to be the biggest cause of any shoulder and lower back pain I get after having some shoulder injuries from wrestling and lifting over 10 years ago. Do you sleep on your side or with your arms up? If so, stop immediately and see if your shoulders begin to feel better. Any resting position where arms are over your head can irritate and even outright hurt your shoulder. It can be very hard to train yourself not to do those things in your sleep.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. Gym acquantaince recommended those air travel pillows which look like a miniature version of old style life preservers to maintain the body in one position-flat on back.

According to current GF and previous I am a repositioner when I sleep. Move around quite a bit.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. Gym acquantaince recommended those air travel pillows which look like a miniature version of old style life preservers to maintain the body in one position-flat on back.

According to current GF and previous I am a repositioner when I sleep. Move around quite a bit.
I had shoulder surgery about 10 years ago and AC joint repair was one of the reasons for the surgery. Before surgery I slept with a pillow under the arm of my bad shoulder to help support it. I sleep on my side so I'm sort of hugging the pillow.