46 year old male needs some help

dcuozzo

Awards
I am 46 work out religiously since I was a teenager. Ex college athlete. Min 4 times a week in gym. Eat clean 90% of time. Measure my food and macros. I can't drop fat off my gut and breasts no matter what I do. I am still like 22-25% BF. I have 4 kids divorced and a stressful job. Shoulders,arms and legs are fine. Been taking 100mg of arimistane for past month. Helped a little bit I think that's water. Anything I can do to help my situation as far as supplements.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, go to Privatemdlabs dot com and order the $65 "Female Hormone Panel". This test is for males and females so don't worry. It gives CBC, CMP, TT, E2, FSH and LH. This will give you an idea of your testosterone (TT) and estrogen (E2) to see if the problem is related to hormones. You also need the doctor to order up a complete thyroid panel.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am 46 work out religiously since I was a teenager. Ex college athlete. Min 4 times a week in gym. Eat clean 90% of time. Measure my food and macros. I can't drop fat off my gut and breasts no matter what I do. I am still like 22-25% BF. I have 4 kids divorced and a stressful job. Shoulders,arms and legs are fine. Been taking 100mg of arimistane for past month. Helped a little bit I think that's water. Anything I can do to help my situation as far as supplements.
What is your BMR and whats your daily caloric intake?

Are you doing cardio? At 46 you have to do cardio!

Have you tried Keto diet?

I agree get your hormones checked

Personally I think arimistane is garbage. If you want to eliminate that its water get some real stuff and see if that makes a difference. Drop sodium way down too.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stress and lack of sleep could be the culprit. It can wreck havoc on your hormones as well. Get the labs done man! Keep us posted

dcuozzo

Awards
Thanks guys. I am gonna stop my supplements for a month get bloods done and go from there.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Get the bloods done as recommended above - or you can ask your GP if he's cool to order you the screening. There are dozens of causes for this from metabolic, Low T, cortisol, over training, diet oetc. only a blood test will tell. Also as far as workouts go - I trust you are using weights in addition to cardio? The former can increase testosterone.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would still use some supplements, such as protein powder, fish oil and creatine. These all of positive benefits and will help your training, even if your blood work is a little off. I would still suggest getting blood work done to see what exactly is going on.

I would suggest looking into an erogenic aid like PowerMax XT. It has your full daily dose of creatine, glycerol to help with muscle pumps and fullness, COP for increased performance and recovery and betaine which has a host of benefits. Betaine not only increases recovery and improves performance, but it also has a positive effect on body composition.

http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

Still, do not neglect blood work, that will show exactly what is going on and why you may feel the way you do.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Talk to doctor or certified nutritionist about healthy exercise and diet program, check bloods, get physical, all that good stuff.

You can use myfitnesspal (among other apps) to track diet if you feel so inclined.

Supplement wise BPS Androcrine (laxogenin) might be a good fit. Easy on joints, little boost in the gains department.
Staying natty you can also use Sparta Epicurus (Epicat) and/or Follidrone 2.0, lots of logs on here for that.

Strength wise creatine is always a good bet.

Joint wise, yes fish oil, maybe try Flexatril by Scivation, or even buy bulk Glucosamine.

This should get you started.

Clayton Ray

Clayton Ray

Awards
I believe balancing omegas with heavy omega three foods like hemp and chia in rice and pea protein shakes have balanced my omegas and hormones dropping the weight that gathers on my body types breast and waist.
These foods are male hormonal while whey has the female hormonal properties active being a derivative of mothers milk.
This is the best natural healing and maintenance paragrims I have experienced

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I believe balancing omegas with heavy omega three foods like hemp and chia in rice and pea protein shakes have balanced my omegas and hormones dropping the weight that gathers on my body types breast and waist.
These foods are male hormonal while whey has the female hormonal properties active being a derivative of mothers milk.
This is the best natural healing and maintenance paragrims I have experienced
Man I am going to try that, thanks.