200mg Clomid now have ED

Lazy2000

Awards
I'm 35 years old and I've been on Clomid, doctor prescribed, for around 9 months. My last bloods test showed 732 total test using 150mg per day. My doc upped the script to 200mg a day and after about 5 or 6 days at this dose I haven't been able to get erect for a little over a day. Nothing works, its definitely not a mood thing. I didn't take my dose this morning.

Anyone face this problem before? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's a crazy high dose. What do your bloods show?

Ed could be caused by estrogen being too high from that silly high dose

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely-200mg a week would be a questionable dose, 200 a day is crazy talk. I'd check with of not replace the doc

Lazy2000

Awards
My bloods showed normal estrogen the last time i had labs done. The ED is new as of two days ago. I stopped all clomid and will see my doctor this week. Before clomid i was around 300 total test. I started off with 50mg a day for a month and that raised me to 567 total test, 100mg got my in the 600 range then 150mg got me to 732mg. Is there anything i can do in the meantime to improve the ED symptoms? Thanks for the replies.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Before monkeying around with anything else, I'd wait to see if the ED is resolved by stopping Clomid. More is not better-esp with Clomid. 200/day is a protocol I have never seen

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My bloods showed normal estrogen the last time i had labs done. The ED is new as of two days ago. I stopped all clomid and will see my doctor this week. Before clomid i was around 300 total test. I started off with 50mg a day for a month and that raised me to 567 total test, 100mg got my in the 600 range then 150mg got me to 732mg. Is there anything i can do in the meantime to improve the ED symptoms? Thanks for the replies.
I can't understand why your doc would keep raining your dose of the original one clearly was working... Did you get stuck at the 500's for awhile and then he bumped it?

Lazy2000

Awards
I can't understand why your doc would keep raining your dose of the original one clearly was working... Did you get stuck at the 500's for awhile and then he bumped it?
Yes, I was in the 500s for about 3 months. After using 150mg for about a week, there was a 3 day period that i was super emotional. I'm talking like PMS emotional. The PMS went away after the 3 days and my doc checked my estrogen levels and I was good. I can't remember what the #s were.

I think that I'm going to ask him to switch me to synthetic test. any issues with ED while on test?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes, I was in the 500s for about 3 months. After using 150mg for about a week, there was a 3 day period that i was super emotional. I'm talking like PMS emotional. The PMS went away after the 3 days and my doc checked my estrogen levels and I was good. I can't remember what the #s were.

I think that I'm going to ask him to switch me to synthetic test. any issues with ED while on test?
If you have Ed issues on test there's something wrong with your pecker ha. You'll most likely be closer to a 14yr old at a brothel

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sounds like high E2 man. Originally I didn't catch the high dose of Clomid. Get off that high dose

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Your doc is a moron. You cannot get a reliable estrogen lab result while on clomid and 200mg a day for 5 days is crazy. That would only make sense at the start of PCT.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
You're all being punked. No doc will give you more clomid after his test already went up to normal range.

Lazy2000

Awards
I wish that this was a joke but it is not.

Saw my doc yesterday and he insisted that clomid at that dose is safe. He doesnt go any higher than 200mg per day because he said that it stops being effective. He referred me to a cardiologist to check if there are any vascular issues because my exam was normal, i dont have any other health problems and I have not had an increase in stress lately. My doc kept increasing my dosage after i was in "normal" test range because he said that he likes to get his patients around 1000. He also said that it depends on the patient; some feel better in the 800s or lower than they do at 1000+. I noticed steady improvements as the dosage went up.

Is there any study that found that clomid at those levels is not good? I know a lot of people rely on bro-science or personal experimentation but I'm inclined to believe my doc. The only side effects that i could find reports of was a vision problem. I have not experienced that though.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Not sure of any studies that show that 200+ mg are unsafe, but EVERY study done on male use of clomid for TRT purposes is below 50mg. I truly question your doc

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have a terrible doctor that doesn't care about your health. I would dump him yesterday.

jakecake

jakecake

Awards
Bro I'm 24 and my test was 660 before doing any anabolics at all your test is higher so you should be good idk why he'd want you in the 1000+ wich I think can only be achieved with anabolics meaning like 1 out of 1billion have that high of test naturally

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you can't get where you wanna be on 50mg of Clomid a day for months on end, exogenous test is going to be the safer way to keep you around 1000.

Also consider you're taking all this clomid every day that if you discontinue will see your levels drop the same as if you discontinue test...why not just have a couple little shots a week? We know man was designed to operate with a certain range of test in his body. Clomid, however, is not a naturally-occurring hormone. You tell me which you think has greater long term health risks.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Lol at keeping patients at the 1k range. Smfh

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I've not been prescribed clomid for ED, but I've used it and Nolva in PCTS for over a decade. Clomid at 50mgs in PCT after 4-6 months of cycling..I use 50mgs daily with 40mgs of Nolva for the first week...always seems to help the boys pop back sooner. But I have to drop the clomid as soon as possible...at 50mgs a day...my mood swings are wild. I can watch Beaches with Bette Midler one minute, then move on the Steel Magnolias for a round two while beating my junk with my tears....I hate clomid is the point. 200mgs a day, and I might literally lose my stuff. Like really go B5150...Hope you feel better, but know 200mgs might actually break me....

Lazy2000

Awards
I've not been prescribed clomid for ED, but I've used it and Nolva in PCTS for over a decade. Clomid at 50mgs in PCT after 4-6 months of cycling..I use 50mgs daily with 40mgs of Nolva for the first week...always seems to help the boys pop back sooner. But I have to drop the clomid as soon as possible...at 50mgs a day...my mood swings are wild. I can watch Beaches with Bette Midler one minute, then move on the Steel Magnolias for a round two while beating my junk with my tears....I hate clomid is the point. 200mgs a day, and I might literally lose my stuff. Like really go B5150...Hope you feel better, but know 200mgs might actually break me....
At 150mg there was a period of 3 days when i felt like that. The moodiness went away and haven't had a problem since. I've been off clomid for 7 days and the libido seems to be coming back. Not at my normal level but its definitely improving.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Just weighing in on what has already been said here – but your doctor seems pretty reckless to prescribe 200 mg per day when your Test level was already in the 700s. Most guys on TRT are 100 to 200 points below that.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
your e2 lvls prob thru the roof at that dose..i never went past 25mg