Training regiman for 60 year old

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
Guys, my dad is looking to start working out a little to get into shape. He's 60 and probably hasn't worked out since high school, but is still in good shape for his age, but I want to get him into a good little workout routine to get into great shape and feeling strong!

Obviously I'm gonna put together most of the routine for him, but I wanted to seek some recommendations on any certain exercises, routines, supplements that have worked for others that are around his age. He's gonna need to start slow but I'm looking for somewhat of a 4-6 month plan that he can stick to.

Any input helps, thanks!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, my dad is looking to start working out a little to get into shape. He's 60 and probably hasn't worked out since high school, but is still in good shape for his age, but I want to get him into a good little workout routine to get into great shape and feeling strong!

Obviously I'm gonna put together most of the routine for him, but I wanted to seek some recommendations on any certain exercises, routines, supplements that have worked for others that are around his age. He's gonna need to start slow but I'm looking for somewhat of a 4-6 month plan that he can stick to.

Any input helps, thanks!
Might start him on a Machine circuit if the gym has it. easy to remember and hard to do them wrong. I would start about anyone older this way that has little experience.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
Ah, good idea. I'll have to see if that's available at his gym.

Thanks, man.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, good idea. I'll have to see if that's available at his gym.

Thanks, man.
No problem. Its nice to know he is interested. Best of luck. I'm assuming you wont be able to assist him.
Most gyms are pretty good with having someone to assist or at least get older people started on how to use the equipment at no charge.
He can just go through the whole circuit and when he feels like it he can do 2 reps on each and so on.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
No problem. Its nice to know he is interested. Best of luck. I'm assuming you wont be able to assist him.
Most gyms are pretty good with having someone to assist or at least get older people started on how to use the equipment at no charge.
He can just go through the whole circuit and when he feels like it he can do 2 reps on each and so on.
Yeah he's in another state so I won't be able to help him. I'll give the gym a call and hopefully they'll have some type of service to assist him. That would be nice of them. I don't think he needs a personal trainer, just a little guidance at first.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah he's in another state so I won't be able to help him. I'll give the gym a call and hopefully they'll have some type of service to assist him. That would be nice of them. I don't think he needs a personal trainer, just a little guidance at first.
I wouldn't waste the money on a trainer.